By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has “more RAM” than other current consoles and “really great processor”,

BasilZero said:

62 days x 4 threads a day =  248 threads!

This is too shameful for me to bear. Let us do the honorable thing and perform public Sudoku.

Around the Network

why do people keep quoting the zelda images as proof of the wiu u power because they are all apparently from cut scenes, there is no in game aspect to them, e.g there is no hud, no ingame combat etc, etc

A cut scene doesnt say anything about the machine power, it is often a prerendered video

Let me know if I am missing anything

existenz1 said:

why do people keep quoting the zelda images as proof of the wiu u power because they are all apparently from cut scenes, there is no in game aspect to them, e.g there is no hud, no ingame combat etc, etc

A cut scene doesnt say anything about the machine power, it is often a prerendered video

Let me know if I am missing anything

Actually, it was rendered in game engine.  Not prerenderd.   You can't change camera angles, lighting and switch between tablet and on screen compoenents on the fly if it were pre-rendered video.

And the fact is that it's well known that Nintendo always released a Zelda based technical demo for a new console yet they always end up exceeding that demo with the real game.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

oni-link said:
.. The facts being, are that the Wii U will come with a POWER7 CPU (it comes in 4, 6, 8 cores @2.4ghz-4.5ghz configuration) and a Radeon HD R770 based GPU!!! Those alone (not accounting eDRAM probably 10-24MB from MoSys, along with the rumoured 1-2GB system and video RAM) give the Wii U at the very least 4-5x more capability than my beloved X360 slim!!!

The original 8core Power7 CPU burns around 200 Watts. Now look at the WiiU case and compare its size to a PS360 case (which get warm while burning around 100 Watts). See any problem right there? Next learn what eDRAM is used for (hint: 24MByte is not enough to buffer a 1080p TV and 1-2 pads). => End of your WiiU pipe-dream.

The fact is that the WiiU apparently uses a significantly stripped down Power7 (probably quad-)core processor which is about 20-40% more powerful than the XBox processor. Given the fact that the WiiU processor has to feed more than one screen simultaneously, it is no surprise that current rumours say that the WiiU performs roughly on par with PS360 (if pad(s) are use extensively) or somewhat better (if the pad(s) are only used marginally).

z101 said:
Totaldemon said:

i belive more the anonymous developer from the candy country than this real director saying facts

/trollface

if finally the wii u resutls to be like x1.5 or x2 360 we can party hard

atleast this ensures "good hd graphics"

but ... but ... gameindustry.biz is such a reliable source said a few people here. Seems they are wrong.

gameindustry.biz has been a reliable source in the past and didn't post anything that wasn't corroborated by at least 2 sources and were good at posting retraktions. Whether that applies post merger (which only happened last month) is still up in the air, and like I said in the other thread I expect the Wii U to be more powerful than current gen when all is said and done. I just wouldn't right the article off as the site has been reliable in the past (not that they ran many rumours in the past).

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Smeags said:

This is too shameful for me to bear. Let us do the honorable thing and perform public Sudoku.

Are you sure you want to do this?

Sudoku (数独 sūdoku?, すうどく)  listen (help·info); English pronunciation: /suːˈdoʊkuː/ soo-DOH-koo is a logic-based,[1][2] combinatorial[3] number-placement puzzle. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid (also called "boxes", "blocks", "regions", or "sub-squares") contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. The puzzle setter provides a partially completed grid, which typically has a unique solution.

Or do you mean this:

Seppuku (切腹?, "stomach-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai. Part of the samurai bushido honor code, seppuku was either used voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies (and likely suffer torture), or as a form of capital punishment for samurai who had committed serious offenses, or performed for other reasons that had brought shame to them. The ceremonial disembowelment, which is usually part of a more elaborate ritual and performed in front of spectators, consists of plunging a short blade, traditionally a tantō, into the abdomen and moving the blade from left to right in a slicing motion.[1]

flagstaad said:
Smeags said:

Sudoku (数独 sūdoku?, すうどく)  listen (help·info); English pronunciation: /suːˈdoʊkuː/ soo-DOH-koo is a logic-based,[1][2] combinatorial[3] number-placement puzzle. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid (also called "boxes", "blocks", "regions", or "sub-squares") contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. The puzzle setter provides a partially completed grid, which typically has a unique solution.

Or do you mean this:

Seppuku (切腹?, "stomach-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai. Part of the samurai bushido honor code, seppuku was either used voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies (and likely suffer torture), or as a form of capital punishment for samurai who had committed serious offenses, or performed for other reasons that had brought shame to them. The ceremonial disembowelment, which is usually part of a more elaborate ritual and performed in front of spectators, consists of plunging a short blade, traditionally a tantō, into the abdomen and moving the blade from left to right in a slicing motion.[1]

*wooooosh*

flagstaad said:
Smeags said:

Or do you mean this:

Smeags' face right now:

After reading "more RAM" and "really great processor", I immidietly thought of one (well, actually there are several deriatives) thing.

POPstations (and their taglines).

drkohler said:
oni-link said:
.. The facts being, are that the Wii U will come with a POWER7 CPU (it comes in 4, 6, 8 cores @2.4ghz-4.5ghz configuration) and a Radeon HD R770 based GPU!!! Those alone (not accounting eDRAM probably 10-24MB from MoSys, along with the rumoured 1-2GB system and video RAM) give the Wii U at the very least 4-5x more capability than my beloved X360 slim!!!

The original 8core Power7 CPU burns around 200 Watts. Now look at the WiiU case and compare its size to a PS360 case (which get warm while burning around 100 Watts). See any problem right there? Next learn what eDRAM is used for (hint: 24MByte is not enough to buffer a 1080p TV and 1-2 pads). => End of your WiiU pipe-dream.

The fact is that the WiiU apparently uses a significantly stripped down Power7 (probably quad-)core processor which is about 20-40% more powerful than the XBox processor. Given the fact that the WiiU processor has to feed more than one screen simultaneously, it is no surprise that current rumours say that the WiiU performs roughly on par with PS360 (if pad(s) are use extensively) or somewhat better (if the pad(s) are only used marginally).

• MoSys 1T-SRAM a pseudostatic RAM would be used again since Nintendo owns a significant portion of the company!!!  Also, I doubt the U-pad would let the main system to all the work anyways!!!  The pads are only 480p at most according to most rumors.
  • Not yet a fact buddy, though I agree it'll be the weakest of the P7 and thus a quad-core.  I doubt it'll be too stripped, modified but stripped won't be a fact until someone does a teardown.
  • Really, I don't think the X360 CPU is anywhere close as it is a whole generation behind the P7 CPU and it was even debated by my PS loving rivals to be less than a full basic P6 which it was based on.

anyways E3 can't come soon enough.