By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:

Pirates are a love them or hate them for me. The first one was so great that it just made it hard for me to enjoy them after that. I do not know what they were missing. The stories should be perfectly fine to make them classics. But they are not. The Maelstrom part in the third one was kind of epic though. That movie was only a little better than the second one. Hard to rate them, I enjoyed them all but am kind of burned out on them now. 4th one was about as good as the third one for me. When jack sparrow does things that are beyond impossible is when I get turned off from it I think. A few funny, how the heck did that happen moments is fine in a movie. But when the whole movie is full of impossible feats ( MI2, Indiana jones 4) it gets a bit much for me.

I don't mind the impossible things too much as long as the movie doesn't take itself too seriously. It didn't work for me in Indiana Jones 4, but Jack leaping from palm tree to palm tree wasn't too off putting in the setting of the movie. The frogger inspired bit in the beginning was brilliant, stepping from coach to coach to plank to coach. That's probably why I didn't like 2 and 3 too much, they started to take themselves too serious while sticking to the impossible stunts. 4 is a lot closer to what made the first one the best.

I also liked Cutthroat island and would love to see something like Erik the viking again. Much better then the Clash of the titans type crap.

Around the Network

Never heard of Timeline before you brought it up.  If the movie is close to its meatscore of 28/100 it probably not very good if its more like its imdb score of 5.4/10 its probably watchable.

Watched Platoon for what I think was like the eighth time first time on Blu-Ray still the best movie about the Vietnam war also my favorite Oliver Stone movie.

Next movie I probably gonna watch is American Psycho for the first time.

So I watched American Psycho the Uncut Edition very good movie loved that it took place in the late 80's. Definitely one of Christian Bale's best performances. Also re-watched A Fistful of Dollars for like the 6th time second time on Blu-Ray. Not sure what I will watch next might buy a couple of movies this weekend.

Around the Network

I watched Men At Work once but its been so long that I really can't remeber much of it.  Keith David is one of my favorite actors/voice actors I'm glad his character survived in Platoon.

pezus said:

Looks like a cross between Babel (excellent) and The fountain (not so good)
It looks interesting but I don't think it has the makings of a classic. I could be wrong.

I forgot about Prometheus. Has anyone seen that? It won't be out until October 11th on blu-ray. I'm kinda worried that it only scored 7.5 on IMDB, but since it's directed by Ridley Scott it's pretty much a must buy.

I finished watching Puss in Boots. A fun family movie and it looks amazing. It really shows how far game graphics can still go, the lighting is amazing. Very entertaining, not a bad one to watch over and over, which will happen at some point when my kids grow older. Better then watching the same episodes of Diego over and over ugh.

I'm pretty sure I have seen the net, yet I can't remember anything of it. It did not leave an impression. Maybe I turned it off too :/ I assume you meant the 1995 version? I haven't dared to watch The net 2.0 yet.

Hackers came out the same year. That was pretty nonsensical too but it still sticks in my mind because of the great music. Actually it's quite a good comedy by now. Ooh a 28.8 bps modem, hi-tech!

God Bless America on Netflix was pretty fucked up. Entertaining and (dare I say) pretentious as well. Want to see a man shoot a baby after it's been tossed in the air, and see it splatter all over his mother's face? Here's your movie.

I also watched "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie". Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. It's on Netflix. I've watched it about once a day for the last four days! Yeah, it's a bad movie but fuck, I love it! Oh, and if you want to see a man shoot a ten year old that's been tossed in the air, and see him splatter all over the place, here's your movie.