By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
AndrewWK said:
I just watched Arthur Christmas. This is one of the best if not the best Christamas movie out there, I will watch it for christams again thats for sure.

Beats National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?  I've watched that movie almost every year during the holiday season. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
AndrewWK said:
I just watched Arthur Christmas. This is one of the best if not the best Christamas movie out there, I will watch it for christams again thats for sure.

Beats National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?  I've watched that movie almost every year during the holiday season. 

Yeah, altough that movie is great as well.

spurgeonryan said:
sethnintendo said:
AndrewWK said:

Arthur Christmas?

My favorites

Santa Clause is coming to town

Its a Wonderful life

A Christmas Story

National Lampoons

The Santa Clause

Elf

The one with the guy from Wedding Crashers.

It was a terrific movie. Gather your family together and watch it on Christmas or at the Christmas time. Trust me everybody will enjoy it. And if you don´t trust me...

trust him.

Is Looper any good? May go and see it next week.

pezus said:
RedInker said:

If you like sci-fi and action and a bit of thinking. A very solid viewing indeed!

It does look pretty cool. I was amazed when the missus said she would like to watch it. She normally likes Twilight and that sort of bollocks.

Around the Network
RedInker said:

My local cinema doesn´t have a showing. But Jeremy loves it

AndrewWK said:

It was a terrific movie. Gather your family together and watch it on Christmas or at the Christmas time. Trust me everybody will enjoy it. And if you don´t trust me...

trust him.

Some reason I thought it was the Arthur from the 80s and recent remake where he is drunk all the time. 

AndrewWK said:
RedInker said:

My local cinema doesn´t have a showing. But Jeremy loves it

Thats a very enthusiastic review. Must be good cuz hes talking damn fast. Havent watched any films at all recently. Gonna be a movie weekend I think.

Never watched the old Arthur or the new one. I believe the old one might still be on Netflix instant stream. I might have to give it a try if there is nothing else that I want to watch.

Re watched E.T. the theatrical cut for what I'm guessing was the 6th time still one of my favorite movies of the 80's and one of Spielberg's best movies. Last time I saw it was over eight years ago. Mainly re watched it to see how the DVD version holds up and in my opinion it still looks good so I'm not upgrading to the Blu-ray version anytime soon. I have the 20th anniversary edition that comes with the original theatrical version and the 20th anniversary edition with 5 minutes more content in the extended version which I only watched once. Also I think its sad that Bob Hoskins retired from acting due to Parkinson's disease he is a great actor and stars in one of my other favorite movies from the 80's "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and he did a great job portraying Nikita Khrushchev in "Enemy at the Gates" which is a very underrated movie about World War II. Going back to E.T. its one of the best live action movies aimed at kids from the 80's along with The Goonies and The Neverending Story one reason I like those three movies so much is because I saw them at the big screen as a kid. With all the merchandising and in movie adds Universal pretty much made the movie for free and if the rumors are true that Atari spend 20-25 million for the licensing rights for its game then it made a profit on that alone since the movie only had a rumored budget of 10.5 million. Also E.T. has one of the best scores by John Williams. I also find it funny that the Audi 100 was called the Audi 5000 in the US its a somewhat cooler name but still overall a stupid move by Audi and it sure didn't work for the Audi 80 since that sounds better then Audi 4000.