By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Just finished watching Beasts of the southern wild. Interesting movie but I was often wondering whether it would go anywhere while checking the time. Not a good sign for a 90 minute movie. The main problem with it is the excessive use of shaky cam, making it often tiring and occasionally hard to watch. A shame since the 16mm images give it a great look.

The story is good with some great characters. Behn Zeitlin should have left some of the deleted scenes in though, Hushpuppy suddenly running of with the gang of girls was a weird step that didn't make sense until the deleted scenes.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake 

Thats all I need to know :)

finished watching lol nice movie a bit too long 2h10min should be shorter good action scenes music is awesome not so good story characters are also very good nothing feels fake or unnatural...never wathced the anime series so I dont know how to compare them..

8/10 :*D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
SnakeDrake 

finished watching lol nice movie a bit too long 2h10min should be shorter good action scenes music is awesome not so good story characters are also very good nothing feels fake or unnatural...never wathced the anime series so I dont know how to compare them..

Woh 2 hours, I did not expext that and too long. I though it was going to be too short when I watched the trailers anyways how was the comidly and drama. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
kljesta64 said:
SnakeDrake 

Woh 2 hours, I did not expext that and too long. I though it was going to be too short when I watched the trailers anyways how was the comidly and drama. 

it has a few funny parts but I never felt drama like a big part of the movie..but the characters are very lovable

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

pezus said:
^You should watch the Rurouni Kenshin OVA now

lol you remind me I haven't finished it. 

@kljesta64 Awe the original anime and manga had a lot of emotional scenes that were great. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

watched Oblivion nice plot although predictable and with a little more work this could have been a masterpiece.

and Hook i think its very underrated considering the 6.4 IMDB score

Tsubasa Ozora

Young and Dangerous awesome chinese triad movie you can literally smell freedom in this one..five more sequels to go and a prequel lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Record of Lodoss War if you havent watched this I highly recommend it 9/10 :D

Tsubasa Ozora

I watched Cloud Atlas tonight.

An interesting movie, standing ovation to the make up artists. All the cuts back and forth while looking for the connections kept it interesting. The whole is better then the sum of the parts, yet that's not entirely a compliment. The individual stories were a bit lacking for me, not a lot of originality to be found. It looks beautiful though, great art work.

Had the stories been of the same caliber of say Babel, the movie would have been a 9 for me. It's closer to a 7.5 as it is. Maybe edging to an 8 when I notice more of the subtle connections on a repeat viewing. Although at almost 3 hours that will have to wait a while.

The blu-ray has one of the ugliest menu screens I've seen, but at least it has some good extras which give you a glimpse of the mathematical madness with which the movie was put together.

Indeed, how did the others end, can't remember either. First frequently asked question on imdb is: How does the movie end... Memory refreshed, not a spectacular ending.

Apocalypto is good for eye candy. One of the early blu-rays that looked really good. There is not much for story, a lot of running pretty much.

Still the same mixed feelings about Cloud Atlas. The story in the far future is the most interesting, but it feels cut short. The one in 2144 has potential but never reaches it. The further back in time the more boring and cliched the stories get. Maybe that was an intended progression as well...
It's worth a rental for the editing and makeovers.

Yesterday I watched Home (2009). There was a thread about it couple days back. Worst voice over ever and a load of preachy nonsense. First 70 minutes, we all suck, we're destroying the earth, the 20% are ruining the earth for everybody, the remaining 80% is paying the price. Last 15 minutes, I've seen the light, if we all put solar panels on our homes and buy sustainable food we'll be fine.
Well sorry that doesn't solve anything about 7 billion people not being able to all live at the level of luxury we're accustomed to and most people aren't willing to give up. Nor oil running out or the coming water shortages from disappearing glaciers, exhausting fossil water supplies, and changing weather patterns.
Yeah just stick a solar panel on the roof and buy free range food, everything will be fine...