By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
gumby_trucker said:
Conegamer said:

20 hours? Which part did you get to? Makna Forest? That's when the battle system really gets into full-swing, when you get the last 2 party members and the different techniques (spike, auras, mechon damage, elemental damage etc.)

quite close to Makna Forest (last major plot point I remember was 

I will take your advice and try to lighten up on the sidequests for now, though.

Hmm...still a bit to go to get there. You've got a marshy area, a boss, and then a brief visit to an organic area, then you're in the forest. 

I love the forest. Infact, I love most of the areas (Aside from maybe Central Factory 3nd visit...would have been easier to count it in the Core...)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

I see the logic here, admittadly. However, you don't know about when the Wii U will launch, or how much it will cost, so it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment. 

There may also be difficulty of trying to get it that far after launch, but there's always risks, no matter how you look at it

That's the only thing that worries me. :/

As I said, it's really up to how much money you can get (let's say $300) by a reasonable time (let's say November), and how much you want the game.

I mean, it's a fantastic game, but, the Wii U does look intriguing as well...tricky situation.

@nintendopie   considering that this game is only being released through GS and Nintys website, I doubt there will be that much left come November. Either that or you will be paying out the ass for it.  I would just buy the game now and just not even break out the packaging, then play it on Wii U

I have to agree with this. It's what I'd do...

Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

I see the logic here, admittadly. However, you don't know about when the Wii U will launch, or how much it will cost, so it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment. 

There may also be difficulty of trying to get it that far after launch, but there's always risks, no matter how you look at it

As I said, it's really up to how much money you can get (let's say $300) by a reasonable time (let's say November), and how much you want the game.

I mean, it's a fantastic game, but, the Wii U does look intriguing as well...tricky situation.

@nintendopie   considering that this game is only being released through GS and Nintys website, I doubt there will be that much left come November. Either that or you will be paying out the ass for it.  I would just buy the game now and just not even break out the packaging, then play it on Wii U

its what I did, I didnt even know the game was coming out on Friday, I thought it would come out Tuesday. I just happened to walk in GS to get a screen protector for my VIta and I saw it. Hell yeah I was gonna grab it, not trying to pay 80 dollars it would cost later cause there was only so much to go around.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Hmm...still a bit to go to get there. You've got a marshy area, a boss, and then a brief visit to an organic area, then you're in the forest. 

I love the forest. Infact, I'm not an idiot

Not to be rude, but some people may prefer that you don't spoil the game for them.

It's fine. I'm well aware, and I tried to put a spoiler tag on, but the text was all weird. Tried again and seems to be workng now though.

And it's only area names, not any huge plot points...otherwise I wouldn't have put it down at all.

oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

its what I did, I didnt even know the game was coming out on Friday, I thought it would come out Tuesday. I just happened to walk in GS to get a screen protector for my VIta and I saw it. Hell yeah I was gonna grab it, not trying to pay 80 dollars it would cost later cause there was only so much to go around.

TBH there's a chance they'll be plenty of stock anyway. I mean, there is over here, and I reckon they'll be another shipment if this one sells out, which it probably will.

Around the Network

I'm not that far in the game at the moment. I spent maybe 6hrs or more on side quests and running around exploring things. Total playtime is like 13hrs or so. Game is fun. I love it. The only gripe I could ever have with the game would be the character model textures. Seriously so much fun. I really don't think I've enjoyed an RPG this much since Persona 4.

Though since I did so many quests, my dudes are a bit higher level than the story mode. But it's fun running into lv70+s and getting owned, I just like attacking them for some reason :P

Just thought I'd share my game play experiences. I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am. Definitely worth Operation Rainfall's effort, to say the least :D.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

RolStoppable said:
F0X said:
I got Xenoblade at GameStop today and got nearly two hours into it. Why am I not still playing, you ask? Because I'm a teenager with parents who think watching network news is for fun than watching me play awesome games.

I thought you enjoy watching network news, hence your username.

Nope. However I enjoyed F-Zero X quite a bit, hence the "0" in my username.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Oromashu said:
I'm not that far in the game at the moment. I spent maybe 6hrs or more on side quests and running around exploring things. Total playtime is like 13hrs or so. Game is fun. I love it. The only gripe I could ever have with the game would be the character model textures. Seriously so much fun. I really don't think I've enjoyed an RPG this much since Persona 4.

Though since I did so many quests, my dudes are a bit higher level than the story mode. But it's fun running into lv70+s and getting owned, I just like attacking them for some reason :P

Just thought I'd share my game play experiences. I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am. Definitely worth Operation Rainfall's effort, to say the least :D.

Will be like that the entire game if you continue. They really should not have given xp as a quest reward.

Wagram said:
Oromashu said:

Will be like that the entire game if you continue. They really should not have given xp as a quest reward.

I really can't help it. Even the secret locations give a decent amount of exp. I just want to explore as much of this game as possible. Man are the zones expansive though. Hard to believe this is on the Wii :P

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
oniyide said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:

TBH there's a chance they'll be plenty of stock anyway. I mean, there is over here, and I reckon they'll be another shipment if this one sells out, which it probably will.

I hope so, but WTH do I care, I got my copy!