By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Creating Super Mario Bros. 4?

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
1) Where's the confirmation that Nintendo bought such a domain name?
2) MyNintendoNews is a terrible source for news.
3) Super Mario World is Super Mario Bros. 4. It's even printed on the Japanese packaging.

:(

Around the Network
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It would be SMB5 because SMW is officially SMB4. I'm surprised not many people know this.

Was the 4 only in Japan?

miz1q2w3e said:
Cheebee said:
'Super Mario 4'...? Don't you mean Super Mario BROS. 4?
Wasn't NSMB on DS supposed to be that game already though? And NSMB Wii the 5th one?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too.

I guess, technically, they never really made a #4 in series :?

Maybe it's Paper Mario 4...?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

zero129 said:
NintendoPie said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It would be SMB5 because SMW is officially SMB4. I'm surprised not many people know this.

Was the 4 only in Japan?

Yep, Damn japan for being the only ones to get mario 4 xD.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was SMB4. Japan sometimes gets more games in series that Europe and America do not get. (Anyone remember Final Fantasy?) I wouldn't be surprised, if this is true, that it'll be called SMB4.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie, where is the proof that Nintendo registered a Super Mario 4 domain?

There isn't. All I have at this moment is the news/leak/whatever from MyNintendoNews. This is also based partially on the fact that Nintendo already announced a 2D Mario for the 3DS. It's partially speculation of if the new 2D Mario would be Super Mario Bros. 4 or if it is a totally different game.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Cheebee said:
'Super Mario 4'...? Don't you mean Super Mario BROS. 4?
Wasn't NSMB on DS supposed to be that game already though? And NSMB Wii the 5th one?

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too.

I guess, technically, they never really made a #4 in series :?

Hmmm... I'm not sure

On the one hand, it says "super", and from the footage of Paper Mario 3D, it's not gonna be anything like Super Paper Mario *spits*. On the other hand, who know what could end up calling it.

Personally, I doubt it has anything to do with Paper Mario since it says "Super Mario" (no "Paper").

And let's not forget the possibility that this could end up being nothing at all, much like a lot of the domain names companies purchase from time to time.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
zero129 said:

Yep, Damn japan for being the only ones to get mario 4 xD.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was SMB4. Japan sometimes gets more games in series that Europe and America do not get. (Anyone remember Final Fantasy?) I wouldn't be surprised, if this is true, that it'll be called SMB4.

Don't push it too far, kid. I am already tempted to punch the cat in this room, because you make me so angry.

Why are you getting so worked up over this Rol? It's a name that was registered and it was a leak, it's never said to be true.

I'm sorry but dislike the modern 2D Mario games.

RolStoppable said:

I am worked up, because you are utterly clueless. zero129 says something in jest and you take it serious. The entire world got Super Mario Bros. 4, because Super Mario World was released everywhere.

The new Super Mario Bros. game for the 3DS will not be called Super Mario Bros. 4, unless Nintendo decides to be absolutely illogical (because SMB4 already exists). I could see Super Mario Bros. 7, if it gets a number attached to it.

Thanks a ton Rol, I always love when you tell me things like that.

He was correct, though. There was a Super Mario World released to the rest of the World (Like you said) but no SMB4. It could just be that that is what they will call it in Europe and America? Or maybe it's a dry leak? Who knows, it's reported news.

BasilZero said:
Cheebee said:

What happened to #3?

Blocking Super Paper Mario from your memory? I don't blame you...