By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Don't deny Poor Wii U Spec

Watch and learn.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Wii U doesn't need to has better specs than PS4/X720 to be succes and lead.
Just need that all PS4/720 games can be easely and quite good portable to Wii U. If the final specs allow that, that's all necessary to lead the generation.
On the other hand, Wii U also doesn't need the best specs to offer to player the best gameplay sensation, and this i what is really important.

Excuse my english :P sorry

3DS friendcode: 2836 - 0151 - 1371

they don't say WiiU will have bad specs, they are just saying that it isn't their priority which we always knew

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:
Xenostar said:
NiKKoM said:
They also Didn't deny the Wii U can double as a Waffle maker!

But no one has written articles that said it would which theyve had to come out to talk about to try and calm the negative press.

I had an anonymous source: link

There is also other speculation about this: link

I can also confirm that it is true. I have anonymous sources.

You can even draw your waffle prints on the tablet.

leaked picture:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

haha the damage control in this thread is hilarious!!!

OT: Of course they don't care about hardware but Third parties do and if the wii u isn't up to scratch with the other guys, Nintendo can say goodbye to 3rd party support like the wii.

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
I don't think Nintendo cares to show its cards Nintendo also does not want to get graphic whores hopes up. Nintendo knows they don't want anyone to be dissapointed so they are not going to give any indication until the console is fully unveiled.

Nintendo is essentially saying no comment in a way that doesn't deny or confirm this way nobody will be dissapointed. It is always smart to keep expectations low so that you surprise and impress. I am still expecting 2x to 5x the power. It will be capable of running a 1080p game at 60fps. The Wii was slightly more powerful then the Xbox I suspect WiiU will be slightly more powerful then Wii was to Xbox. Nintendo will want to produce a real HD console.

Also judging by the recent hiring from CryTek I suspect Nintendo will have something impressive to show at E3. Also positive that WiiU can run BF3 at PC resolutions as well as titles like The Old Republic. The game console will not be the next high tech device but am pretty sure it will be able to run any new software released this year and likely in 2013.

Cant wait to see the hardware. Most likely 2.5x the power of 360 probably 2x the power of PS3 however times the power of 360 was.

Dont know where people get this 1080p 60fps from like its some kind of mode that just cant be enabled on current gen, PS3 can do this and there are a few examples, its just devs prefer to throw more stuff in if there games are running at 60fps, expect games next gen to run at 30fps on the whole like they have this Gen, and as they did last Gen AND the Gen before that. 

Devs are not going to use extra power to leave games the same and just increase the res and framerate, there gonna keep framerate the same and have more going on, on screen. 

This is merely a more creative walk on "we do not comment on rumors and speculation," making this thread and the Eurogamer article quite pointless.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Not sure why people get so defensive about it really, does it matter if its not more powerful, it will still be the only place you can get Nintendo Franchises in HD,

I would be slightly disapointed if that means only 720p, but a lot less disapointed than i was about wii only being 480p, Its still going to look amazing.

I don't get why a lot of people seem to be upset about this... it is fine if they don't have uber-graphics as long as they make quality games I will sooner or later get a Wii U... if I were all over the graphics I would have a 4k PC at home and not a PS3 and a Wii

Stefl1504 said:
I don't get why a lot of people seem to be upset about this... it is fine if they don't have uber-graphics as long as they make quality games I will sooner or later get a Wii U... if I were all over the graphics I would have a 4k PC at home and not a PS3 and a Wii

We've discussed several times why we're getting defensive about it. It's facts vs FUD. What Nintendo's doing with this statement right here is simply trying not to say anything, as in "we won't comment about this right now, so here's why you shouldn't care instead." Damage control would be more like "we're powerful enough."

The defensiveness from the Nintendo community is well-grounded, since various factual statements have come to light making it clear that Wii U is going to be ahead of the HD systems to some degree, given the known GPU range and the declared CPU series, but then we get all of these anonymous developers coming out of the woodwork and talking smack, then the sites of course air these as if they are equally valid compared to the NAMED DEVELOPERS who have said what we know for a fact; the Wii U is ahead of the HD Systems to some degree. The mystery is still the degree, but the FUD comes in with all of this "it's just the same," or the more lovely "it's weaker!" shit that's come out.

The title of this thread is definitely sensationalist trolling, btw. Perhaps it should be reported.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.