By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has “more RAM” than other current consoles and “really great processor”,

cusman said:

I wonder how many of the 3rd party games would be "better" on the Wii U and if it is worth waiting for the Wii U to play them?

Ninja Gaiden 3
Darksiders 2
Aliens - Colonial Marines

Anything else?

i'd pass on NG3, and look forward to the later 2

Around the Network

Well the weakest rumor was 768mb.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

My phone has more RAM than the current gen consoles, its shameful dispray!

Not very impressive seeing that its so late in the game. Matching up with next gen graphics from the other two consoles will be quite a challenge for the Wii U next gen. Multiplats are going to be stronger than this gens consoles, but thats not saying very much when the new consoles show their face. They should be boasting more games taking advantage of the unique controller, because thats Nintendos strongpoint, not pushing powerful games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not very impressive seeing that its so late in the game. Matching up with next gen graphics from the other two consoles will be quite a challenge for the Wii U next gen. Multiplats are going to be stronger than this gens consoles, but thats not saying very much when the new consoles show their face. They should be boasting more games taking advantage of the unique controller, because thats Nintendos strongpoint, not pushing powerful games.

What happens if the main version starts as the Wii U version like it happened with the PS2?, this time around Nintendo will be the first one in the market in a similar fashion to what happened with the Xbox360, that version became the default one and then we saw some poor ports to the PS3. What would happen then?

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What happens if the main version starts as the Wii U version like it happened with the PS2?, this time around Nintendo will be the first one in the market in a similar fashion to what happened with the Xbox360, that version became the default one and then we saw some poor ports to the PS3. What would happen then?

Remember when the Xbox gamers had no games during the original Xbox gen and they boasted about multiplats having better graphics than the PS2? Yeah....same deal. It will happen again. Wii U will definitely have a power disadvantage from the competition unless someone proves that notion wrong at E3. Nintendo being the first to the market really means nothing, because essentially Nintendo came out after Microsoft and still destroyed them by gathering the casuals. Someone told me the Wii would outsell the PS2, and the way it was selling a couple years ago I would've agreed, but at this rate I beg to differ.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
flagstaad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Remember when the Xbox gamers had no games during the original Xbox gen and they boasted about multiplats having better graphics than the PS2? Yeah....same deal. It will happen again. Wii U will definitely have a power disadvantage from the competition unless someone proves that notion wrong at E3. Nintendo being the first to the market really means nothing, because essentially Nintendo came out after Microsoft and still destroyed them by gathering the casuals. Someone told me the Wii would outsell the PS2, and the way it was selling a couple years ago I would've agreed, but at this rate I beg to differ.

Your argument here needs clarifying. What precisely do you think is going to happen?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
flagstaad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Your argument here needs clarifying. What precisely do you think is going to happen?

What I am arguing is essentially that the Wii U will suffer is what the PS2 suffered to the original Xbox. Same multiplats, visibly weaker ports. Lets see how much space their discs can hold as well. Being that it is Nintendo, I can't see being less powerful as a disadvantage for them because they've been in that position many times already and still done well for themselves.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What I am arguing is essentially that the Wii U will suffer is what the PS2 suffered to the original Xbox. Same multiplats, visibly weaker ports. Lets see how much space their discs can hold as well. Being that it is Nintendo, I can't see being less powerful as a disadvantage for them because they've been in that position many times already and still done well for themselves.

This being proof that being visibly weaker, so long as you're in the same general vicinity, really won't hurt you

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This being proof that being visibly weaker, so long as you're in the same general vicinity, really won't hurt you

This proved true with the PS2, yes. No one cared though because the number of their games dwarfed the original Xboxes offerings, so yes.