By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Conegamer said:
Michael-5 said:

I have been doing sidequests and rebuilding colony 6 Actually I tend to do most sidequests as I play the game, and I haven't really been struggling except that 1 boss because of poor party lineup. I've even been going back to various shops to buy intermediate spells and such, and yea. When I look at my sidequests list I'm usually 50-70% done, and the ones that aren't done are Monster/Item Quests. My motto is that when I see the right enemy I always fight him, but if I don't I fight them under my own disgression. If I feel underleveled I will fight almost anybody on my path, and I rarely avoid enemies.

If I didn't do this stuff I would be at my point maybe 3 hours sooner.

Wow if I'm going 40% faster then regular pace, then I will be done in 40 hours total. I could probably get 100% completion somewhere between 60-80 hours if my assumption of going 40% faster is correct.

Also most reviews said 60 hours plus another 40-60 if you do all side quests.

I'd say closer to 50-60 hours, which is still below average. But yeah, there's soooo much stuff which opens up after a certain story event, including the extended areas of certain areas, dozens of new quests, all the stuff for Colony 6, and all of the 5th skill trees. You've got plenty more to do.

Just try to do all of the timed quests before you head into the abandoned capital. And do all the quests IN the abandoned capital before fighting the next boss. I don't know where you are, but it's general advice. The game doesn't war you, but several areas are locked out at this point. 

Oh, and do EVERYTHING on the sword and fortress as possible, ASAP! 

I haven't gotten to the Adandoned Capital, but I'll do that. So long as it's not a stupid "deated x number of y enemies" quest it shal be done.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Conegamer said:
Michael-5 said:

I have been doing sidequests and rebuilding colony 6 Actually I tend to do most sidequests as I play the game, and I haven't really been struggling except that 1 boss because of poor party lineup. I've even been going back to various shops to buy intermediate spells and such, and yea. When I look at my sidequests list I'm usually 50-70% done, and the ones that aren't done are Monster/Item Quests. My motto is that when I see the right enemy I always fight him, but if I don't I fight them under my own disgression. If I feel underleveled I will fight almost anybody on my path, and I rarely avoid enemies.

If I didn't do this stuff I would be at my point maybe 3 hours sooner.

Wow if I'm going 40% faster then regular pace, then I will be done in 40 hours total. I could probably get 100% completion somewhere between 60-80 hours if my assumption of going 40% faster is correct.

Also most reviews said 60 hours plus another 40-60 if you do all side quests.

I'd say closer to 50-60 hours, which is still below average. But yeah, there's soooo much stuff which opens up after a certain story event, including the extended areas of certain areas, dozens of new quests, all the stuff for Colony 6, and all of the 5th skill trees. You've got plenty more to do.

Just try to do all of the timed quests before you head into the abandoned capital. And do all the quests IN the abandoned capital before fighting the next boss. I don't know where you are, but it's general advice. The game doesn't war you, but several areas are locked out at this point. 

Oh, and do EVERYTHING on the sword and fortress as possible, ASAP! 

I haven't gotten to the Adandoned Capital, but I'll do that. So long as it's not a stupid "deated x number of y enemies" quest it shal be done.

After a few of the starting areas, very few quests are like that. Most of them are far more complex, you see. 

Heck, Colony 6 has NO quests which just involve collecting/killing x of y...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Crystalchild said:
AndrewWK said:

The links are much apreciatet, but they didn´t help me with my problem

Maybe you can... I´am on Eryth Sea and lokking for the "Kuttel"(I don´t know there english name) Hideoutbut I couldn´t find it anywhere kuttel are those small guys that use to ride on this green Ogre´s

Edit: Rol was faster.

Doods..

i just made the most stupid thing in my gaming career so far.. (i think ) ..

i always wondered why the Enemies tend to switch over to Shulk once i used the Monado Skill - and yes, i give my tank some seconds to build up his rage - .. and now, 45 Hours in, while doing serious Party/Weaponry optimizing (i tend to unleash the shit out of numbers in RPG when i feel the game comes to a close soon), i noticed that... that i... i linked REYN(TIME!)'s, and Dundun's (BOW TO THE HEROPON!) passive Rage-Skills to Shulk..

Yeah... The Problem was that the Words Rage and Courage are quite similar in German, Rage beeing written "Wut", and Courage beeing written "Mut".. and i think i just didnt watch close enough.. ..while i'll stop playing for today, i expect to see that Shulk isnt the Punching bag he used to be anymore.. dear god, proofreading this text, i laughed about how hilarious this sounds. XD .. No Shulkiting anymore i guess. (tho' Running around as shulk with all the Rage on him is working pretty well, and Melia and Sharla can both deal damage on Range, meaning that they can stay in safe ground, away from the enemy.. lol!)

Yeah, it's key to make sure to link the right skills to the right people. For example, no point linking Ether Up skills from Melia or Sharla to Dunban, for example. 

Riki's middle and 4th skill trees are incredibly useful. They help you to hit more often, and deal more damage, and gain more exp. during day or night respectively. Everyone can link with that...

Your mistake is an easy one to make. I wouldn't worry about it (I know that Sharla had Reyn's Heavy Armour OK skill for most of the game, despite the fact she didn't need it >.<

AndrewWK said:

Maybe you can... I´am on Eryth Sea and lokking for the "Kuttel"(I don´t know there english name) Hideoutbut I couldn´t find it anywhere kuttel are those small guys that use to ride on this green Ogre´s

It's already been said, but just incase, go to the 'Ether Plant' (just off of Hovering Reef 10, near one of the Seal isles). It's where there's loads of windmills, a platform between them and a male NPC who gives you a quest, which just so happens to lead to Melia's 4th skill tree...but that's another matter. Jump off of the end and you should see a big island in the sea, NOT hovering, actually in the water. Swim up to it. This is the Hode Refuge, the place you're talking about. 

Admittadly I have no clue what quest leads you there though, can't remember

RolStoppable said:
AndrewWK said:

Teleport to the Ätherkraftwerk and jump off of it to the West and swim to the big island that can't be overlooked. 

Much Gratitude wouldn´t have found it without you.

Around the Network

And there is another problem, I have to kill an unique monster that is supposedly flying above Rift 5, and I´ve searched the whole damn area but I could not find it.

The story starts to remind somehow of Mass Effect at least the indoctrinaction part

AndrewWK said:
RolStoppable said:
AndrewWK said:

Teleport to the Ätherkraftwerk and jump off of it to the West and swim to the big island that can't be overlooked. 

Much Gratitude wouldn´t have found it without you.

If you don't know or haven't done so already, it'd be a good idea to swim around the sea to find a few landmarks and locations. There's plenty of shore on the side, and a hidden area. In addition, underneath Prison Island is a location, one most people miss. I reckon it's probably the way you went to the Bionis' shoulder, but they took out that area for whatever reason, and the way to get there, but not the location on the map. A shame.

Another easy one to miss (you'd be surprised) is the Supply Road, the way from Colony 6 to Bionis' Leg. 

Swimming around the whole are may be tedious, but there's plenty of hidden areas in Eryth, and even more in Makna. Exploration is key, and if you get tired, warp to one of the reefs and go from there.

AndrewWK said:

And there is another problem, I have to kill an unique monster that is supposedly flying above Rift 5, and I´ve searched the whole damn area but I could not find it.

The story starts to remind somehow of Mass Effect at least the indoctrinaction part

Try different times of day, or different weather. Also, try underneath it. Some of them have rocky beds underneath them, that might be one. 

And yes, the story REALLY starts to kick into overdrive when you hit the half-way point, which I think you're just about to reach...

Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:

Try different times of day, or different weather. Also, try underneath it. Some of them have rocky beds underneath them, that might be one. 

And yes, the story REALLY starts to kick into overdrive when you hit the half-way point, which I think you're just about to reach...

I´ve tried everything I was there while raining, day, night it just isn´t there I´am starting to believe that I have allready killed, and it doesn´t appear anymore

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:

I´ve tried everything I was there while raining, day, night it just isn´t there I´am starting to believe that I have allready killed, and it doesn´t appear anymore

Hmm...it's a possibility that you've already killed it in normal exploration. 

Sometimes, the UM's respawn like there's no tomorrow, and others don't. If you killed it and NOW need to do it for a quest, then you're in trouble I fear. The game does respawn all UM's, aside from quest-specific ones, randomly when you load in the game. I think there's a 10% chance this will happen. 

I'd try turning it off and relaoding it if it's a named quest for a named NPC, if not, leave it for a while and come back to it late-game. Odds are it'll be back then.