By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

3:10 to Yuma is a great movie. I watched the extras too. Fun fact: they ran out of budget and at the end the set they run through is not finished, but they figured things would be under construction too in the past. Then they had a freak snowstorm and had to move all the snow out of the way and dump fresh soil to finish the shoot. It was all worth it, great ending.

Last night was the season finale of Continuum, wrapping up a great second season. Great time travel sci-fi you've got to pay attention too while watching, lots going on in each episode. The last episode looked like it was going to wrap it all up, yet at the last minute they upped up the ante and set up another time line for season 3. Too bad it won't be until 2014 for the show to continue.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/continuum-renewed-third-season-at-597980

Around the Network
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

Just got done watching 3:10 to Yuma. Why didn't I watch it sooner? Outstanding Western and well acted by everyone. The kid whose name I don't remember keeps surprising me. He was great in Perks of being a Wallflower too. And Ben Foster! This guy is something of an enigma. Why hasn't he been in more big movies? I remember him in Contraband (the other Hollywood movie directed by the Icelandic director who directed 2 Guns ) and he was really good there as well.

3:10 to Yuma was so incredibly awesome it was the last good western 

If you don't count Django, I guess

Ohh jesus how could I forget that masterpiece  

Django Unchained was my favourite movie of the last year. But its kinda more of a Quentin Tarantino movie then a classical western, but its a masterpiece nonetheless

Holy shit pacific rim was awesome i didn't care for any of the characters though but man is the fights really epic. We need more giant monster movies sad not even the japanese are still making them. My fav monster was the giant enemy crab cause it looked like a godzilla type monster also my fav robot was that chinese one cause it looked like a gundam. Its also fun watching your home city getting destroyed.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Holy shit pacific rim was awesome i didn't care for any of the characters though but man is the fights really epic. We need more giant monster movies sad not even the japanese are still making them. My fav monster was the giant enemy crab cause it looked like a godzilla type monster also my fav robot was that chinese one cause it looked like a gundam. Its also fun watching your home city getting destroyed.

I KNOW there was a robot with rockets in his chest HIS CHEST

And the other one is called "Gipsy Danger" GIPSY DANGER 

enjoy this friend and tell everyone you to watch the movie its having a hard to make its money back

Altough I have to say the game sucks I had to review it and it wasn´t fun at all so stay away from that 

AndrewWK said:
SnakeDrake said:

I KNOW there was a robot with rockets in his chest HIS CHEST

And the other one is called "Gipsy Danger" GIPSY DANGER 

enjoy this friend and tell everyone you to watch the movie its having a hard to make its money back

Altough I have to say the game sucks I had to review it and it wasn´t fun at all so stay away from that 

Dont worry i had no intensions of ever playing the game. I looked at boxoffice mojo and it seems to be doing meh in the states but pretty good overseas. I think all of my close friends already watched it in cinema and its doing pretty good over here since you know its set in hong kong. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I just watched Oblivion, great movie for the big screen. Not knowing much about the movie yet, I did get an early "Moon on big budget" vibe from it. I was not far off. The story was the least interesting part, full of the usual cliches, inconsistencies and unbelievable action scenes. Still it was entertaining enough to keep the movie going, I only checked the clock a couple of times, 6/10.

The extras were more interesting. Awesome to see how they constructed the sky tower set, the actual flying machine, and used 14 HD projectors to project the sky in behind the set to get all the reflections right instead of using a green screen. Iceland was also a perfect choice for the location. Visual design is outstanding throughout, only some cgi add-ins looked a bit fake. (Half a suspension bridge and office towers fused into canyon walls?). 9/10.

One of the other extras is the isolated score by M83 in a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD 96khz mix. I watched the beginning of the movie again with the isolated score and I might actually prefer the movie that way. Beautiful music, beautiful visuals, subtitles are good enough for the rest.

Not far off Tron Legacy overall. I will watch it again for the sights and sounds. Next time when I have the house to myself and can give the surround setup a good workout.

The Conjuring

ok I admit I was scared..this is probably the scariest movie in a long time and I thought I was a big boy :S
nothing new or original otherwise it would be a 10.

9/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

The Lion King is the greatest movie of all time.
That is all.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

The 2nd Wolverine Movie can´t be worse then the first one

btw. I have watched IP Man tonight its a really nice movie

pezus said:
The Way, Way Back was such a wonderful film. Highly recommend it. Steve Carell plays a douche for once and Sam Rockwell is freakin' brilliant.

Sounds interesting, I put it on my watch list.
How does it compare to Moonrise kingdom? (if at all)