By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 'Kid Icarus Uprising is awesome'-thread

Tagged games:

EpicLight said:
Btw, I love your avatar xD is that the Sonic Cannon?

I picked up some image from the intarwebz that I thought is looking good. But it should be the EZ-Cannon actually (sonic cannon looks different).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Xxain said:
So I walked into my brothers room took Kid Icarus out of his 3DS, put it in mine and played the 1st Zone. This game is fuckin sick.

Nice way to save some money. It should work well, this game has three save-slots.

Play the second chapter too. First is explaining the controls mostly, the second contains more funny dialogs. As Pit meets Magnus, that pretty cool I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I have to say that as much as I enjoy my other 3DS games, Kid Icarus is by far my favorite.

I absolutely love the dialogue between the characters, all the jokes/throwbacks to the original really bring the game to life. I know some people don't like the dialogue, but personally I find it makes the game charming.

The graphics look great! The edges aren't quite as smooth as in RE Revelations but still looks impressive. Uprising is definitely more colorful than Revelations though. Seeing some of the ground battles from the air as you fly over are quite breathtaking.

The above image is larger than on screen and obviously it looks better with motion. The scale of the battles you will see are enormous.

The weapon fusing system is addicting and sometimes I find myself spending an hour or more just fusing different weapons together to get one with certain traits or stats.

The multiplayer is a blast! I havn't played Free for all, since i prefer working with a team. I have played tons of Light vs Dark though. I've played over 10 hours in multiplayer alone, and am not bored of it yet. I have around 700 kills so far. (It tells you your stats). There are so many different weapons to try out and each of them play differently from each other, even weapons of the same type. Then of course the powers add to your choices. Messing with weapon/power combinations is more exciting than I thought it would be. There is a great practice range that tells you how far away you are from your opponet so you can learn the max distance your weapon can be effective.

(a picture of the practice range)

This game seems to be the game that all my friends want to play when we hang out. I would definitely recommend this game to any 3DS owner.

Just wait until chapter 18! That's where things get intense in the story. I love how you can be a dog :D

Love the game. Voice acting is freaking brilliant imo. Viridi is by far my favorite character, but every character in this game are funny as hell. Final boss fight is both extremely epic and rly funny.

Pit: Hades!
Hades: Pit!
Pit: Hades!
Hades: Pit!
Pit: Hadessssss!
Hades: Piiiiiit!
^ Makes me laugh every time! lol

Also, idk about you guys but I play with bows, I think theyr the best balance between range/speed/strength and love the homing. Curently using a lvl 302 dark bow.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

I'll pick this game up as soon as I can, I would've bought it on GAME but they failed to stock it. I suppose I purchase it on Play.com

In my oppinon, battling Madusa was more intense than Hades. :P I got chills when Madusa smacks you far away, and you have to dodge things to get closer to her. The screen shakes which, adds to the intensity. However, I DO like the final boss music that plays when you face off against Hades. One of the best final boss tracks ever.

EpicLight said:
In my oppinon, battling Madusa was more intense than Hades. :P I got chills when Madusa smacks you far away, and you have to dodge things to get closer to her. The screen shakes which, adds to the intensity. However, I DO like the final boss music that plays when you face off against Hades. One of the best final boss tracks ever.

I think that all tracks in that game are pretty solid. The soundtrack of that game is fabulous.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

This game looks great! Definitely one that I will be buying after I get my Wii U. ^_^

I hope it does well on the charts.

NintendoPie said:
This game looks great! Definitely one that I will be buying after I get my Wii U. ^_^

I hope it does well on the charts.

Pfft, after the Wii U the game will be so old and retro.

I hope too it will do well, but realisitc is too see it's an unknown franchise. I think it will reach 1 million, but I don't expect a multi-million-seller. But you never know, hopefully it does get great sales.