By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What does Sony have to do to make you NOT want the PS4?

Deyon said:
think-man said:
Deyon said:

A "Jap" is an Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a person of Japanese birth or descent.

When refering to a Japanese individual yes, Im refering to Japanese developers. My original comment was obviously written with no hate and im sure If anyone read it would not be offended.

Are you telling me it's ok to call an african developer Nig***s?

i really don't think Jap and that word denote the same thing :( I've used Jap many times and never in an insulting way 

Around the Network
logic56 said:
-do a wii

-charge for online

-go on a Nintendo/Microsoft software release routine

-stop making new ips (which kinda goes hand in hand with the 3rd option)

so pretty much everything  that the competition does wrong but Sony does right lol

Monteblanco said:
After watching the Sony's conference, they already convinced me not to buy it. Why? The new exclusive games are cool but not impressive. Moreover, none of my extensive ps3 library, which is almost interely made of psn titles, will run in the new console while all third party titles will be also released to the ps3. Sony wants to convince me to leave my game collection aside and invest in a new console with a barren ecosystem: very few games, even fewer not playable in my current set. That is for a modest improvement in graphics. Perhaps Sony's executives didn't noticed that, unlike previous generation transitions, there is no big leap in graphics this time. As there is no way I'll hook two playstations to my tv set, I think the ps3 graphics are good enough compared to the price I would have to pay to upgrade.

The lack of backwards compatibility made me review my strategy. I am going to assemble a gaming PC and enjoy the fact that, in the long term, it might be cheaper due to the reduced price of software, and the fact I can always enjoy everything I once brought in that platform.

You make some great points. 

@OP: Region lock. That crap was already decrepit when they imposed it on DVDs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

focusing too much on online multiplayer and Social networking. I may be old school but I prefer singleplayer gaming with a great story over competitive multiplayer modes. I will not let me be forced to go online or let other people spoil my singleplayer experience.

After having played the Wii for some time I also must say that I do not want a motion controller as standard controller. I liked the Playstation Controller since the old PS1 days and I will always prefer such a standard controller. I do not want Move, Kinect, Wiimote or the WII U pad as standard controller.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE DOLLARS!

this

prayformojo said:
They already did....deny me the ability to play all my PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on their system.  

Software emulation of the PS3 hardware on the PS4 or even on a high end PC is not possible. Get over it.

Price it over $399 USD.

If we are talking about launch, is already a NO for me. If we are talking down the line, a high price, charging for online gaming, and poor first party support can make me go to Microsoft to look at their offer

make it block used games.
I'm not going to get it anyway, or at least not anytime near launch. I still have a PS3 backlog.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash