By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Don't deny Poor Wii U Spec

"We do not focus on technology specs," Nintendo told Yahoo's Digital Trends.

"We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-05-nintendo-responds-to-wii-u-power-reports

By coming out against the recent rumours and not denying them seems to add more credence to the fact the Wii U will be underpowered compared to PS3/360. What do you think?

Around the Network

They also Didn't deny the Wii U can double as a Waffle maker!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

What the hell is up with another bullshit post adding fanning to the recent flames? This is not Nintendo denying anything. This is Nintendo reiterating the fact that they like to focus on gameplay rather than going to war with console specs. Nintendo has said this time and time again, and is not a "confirmation" on their console being "underpowered".

This entire week has been nothing but bullshit posts from gamers fanning the flames of a console war trying to get a rise out of other gamers. This whole thing has been ridiculous and childish.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

NiKKoM said:

But no one has written articles that said it would which theyve had to come out to talk about to try and calm the negative press.

Xenostar said:
NiKKoM said:

But no one has written articles that said it would which theyve had to come out to talk about to try and calm the negative press.

I had an anonymous source: link

There is also other speculation about this: link

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Xenostar said:

"We do not focus on technology specs," Nintendo told Yahoo's Digital Trends.

"We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers."

I for one think Nintendo made some amazing wii games, so I can only imagine what amazing the wiiU is going to be. I think people are just getting crazy with the ram, cpu, clocks all those things. Lets just wait until e3, nintendo seems to be commited to not reveal any info before E3 anyways!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

That's such a BS statement, I've heard that countless times from Nintendo fans. I understand that graphics and processing isn't the most important part of games, but they are still an important part. Thousands of games have been made with current and under powered tech but better tech can create better games. Tech always has limitations. Just listening to an interview of the guy making Retro City Rampage. He's making a game based off 80's 8 bit games, but he is able to do a lot more that couldn't be done with 8 bit era tech. Things as simple as certain animations or activity on screen. Same goes for current gen, the complexity of current games AI and on screen interaction far out rule last gen and so on.

What's really going on is Nintendo is creating a 2nd(another) market in gaming by releasing consoles on the low end tech side. Well, controllers aside. Got to hand it to them, interesting business strategy of late.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Ill be honest i really dont care if its lower spec or same spec as PS3 as long as its same price or cheaper, i love Nintendo games, but i will not be over paying for there hardware, they didnt fool me with the 3DS launch price, so hopefully they wont try an con the public with the Wii U,

I don't think Nintendo cares to show its cards Nintendo also does not want to get graphic whores hopes up. Nintendo knows they don't want anyone to be dissapointed so they are not going to give any indication until the console is fully unveiled.

Nintendo is essentially saying no comment in a way that doesn't deny or confirm this way nobody will be dissapointed. It is always smart to keep expectations low so that you surprise and impress. I am still expecting 2x to 5x the power. It will be capable of running a 1080p game at 60fps. The Wii was slightly more powerful then the Xbox I suspect WiiU will be slightly more powerful then Wii was to Xbox. Nintendo will want to produce a real HD console.

Also judging by the recent hiring from CryTek I suspect Nintendo will have something impressive to show at E3. Also positive that WiiU can run BF3 at PC resolutions as well as titles like The Old Republic. The game console will not be the next high tech device but am pretty sure it will be able to run any new software released this year and likely in 2013.

Cant wait to see the hardware. Most likely 2.5x the power of 360 probably 2x the power of PS3 however times the power of 360 was.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

NiKKoM said:
Xenostar said:
NiKKoM said:

I had an anonymous source: link

There is also other speculation about this: link

I can also confirm that it is true. I have anonymous sources.

You can even draw your waffle prints on the tablet.