By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

This weekend I was in a B movie mood, but it didn't turn out well.

First I tried Zombie apocalypse, it was a good laugh for the cheesy acting, cheap sets and over the top exploding head shots but I couldn't take more then 20 minutes before turning it off.

Next was Ghost voyage. It started of interesting, kinda gave me hope that it would be something like the original Cube. But that feeling soon passed. After 15 minutes it was erased.

Last was the 7 adventures of Sinbad. Wow, who thought it was a good idea to make this. It was so terrible I couldn't even laugh at the bad script, terrible acting and ps1 era visual effects.
I had a lovely time playing GT5 instead.

Around the Network

Is the new Dredd film suppossed to be any good?

spurgeonryan said:
RedInker said:
Is the new Dredd film suppossed to be any good?

As an over the top 90's action movie staring Stallone, it really was not too bad. Well....it was bad, but B-Movie bad I think. The British seem to love Dredd. Recently there was a flash or iphone game made for it. I did a thread on it. The comic book is big over there as well from what I am told. I do not have high hopes for it, but Urban can be either a hit or a miss. I enjoy him in almost everything so I will try to see it.

The Stallone film sucked ass. So much potential. Dredds pretty big over here. My brother is a big fan of the Dredd/2000AD comics. He has been collecting since he was in his mid teens. Hes 38 now.

Hey Spurge, the graveyard scene you showed from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly is one of my favorite scenes from a Leone movie ever and I would never say anything bad about that movie. The thing is that the scene where we find out why Charles Bronsan's character always carries around the harmonica and what he finally does with the harmonica at the end of Once Upon A Time in the West is even better. Do you know what I'm talking about or have you not seen the movie?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I watched Source Code yesterday (I know Jake Gyllenhaal still) and this movie was awesome, I highly recommend it. It was a huge surprise.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
I'm going to make a sacrilegious statement in this thread.

Once Upon A Time in the West is actually a better movie than The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Charles Bronasan is perfect as Harmonica and Henry Fonda is amazing as the villain. Oh yeah.. and Jason Robards is great. Oh... and Claudia Cardinale is a vixen.

In my eyes,Once Upon A Time in the West is THE best western ever made. The 2 disc DVD special edition I bought a few years back is so feature packed it's ridiculous. Make sure i watch it every year. 

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

amp316 said:

Once Upon A Time in the West is actually a better movie than The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Charles Bronasan is perfect as Harmonica and Henry Fonda is amazing as the villain. Oh yeah.. and Jason Robards is great. Oh... and Claudia Cardinale is a vixen.

They are equal imo. But "The good The bad and The ugly" has something that "Once upon a time in the West" does not.

CLINT EASTWOOD

AndrewWK said:
I watched Source Code yesterday (I know Jake Gyllenhaal still) and this movie was awesome, I highly recommend it. It was a huge surprise.

Source Code was terrific. Moon was brilliant. Can't wait for Duncan Jones' next film. 

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

madman25 said:
AndrewWK said:

Source Code was terrific. Moon was brilliant. Can't wait for Duncan Jones' next film. 

It was a great movie. And not even Jake Gyllenhaal could spoil it.

amp316 said:

I like both movies but I have to give the edge to Once Upon A Time in the West it just a bit more epic and has a slightly better cast having a bugdet over four times bigger also helped.  As far as the score goes I have to give the edge to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, the Ecstacy of Gold is one of the best pieces Ennio Morricone ever composed.