By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - $640 F'ING MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Tagged games:

I was thinking about this on the way to work and how the next two weeks of work would by the easiest days of work ever, or most anxious and about 10 minutes before I just walk out. I would move out of this crappy state I live in and take a few decades of college, develop some games, maybe plan to run for office one day, do something meaningful with the money, invest the rest.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
pezus said:
Doesn't the government need the money to pay the Chinese or something?

Maybe the Treasury department has bought a few tickets too.

if i won i would pay off any debt my immediate family had, build a computer, and sit on the rest, probably buy lots of resources such as gold.
with 200million in the bank you will make 200,000$ a year in interest at a bank a year.

usrevenge said:
if i won i would pay off any debt my immediate family had, build a computer, and sit on the rest, probably buy lots of resources such as gold.
with 200million in the bank you will make 200,000$ a year in interest at a bank a year.

Most banks are closer to 2% than 1%.... so you'd actually make closer to $400,000 a year with $200m in bank. But, yeah... that's more than enough.

I would start my own game studio and proceed to go bankrupt since I would refuse to produce the type of games that sell. But at least in the process I would probably get two or three games perfectly suited to my tastes. Screw world hunger! You can't expect me to be responsible with money I earned through irresponsible means!

Though actually on the world hunger issue, with that type of money you could probably start your own food company. With it since you would have direct oversight of food handling you could take a personal action toward solving world hunger and with some creative thinking likely reduce the costs of actually having to maintain the food unnecessarily since it will always be in circulation. Plus you would be investing in the growth of those deprived areas, which may be quite profitable in the future.

How do you breathe again?

Around the Network

Hmm...this £43,000,000 winning Euromillions ticket seems insignificant now...

*burns winning ticket*

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The majority would have to go into a trust fund after taxes to keep it inaccessible until later.

I'd seriously consider becoming a VC for companies developing ideas and products that I had a personal interest in.

I'd even consider gambling away a chunk of money by setting up a production studio for games. Worst case scenario; I'd be able to keep a good team of people employed, ideally working on something they had a legitimate passion for at least one project cycle.

Or maybe just buy the majority of publicly traded shares of a company I wanted to be on the board of directors of to influence future projects.

Lifestyle wise, about the only thing that would change would be buying rather than renting. Mostly likely under 7 figures, which where I live is fairly modest. It's unlikely that I'd spend over $30k on a reliable new car.

No one in my family has any debt, but they'd be entitled to anything that wasn't tied up in any of the above.

Lottery is the poor man's tax.

I would buy an island so I can make my own country and rules and raise my own army

I better win this! Good luck everyone!