By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What does Sony have to do to make you NOT want the PS4?

There isn't really anything they could do that won't make me not want it at all, except for if it's just complete shit like horrible online, high failure rate, etc.

Most things they could do would just make me wait to get it, such as high price or no good launch games.

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:
I agree with Rol, making the PS4 makes me not want the PS4. They could do things to make me want one. But by default IBM not likely going to purchase one at least not for the first few years. I bought PSP and PS3 and they were mistakes. My PSP is only good for playing third party games and LBP. PS3 is my BluRay player. Sony looked promising the software looked great. Sony is good at making games look beautiful but that is as far as they get.I gave them the benefit of the doubt Resistance was alright but it was generic it didn't push anything new and didn't hold up against competitors. Other franchises were fun and good but they were not better then Microsoft or Nintendo first party software. In fact often they weren't even superior to third party games. LittleBigPlanet was m must have Sony title, Star hawk is coming.out soon.

But Sony just doesn't have the software they did during PSOne their games look amazing they look perfect but the game play just falls short.

If PS4 focuses again on graphics and not game play I will likely skip a purchase or buy late at a discount. Their is no major feature that could make me buy a PS4 if it lacks solid AAA+ software!

Wow. So much stuff wrong with this but I'm not surprised since you have a Donkey Kong avatar.

Resistance titles were created by Insomniac, not Sony. They are not a first party studio and they never were. There were more like a 2nd party studio.

@bold
Gran Turismo > Forza (I'm going based on sales since we are on VGChartz.)
Uncharted > ??? Does Microsoft or Nintendo even have an action adventure IP?
God of War 3 > All other hack n slash games out there.
LittleBigPlanet is as close to mod support as a console will ever get. This game is revolutionary but it's not for everyone.
Heavy Rain is in a genre of its own.
Killzone is amazing graphically. Haven't played the games myself so I can't compare it to other FPS. But if we go based on sales then yeah Kilzone is sub-par compared to Halo.

Sony is good at more than just "making games beautiful". They are innovators. 

become a racist company

mM
zero129 said:
VGKing said:
zero129 said:
VGKing said:
zero129 said:
Make you're games tied to you're PSN account, Charge over $500-600 for it, even $400 is cutting it imo.

I hope its $400. Anything less and it means its a cheap underpowered system.

I'm betting Microsoft is releasing a mid-range console with Kinect 2.0 pack in at $400

Are you just trying to take a jab at the Next Xbox judging by you're comment??, cos no where in the OP did it state anything about MS or the Nextbox. Also do you really think a console launching in 2013-14 with a price point of $300-350 would be a cheap underpowered system??, it really shows you don't know much about hardware...

No, not taking a jab at next Xbox. There are rumors the next Xbox will use a AMD 6xxx GPU. That's a whole genration behind the rumored PS4 one. If Microsoft wants to bundle Kinect 2.0 with each XBox, then yeah they will have to go for the low end of those 6xxx series.

A $300-$350 console would be extremely underpowered for a next-gen console. We need a big leap, not baby steps. The console would need to be at least sold for $400 at a loss for me to consider buying it. I want my next-gen system to be future proof. Not a PS3.5.

BTW by mid-range console, I meant in comparision to the PS4 and Wii U.

This is how next-gen looks like so far based on leaked specs for all 3. 

PS4 > 720 > Wii U

Hahahaha you do make me laugh i have to say xD . We went over this in another thread but i will repeat it again. Just cos the Next Xbox is meant to be using a 6xxx GPU and the PS3 is meant to be using a 7xxx GPU means nothing for it's power. What if the PS4 ends up with a 7450 or a 7750 GPU and the NextBox ends up with a 6870 GPU??, the  the 7450 and 7750 are both newer then the 6870 or a "Whole Genration ahard" as you like to put it. But the 6870 wipes the floor with the 2 of them cards when it comes to power. and them so called leaked specs you like talking about are nothing more then rumors at this point, so i wouldn't put to much thought into them.

Also by the time 2013-14 comes around a $300-350 console would still be much more powerfull then the Xbox360 and the PS3, and would produce games that look alot more advanced. Plus i wouldn't worry about kinect as im sure at this point in time it's not costing MS that much to make. 

I'm assuming both use the same range. For example I'm assuming they both use the entry level card into each GPU generation. PS4 - 7570, Xbox 720 - 6450

You're twisting stuff up in your favor......

Either way a 6xxx is a diffent generation than a 7xxx. They are a still a generation apart regarless of power.

The 6xxx is part of the Northern Islands generation.
The 7xxx is part of the Southern Islands generation.

Overkill on the whole trying to kill the used game market thing to the extent that all gamers take a hit. But if Niny and MS do similar then I guess it won't make a difference.

As it stands, the rumours coming out about PS4 would tend me towards waiting even longer than usual after it launches to buy the system.

In any case, I won't be buying PS4 until the US price at least comes down to $299. I bought PS3 4 months too soon because my birthday preceeded the Slim by that amount of time. I won't be making the same mistake with PS4. $299 in the US IS my buying price point for PS4 no higher.

I imagine the lower the PS4's starting price the longer it will sit at the launch price. So I expect $299 to hit after about the same amount of elapsed time as it did with PS3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

A launch price higher than $399 and no BC with ps3 games. Also, make me pay to play online. That's prety much it. I could care less about insane graphics at 1080p 60fps. The best rumored specs for the WiiU on the PS4 would make me happy.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

If Rolstoppable buys one, then I don´t want it. Aside that, I am buying the PS4 no matter what.

make facebook sign-on mandatory. I don't have a facebook account and won't be getting one

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

the most thing that interests me about the new ps4 is the first party tittles. thats the main thing i care about, along with rockstar games, specially red dead redemption. so if they gotta make their first party tittles suck and stop getting third party tittles as well. so pretty much impossible

Used game lock out or costing more than 350 USD or charging for online play.