By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

Love the poll. Early Eddie Murphy movies were my favorite growing up. It's sad to say, but I know all the lines in Coming To America off by heart.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

Ah there's your thread, lost it for a while.

I've watched Who framed Roger Rabbit since last time. That held up pretty well, still a fun movie. It didn't break my 3 year old's addiction to Wreck-it-ralph though.

My wife and I also watched Les Miserables, not that great. Russell Crowe is pretty bad and the whole thing could have been an hour shorter. The much advertised live singing was the weak point of the movie. The color palette was pretty dull as well, very gray movie. Still some scenes were very well done and sound mixing for the few action scenes was excellent. However Moulin Rouge is much better in all departments.

Since then I got into a BBC earth viewing spree. Earth, the biography, Wild China, Frozen Planet, Yellowstone: Battle for life, and The great barrier reef. Frozen planet and Wild China are the stars of this lot. Awesome HD visuals and plenty of things I hadn't seen before yet. Next up is Africa.
I'm certainly going to miss David Attenborough when he finally retires, I've been listening to his narrations since I can remember.

spurgeonryan said:

Just look in movie forums in the forum index and you can find any of the old movie threads easily.

David Attenborough....Without looking him up, Jurrasic Park actor or is he a director? I feel stupid for not knowing him. Richard Attenborough is the Jurrasic park actor I think  now.

Did you buy the 25th Anniversary Roger Rabbit? I noticed it at Walmart last week. One of my most watched movies of all time. Of course that was when I was a kid and did not have many options because no one would buy new movies except on my birthday. Always was Van Damme films though.

Crowe has gone down in his career. He was lucky that they brought him on. He had the cult classic, Wu Tang film a year ago that failed, then that recent one with Mark Wahlberg that failed, and a few other movies that were just not too decent. He is hit and miss, but I think he has just gotten lucky a few times with the choices he has made. Gladiator, Master and commander, etc. I do like him, but he is not a favorite.

Ouch you don't know Sir David Attenborough? He has been the face of natural hisory programming for the past 60 years.
Of course Americans felt the need to replace him with Oprah Winfrey for the US versions of Planet earth and Life. Luckily the blu-ray versions have David Attenborough's narration.

Yes, I got the 25th aniversary blu-ray edition. It was one of my favorites as well and it was time to replace my Laserdisc version. It looks and sounds pretty good for a 80's movie. The bonus cartoons show a lost art in todays animation, complete over the top exaggeration. The cartoon characters drawn in to the real world still look great. Eddie Valiant in the cartoon world didn't age that well, but that's only a minor part of the movie. Favorite line: "You mean you could have taken your hand out of that cuff at any time? No, not at any time, only when it was funny."

I watched last night attack the block and its pretty bad..lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spurgeonryan said:
kljesta64 said:

Really? I have never seen it myself, but many people said it was reallly good. This the British Movie right?

I want to take my kids to see Jurrasic Park 3D this weekend. Let them experience what I did as a kid. 3D should make it a lot better. Although I think that after all the big blockbusters they have seen in the life, Jurrasic Park 3D may underwhelm them. Hope not.

I have great memories from my first time watching Jurassic Park. It was the first movie I saw with DTS surround in the cinema, a totally new experience. It felt like it was raining in the theater.
It probably will make less of an impact nowadays, pretty slow movie compared to todays blockbusters and converted 2D as well. Did they re-render the dinosaurs at least?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
kljesta64 said:

Really? I have never seen it myself, but many people said it was reallly good. This the British Movie right?

I want to take my kids to see Jurrasic Park 3D this weekend. Let them experience what I did as a kid. 3D should make it a lot better. Although I think that after all the big blockbusters they have seen in the life, Jurrasic Park 3D may underwhelm them. Hope not.

rlly nothing to see.. except the monsters are kinda cool looking..JP still looks good even today and for the big resolution screens we have now i think there must be a re-render lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

just saw A haunted house had a few laughs not bad

7/10 :*D

Tsubasa Ozora

On a night like tonight vhs would be most welcome. There's a winter storm and the power has failed 5 times already. Just long enough to reset everything, disastrous for modern electronics. 2-3 minutes to reboot the cable box, DvD / Blu-ray restart and sit through all the mandatory crap again. Restarting Lego city undercover, 5 minutes at least.
Hurray for laptops, although internet keeps failing too. Above ground power lines suck!

Ah there's nr 6, still on the loading screen for Lego city... Internet browsing it is I guess.
Ooh nr 7. At least the internet is back within a minute.

I watched the first episode of Africa last night on blu-ray. It exceeded all my expectations, bbc earth just keeps getting better. Amazing footage, editing, music, the whole package. The first episode already got attention in the news from the epic giraffe fight. The whole episode was great. I'm glad I waited for the blu-ray instead of watching it on Discovery hd. Next episode tomorrow.

Yup wildlife and local tribes documentary. They way they're filmed nowadays evokes more emotion out of me then most movies. Maybe I'm getting old... The behind the scenes footage after each episode is awesome too.

I couldn't stay interested while watching the first G.I. Joe movie ('09 one) The special effects at the start were decent but then I zoned out, never watched the rest.

Tonight I watched The Darjeeling limited. Very captivating movie. My 2nd favorite Wes Anderson movie, after Moonrise kingdom, a bit better streamlined then The Royal Tenenbaums.