By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:

He's mentioned it before. I believe he means the auto-attack feature of the game (even if you hardly ever use it later on...), and the movement animations, mainly the walking and juumping of the main characters.

Took me a little while to get used to it as well, but after an hour or two, I never even noticed it. So I wouldn't worry about it, for anyone else who was looking to buy it...

those are parts of what I'm talking about, but definitely not all of it. Also, I've put in at least 20 hours into the game, don't have my Wii with me so I can't say what the exact number is.

Just to clarify, I still don't regret getting it, and definitely intend to complete it once I can free up a few days in a row (which is unfortunately getting harder for me to do lately..)

20 hours? Which part did you get to? Makna Forest? That's when the battle system really gets into full-swing, when you get the last 2 party members and the different techniques (spike, auras, mechon damage, elemental damage etc.)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I see the logic here, admittadly. However, you don't know about when the Wii U will launch, or how much it will cost, so it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment. 

There may also be difficulty of trying to get it that far after launch, but there's always risks, no matter how you look at it

That's the only thing that worries me. :/

NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

I see the logic here, admittadly. However, you don't know about when the Wii U will launch, or how much it will cost, so it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment. 

There may also be difficulty of trying to get it that far after launch, but there's always risks, no matter how you look at it

As I said, it's really up to how much money you can get (let's say $300) by a reasonable time (let's say November), and how much you want the game.

I mean, it's a fantastic game, but, the Wii U does look intriguing as well...tricky situation.

I got bad news today, my friend picked up my copies, but his family is not comming back till the 20th of this month soooo my wait is going to be longer than expected :(. I will use the time to finish some of the games in my backlog,

flagstaad said:
I got bad news today, my friend picked up my copies, but his family is not comming back till the 20th of this month soooo my wait is going to be longer than expected :(. I will use the time to finish some of the games in my backlog,

Nooooo! Such a disaster! 

I suppose at least then you won't be having to complete other games at the same time ;)

Around the Network

Also- the poll says that 25/32 people definitely think it was worth a wait. An encouraging sign? Let's hope so!

Conegamer said:

Nooooo! Such a disaster! 

I suppose at least then you won't be having to complete other games at the same time ;)

I will have games still pending, I have 26 not finished games, but I want to bring that number down to 23 by the time Xenoblade arrives, that way when I finish that game my list should be around 26 again and not 30.  I usually select my next game at random but Xenoblade is going to be the exception as soon as it arrives I will start playing it.

Conegamer said:

20 hours? Which part did you get to? Makna Forest? That's when the battle system really gets into full-swing, when you get the last 2 party members and the different techniques (spike, auras, mechon damage, elemental damage etc.)

quite close to Makna Forest (last major plot point I remember was saving Juju and then Dunban and Dickson show up...)

I will take your advice and try to lighten up on the sidequests for now, though.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
Soriku said:
Wagram said:
In terms of gameplay I personally think Arc Rise Fantasia destroys Xenoblade in that aspect. However the OST/Story in Xenoblade is just so damn good.

You're right about bosses. But the normal enemies in ARF are too easy and you don't need to do anything except use Attack for every enemy in the game so Xenoblade is better most of the time.

Gameplay was still one of ARF's strong point anyway (and Xenoblade's).

If you've only just started, then the combat systme really picks up and just continues to build and build.

Each of your 7 characters have different abilities, and a completely different fighting style, as well as 16 unique Arts and a unique Talent Art. Then you have the enemies, who use status effects, and (damn annoying) Spikes, and the Party Gauge, and the Monado abilities, and the Mechon, and the environment to watch out for... I don't get why you'd think it was worse than ARF (which does have an epic fighting system!)

I'd imagine some people are getting to the 'first plot point' now, where the game really begins (you'll know if you've seen it). Just after that bit, the game REALLY starts as you go through the cave to the first of 6 'major' open areas. That moment when you come out of the cave to the music on Gaur plains...I don't care if the graphics aren't top-notch, that moment is beautiful.

I have an import copy I got back on October :P I just didn't think the bosses are all that interesting, save some unique monsters.

Did you beat all the 100+ bosses?

I beat most of them, yes. 

With the sheer number there are, of course they'll be repeats. You'd expect this from any game, let alone such a large game from such a small company...but the battle music and difficulty made up for it! The spirit enemies, for example, made things exciting, as you had to change tactics. But I never felt bored and, as you always got a unique reward from them, it was worthwhile doing them.

Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

As I said, it's really up to how much money you can get (let's say $300) by a reasonable time (let's say November), and how much you want the game.

I mean, it's a fantastic game, but, the Wii U does look intriguing as well...tricky situation.

@nintendopie   considering that this game is only being released through GS and Nintys website, I doubt there will be that much left come November. Either that or you will be paying out the ass for it.  I would just buy the game now and just not even break out the packaging, then play it on Wii U