By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
UnknownFact said:

This is what I'm talking about.

And why the F is it so hard to add video to a post edit. Forces me to double.

TBH, the ad there is probably better than half of the rubbish you see for ads nowadays...at least it actually SHOWS the product at the end, as opposed to just the name.

And it doesn't lie or trick the consumer, like the PSVita ads...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:
RolStoppable said:

Accept that the game isn't an Action-RPG like Monster Hunter.

hehe, well yeah, there's that

but I'm also talking about some of the elements they borrowed from MMOs, they made the game feel a bit "cheap" for me sometimes. I'm still not sure if this was a design choice or more a constraint due to limits in time and budget. It's not game-breaking for me, but it does hurt the consistency of my experience.

What are these elements you speak of? I have never played an MMO, because I stay away from trash.

He's mentioned it before. I believe he means the auto-attack feature of the game (even if you hardly ever use it later on...), and the movement animations, mainly the walking and juumping of the main characters.

Took me a little while to get used to it as well, but after an hour or two, I never even noticed it. So I wouldn't worry about it, for anyone else who was looking to buy it...

Too bad I'm waiting... waiting... waiting for the Wii U. Once I get the Wii U though I'll have tons of work to do! O_O (AKA tons of games that I'll need to buy.) It looks very promising...

Though it might be a good thing that I'm refraining from buying games; I've got waaaayyy to many that need to be finished! (Skyward Sword I'm looking at you.)

NintendoPie said:
Too bad I'm waiting... waiting... waiting for the Wii U. Once I get the Wii U though I'll have tons of work to do! O_O (AKA tons of games that I'll need to buy.) It looks very promising...

Though it might be a good thing that I'm refraining from buying games; I've got waaaayyy to many that need to be finished! (Skyward Sword I'm looking at you.)

If you own a Wii...why not get the game? It will look no better on the Wii U, if anything it may look worse. Doesn't seem to make sense if you ask me, but each to their own...

RolStoppable said:

What are these elements you speak of? I have never played an MMO, because I stay away from trash.

Can't say I'm an adamant MMO player either, but parts of Xenoblade reminded me of, for lack of a better word, the "blandness" that is usually associated with MMOs. It comes down to having such an overabundance of content, that it begins to loose substance.

Too many NPCs and monsters feel like clones or texture-swaps with only minor changes in stats or other superficial elements, and this is also true about armor, a lot of the weapons, and even some side-quests and towns. Item collection, while by no means abused in the game, still feels rather pointless, as does gem-crafting. Even stuff like affinity and heart-to-hearts can feel like they were superimposed on top of the game, and not an integral part of the initial design. Worse still, I feel like the main characters' individual personalities lack the depth they deserve.

I realize some of this is intentional - obviously many interface elements were streamlined in order to make the playing experience simpler and more transparent, and the game prioritizes actual exploring and combat over lengthy cut-scenes or rambling dialogue, but as a result I sometimes feel a lack of emotional connection in places where I think I should feel it. Also as a result, many supposedly different actions in the game feel like they are just the same action, with minor differences, as if the pretty graphics I see with my eyes are just a thin vail between me and what's actually going on, which is just dry stat-crunching by a computer.

All this contributes to an annoying feeling that pops up in my mind once in a while when playing the game, causing this epic adventure to feel unsubstantial.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Because I have the laptop right in front of my T.V.

That and my Wii is having trouble reading the disc (it's a launch Wii, and it's had trouble reading dual-layered discs for a while now). Ah, it just went up. See ya in 24 hours.

I had the same problem with my Wii. Poor thing is too old! XD Mine didn't work at all though... and it was out of warranty. Luckily! The lady at Nintendo's Customer Service gave me a discount because I had it since launch, now that is good customer service!

Conegamer said:

He's mentioned it before. I believe he means the auto-attack feature of the game (even if you hardly ever use it later on...), and the movement animations, mainly the walking and juumping of the main characters.

Took me a little while to get used to it as well, but after an hour or two, I never even noticed it. So I wouldn't worry about it, for anyone else who was looking to buy it...

those are parts of what I'm talking about, but definitely not all of it. Also, I've put in at least 20 hours into the game, don't have my Wii with me so I can't say what the exact number is.

Just to clarify, I still don't regret getting it, and definitely intend to complete it once I can free up a few days in a row (which is unfortunately getting harder for me to do lately..)

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:

If you own a Wii...why not get the game? It will look no better on the Wii U, if anything it may look worse. Doesn't seem to make sense if you ask me, but each to their own...

That isn't why I'm not getting it now. xD I'm not spending any money on games because all my money is going towards the Wii U so I'll be able to get it when it first comes out. (I'll be preordering it.)

gumby_trucker said:
RolStoppable said:

Can't say I'm an adamant MMO player either, but parts of Xenoblade reminded me of, for lack of a better word, the "blandness" that is usually associated with MMOs. It comes down to having such an overabundance of content, that it begins to loose substance.

Too many NPCs and monsters feel like clones or texture-swaps with only minor changes in stats or other superficial elements, and this is also true about armor, a lot of the weapons, and even some side-quests and towns. Item collection, while by no means abused in the game, still feels rather pointless, as does gem-crafting. Even stuff like affinity and heart-to-hearts can feel like they were superimposed on top of the game, and not an integral part of the initial design. Worse still, I feel like the main characters' individual personalities lack the depth they deserve.

I realize some of this is intentional - obviously many interface elements were streamlined in order to make the playing experience simpler and more transparent, and the game prioritizes actual exploring and combat over lengthy cut-scenes or rambling dialogue, but as a result I sometimes feel a lack of emotional connection in places where I think I should feel it. Also as a result, many supposedly different actions in the game feel like they are just the same action, with minor differences, as if the pretty graphics I see with my eyes are just a thin vail between me and what's actually going on, which is just dry stat-crunching by a computer.

All this contributes to an annoying feeling that pops up in my mind once in a while when playing the game, causing this epic adventure to feel unsubstantial.

Unusual. Haven't heard of anyone having this problem before.

Have you finished the game? Or, have you just ignored, for a lack of a better word, most of the side-quests? You'd be surprised how your enjoyment changes if you just ignore the stuff you don't like...

Also, the armour thing makes no sense, nor does the monster thing. Most JRPG's have no on-screen difference with different armours, and every JRPG (heck, any game) have a select few enemy models with different skins. Takes Monster Hunter. You have the Jaggi and Baggi, and the Great versions, then the Rathian and Rathalos. That's 6 of 35 enemies from 2 models. 

NintendoPie said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:

That isn't why I'm not getting it now. xD I'm not spending any money on games because all my money is going towards the Wii U so I'll be able to get it when it first comes out. (I'll be preordering it.)

I see the logic here, admittadly. However, you don't know about when the Wii U will launch, or how much it will cost, so it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment. 

There may also be difficulty of trying to get it that far after launch, but there's always risks, no matter how you look at it