By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
Yup wildlife and local tribes documentary. They way they're filmed nowadays evokes more emotion out of me then most movies. Maybe I'm getting old... The behind the scenes footage after each episode is awesome too.

I couldn't stay interested while watching the first G.I. Joe movie ('09 one) The special effects at the start were decent but then I zoned out, never watched the rest.

Tonight I watched The Darjeeling limited. Very captivating movie. My 2nd favorite Wes Anderson movie, after Moonrise kingdom, a bit better streamlined then The Royal Tenenbaums.

My favorite is Life Aquatic. Perfect in everyway imo. Music is great, camera work, development, directing, actors, etc.

Royal Tenenbaums would be tied with Moonrise kingdom. Not sure which I will pick right now. I like both, but Tenenbaums has been a while and the affect has left me.

Never seen Darjeeling, but it looked interesting. One of the last few films before Luke Wilson totally lost his way in hollywood. He is in it right>?

I need to watch Life Aquatic again, it didn't make much of a lasting impression on me. Time to dust off that dvd.
Luke Wilson is not in it, The brothers are played by Owen Wilson, Adrian Brody and Jason Schartzman.

I want to watch the Tennenbaums again too, if only lego city wasn't so addictive. Want to buy extra time in the day...

Around the Network

watched last night tron legacy its beautiful but nothing more besides that

@svennoj did you like A Chinese Ghost Story ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

watched starship troopers :*D

15 years ago it was a beast now its crap but still the best bug movie there is

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I'm also a fan of Tron legacy, mainly because of the sound design. Story wise it's not great, not terrible either. With the volume cranked up it's very enjoyable from start to finish.

Chinese ghost story finally arrived last week and I have some time tonight. I'm going to watch it right now.

Chines ghost story was good, fun movie, very 80's. I love the inspector gadget style antihero. Good story too although sometimes hard to follow, the English subtitles on the blu-ray are very bad and occasionally confusing. Also like Willow I don't think blu-ray does it any favors, quite a varying mix of image quality throughout.
I probably would have loved it in the 80's. It's still fun nowadays but not an instant favorite.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Chines ghost story was good, fun movie, very 80's. I love the inspector gadget style antihero. Good story too although sometimes hard to follow, the English subtitles on the blu-ray are very bad and occasionally confusing. Also like Willow I don't think blu-ray does it any favors, quite a varying mix of image quality throughout.
I probably would have loved it in the 80's. It's still fun nowadays but not an instant favorite.

I also have the Blue ray version and yes the subs suck big time thats why I prefer the dubed german version over all others..even for me its hard to follow the movie and to really enjoy the blue ray version and part 2 and part 3 are no exceptions..my first time I was like 7yo and even to this time it never dissapointed me. its a shame you dont know german :D

tonight its batman versus dracula looks awesome

Tsubasa Ozora

I actually do know enough German to be able to follow it with a peak to the subtitles now and then, but that was not an option on the blu-ray version. I occasionally watched movies on RTL+, ARD, ZDF when I was growing up, not too much to watch in my own language with only 2 Dutch tv channels at the time. The great wild west to me was black and white with cowboys and indians that speak German.

Django Unchained was up tonight. Great movie, it exceeded all my expectations after looking forward to watching it for over a year. The 2 hours 45 minutes were over in a flash, I was completely sucked in to the movie.
Christopher Waltz is an amazing actor and this time he wasn't dragged down by Brad Pitt. Jamie Foxx was great too. Hopefully Quentin Tarantino never changes, no cgi, beautiful widescreen 2D, master at framing and letting each scene play out to its fullest potential. Love it.

nice movie but the action scenes ruined it for me I felt like watching a zombie movie

last night wathced toy story 3 for the first time it doesnt dissapoint but 8.5 imdb rating is too high more like 7

I also recommend batman versus dracula

Tsubasa Ozora

SvennoJ said:
I actually do know enough German to be able to follow it with a peak to the subtitles now and then, but that was not an option on the blu-ray version. I occasionally watched movies on RTL+, ARD, ZDF when I was growing up, not too much to watch in my own language with only 2 Dutch tv channels at the time. The great wild west to me was black and white with cowboys and indians that speak German.

Django Unchained was up tonight. Great movie, it exceeded all my expectations after looking forward to watching it for over a year. The 2 hours 45 minutes were over in a flash, I was completely sucked in to the movie.
Christopher Waltz is an amazing actor and this time he wasn't dragged down by Brad Pitt. Jamie Foxx was great too. Hopefully Quentin Tarantino never changes, no cgi, beautiful widescreen 2D, master at framing and letting each scene play out to its fullest potential. Love it.

Best western I've ever seen. Great acting form every one and I love how Quentin blows himself up in his own movie. The only thing out of place was the rap music, but its ok it made Jamie Foxx the boss.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
SvennoJ said:

Best western I've ever seen. Great acting form every one and I love how Quentin blows himself up in his own movie. The only thing out of place was the rap music, but its ok it made Jamie Foxx the boss.

I always get a big smile on my face when he appears in his own movie. The rap music took me off guard too initially, but it worked. The rest of the soundtrack was great too with good surround sound effects.
First time watching a Trantino movie is always the best, just when you think you have it all figured out he throws something unexpected at you. I wonder what his next movie will be about.