By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
SvennoJ said:

Oh yes, it's my favorite blu-ray. I lost it for a while when friends borrowed it and their 10 year old was watching it over and over.
I would die for a box set of all ghibli movies on blu-ray with japanese language tracks and commentaries by Hayao Miyazaki.

I thought for a second that they were all getting re-released on blu-ray, but it's just blue dvd cases. Still looks nice.
Totoro, Castle in the sky, Kiki's delivery service and Secret world of Arrietty (blu-ray) are out now.

OH MAH GAH! I would pay ANYTHING for that!!!! :-O

I wish I owned Ponyo, I only saw it when I was sick last year and I watched it on my brothers PS3. (Netflix.) It was instantly one of my favorite movies! XD

Around the Network
pezus said:

You said you'd seen almost all Ghibli movies! Clearly not even close! Watch Grave next. Then Nausicaa, Howl and Laputa.

That's 6 out of 11, close enough.

pezus said:

Ninplup the Grey

It's my brothers. I only played FFXIII on it.

pezus said:

No, I didn't mention all of the Ghibli movies

Fine, I've watched some of the most popular ones!

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
Ehh.... I really did not like Rango. I found it quite boring.

I thought it was OK, but I was bored at times indeed. I almost fell asleep! But that is because I was tired as fuck

OMG! Rango. I loved that movie. Was quite entertaining and that one parody scene like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas made me roflmao. Yep i went all the way :D

Around the Network

I watched the adventures of TinTin last night. It was better then I expected. The 3D versions of my childhood characters were pretty good actually. The obvious 3D gimmick shots could have been removed for the 2D version but overall it looked great. Love the art style.
I wouldn't mind more of these movies, it should be easier now they have all the tools and models. Not sure if it's possible though, the movie was a mix of 2 books as each book only really lends itself to a 45 minute episode. It's probably way too costly to turn this into a weekly series at this quality.

The original Mad Max is Mel Gibson's best movie. How did you not put it in your poll?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
I watched the adventures of TinTin last night. It was better then I expected. The 3D versions of my childhood characters were pretty good actually. The obvious 3D gimmick shots could have been removed for the 2D version but overall it looked great. Love the art style.
I wouldn't mind more of these movies, it should be easier now they have all the tools and models. Not sure if it's possible though, the movie was a mix of 2 books as each book only really lends itself to a 45 minute episode. It's probably way too costly to turn this into a weekly series at this quality.

We watched Chimpunks:Chipwrecked at first instead of this movie. That was a very bad idea!

So later on when I went to see Tin Tin, I actually enjoyed myself. It was not stupendous, but for a cartoon that I have never seen before it was done well. I enjoyed the ship seen and when they were flying to the desert. It is not too often that you have a cartoon character using a gun in movies so that was actually a nice change as well.

I quite enjoyed the cartoon versions as a kid as well as the Asterix and Obelix cartoons. I was afraid that the 3D version would clash with my fond memories but it did nothing of the sort, very enjoyable.

This is the original.

Last film I watched was Full Metal Jacket. Great Film.

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:

The original Mad Max is Mel Gibson's best movie. How did you not put it in your poll?

Obviously because I do not think it was anywhere near his best movie. I enjoyed The Road Warrior much more! I liked Mad Max, and I am happy it was made so that The Road Warrior would come to be made. Also Zedd from the show The Legend of the Seeker got his start in The Road Warrior I think, so that makes me happy as well.

Next thing you're going to tell me that Army of Darkness is better than Evil Dead 2...

I do like the Road Warrior a lot, but Mad Max had the much better story in my opinion.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger