By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U has “more RAM” than other current consoles and “really great processor”,

GianCarmen said:

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/04/04/wii-u-has-more-ram-than-other-current-consoles-and-really-great-processor-says-aliens-colonial-marines-director/.

Brian Martel, Chief Creative Officer at Gearbox Software and director of Aliens: Colonial Marines, seems to suggest otherwise.

“The machine itself will be one of the best looking versions of the game [sic]… because they’ve got more RAM than some of the other things [platforms]“, says Martel. “They’re late in the cycle so they’ve got this really great processor.”

360 - 512 Gb ram

wiiU - ??  huh?

ps3 - 256 Gb ram

also the late in cycle bit kind of implies, reenforces the wiiU may be better but still on par with the ps360.  anyways, i only read the OP not the video so maybe i'm taking this wrong.

Around the Network

I think most reasonable people (ie, not fanboys one way or the other) are expecting anywhere from an X-box over PS2 type of advantage out of the Wii U (when compared to current HD consoles) to a Dreamcast over N64 sort of advantage. Anything more or less then that would take me by surprise. Especialy less.

milkyjoe said:
Round and round we go, where will we stop, nobody knows.

bankruptcy?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

kitler53 said:

360 - 512 Gb ram

wiiU - ??  huh?

ps3 - 256 Gb ram

Quote is entirely correct.

PS Vita 768M

WiiU 768M - some of the (earlier?) developer units did indeed come with 768M

Xbox/PS3 512M

The current rumours for the WiiU are anywhere from 768M to 1.5G ram

I would rather trust the anonymous guy than this! This is BS! >_>

edit: damit too late

can't wait for the Aliens game!! looks awesome!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Totaldemon said:

i belive more the anonymous developer from the candy country than this real director saying facts

/trollface

if finally the wii u resutls to be like x1.5 or x2 360 we can party hard

atleast this ensures "good hd graphics"

but ... but ... gameindustry.biz is such a reliable source said a few people here. Seems they are wrong.

Finally a reliable source said it with all words on it... i'm starting getting freak with those fanboys made rumours that we never know if they're true or not, now that puts an end on it

More from GearBox:

"There's a lot that we can do with that screen," Pitchford said. "It's a really cool system -- it's pretty powerful. I want to be careful, because I don't want to risk any sensitive information that Nintendo's not ready to share yet, but in our experience it's a great system. I think it's a really nice bridge to the next generation. I think people will be surprised. I don't know off the top of my head how many of the specs they've released, so I want to be very careful not to jump the gun, but we're very pleased with the hardware. And even since they gave us our first alpha kit, our very first 'pre-prototype' development hardware that they kind of let us play around with, they've done so many things to make the platform better. So it's getting better for us as developers."

Source

Nice to hear (literally) these kind of comments from reliable sources once in a while ^^

and we have anothr one. i supose this means Wiiu is more powerful then PS360 again.