By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U release = Start of new Gen? Agree or Disagree.

Turkish said:
2. And no, in the coming years when its all said and done the gap can widen to as much as 10 million between the PS3 and 360.

The 360 is gonna jump ahead of the PS3 by 10 million again? Not bad.

(Yes, I'm joking)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
As one generation starts, the other doesnt necessarily end.

As long as there is still competition, still games releasing... The generation is on-going. Just because my generation of people were born, didnt make the older generation obsolete.

I completely agree with that. I wont be making the jump for forat least a year

WiiU is obviously the start of the new generation. I can't wait to see the hardware in its complete form. Will it be an indication as to what the NextBox and PS4 will, not likely. The days of all the three systems being alike are gone Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all trying to differentiate their consoles.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Oddly enough the only one around here who i've seen really advocating for the "Wii U is just a catch up" is Gamerace, who generally leans in a pro-Nintendo direction. People who favor other companies and even many of the Nintendo haters on VGChartz at least admit the facts, which is what i like about this community. Here at least we've curb-stomped goal-post-moving

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Whoever made specs the general generation indicator deserves to die a slow and painful death.

Around the Network

Generation refers to the time period in which they were made, not the technical specifications of them. If somebody made a console equivalent to the N64 now it wouldn't suddenly be a 5th gen console - it'd be a really shit eighth gen one.

The Wii U will be the first next-gen console to be released, but that doesn't mean that the current-gen consoles just stop being sold overnight and it doesn't mean that we suddenly stop caring about current-gen sales.

1.) Yes, none of this "It doesn't begin until X says so"

2.) Hard to say, that gap is getting smaller, but slowly......I can't be 100% positive either way

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

1) Obviously, the Wii U is the beginning of a new generation ...

2)  Its pointless either way ...

1) Yes just like the Wii was part of the current generation

2) I think 360 will come in second even if WiiU was considered part of the current generation