By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof users never ever read the topics

Tagged games:

I think tablets will replace consoles soon. After that they will replace the PC. Just hook it up to a keyboard/mouse+ flatscreen and its as good as any PC. They already replaced GPS/Music Player/BOOKS/TV/Radio. Soon every Car will have an IPAD instead of the Speedometer.

Then they will replace the fridge. Just connect it via USB to an USB Fridge and voila. And the next move from Apple is to target the Shoe Industry. Tied to your feed Ipads perfectly replace Flipflops or Sandals. The new wheel app will transforms your ipad into roller skates for just 2,99 Dollar.

If you grind an Ipad and stuff it into a turkey it even becomes a delicious meal.

Ipads arent just electronic they are here to replace humanity one day.

Around the Network

This is the greatest generation of home consoles yet. Why would they start declining now? All games that sell exceptionally well on consoles either sell terribly or don't exist on tablets, and tablets don't even have the controllers to support them!! They simply have completely different markets.

I guess the only way for them to actually compete would be if they added the possibility of connecting controllers and a TV to the tablet, but that's not gonna happen.

If people wanna play together they don't buy tablets, they buy dedicated gaming consoles. Period.

Rath said:
Tablets (and smart phones) thus far have not shown any indication of being decent as gaming machines. The control schemes are lacking and the libraries are practically non-existant.

The iPad is a good tablet, that doesn't make it a good gaming machine.

This multiplied by a 1000 == to the truth! Well said.

The gaming experiences are just not comparable enough at this point to even start thinking about it, the multiplayer on tablets/phones is just not even close to being there at this stage either.

While tablets may become more integrated into console experiences (Such as Nintendo's Wii U controller), I don't see them replacing pc & consoles anytime soon, and this makes me personally very happy.

He's just trolling ppl! Don't take it serioulsy :)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

archbrix said:
spurgeonryan said:
archbrix said:
Wow, Moreno. I think you are 100% correct. I can't believe this hasn't dawned on everyone by now. I've read similar opinions in the mainstream media and just disregarded them as rubbish, but when you step back, look at the big picture, and actually take the time to read between the lines, you make a lot of sense.

Are you serious? You think that the Wii U is going to bomb and that the 3DS has decent support gamewise (.co) it's first 6-8 months?

Of course I'm serious, Spurge.  Nintendo is finished for one simple reason:  Pachter says so... and he's certainly smarter than anyone in that company.  And the huge number of downloads for the new Angry Birds Space are proof positive that people just don't care about Mario anymore.

Tablets will be the death of home consoles, just like Moreno said.  They do so much more than just games and buttons are overrated.  People don't want to play dedicated game systems anymore just as people don't bother reading OPs in threads anymore before posting.  Moreno is just ahead of his time with his reasoning.  About 5 days ahead...

word ,p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

The materials they use to make the touch screen will run out soon enough, so death of the tablet will come.

Worst case if consoles die, gamers will switch to PC.

1. No matter what the case, games on a tablet will always be limited to the nature of a tablet. The ecosystem for tablets lends itself well towards cheap games that require daily logins for very short periods of time, but that is where it ends; it is a different type of game than what is played on consoles. The people playing Angry Birds are not replacing console gaming with it (most of them are non-gamers and would have never bought a console anyway), that's like saying that a popular beer commercial is an indication that beer commercials will one day replace the film industry.

2. The Wii U isn't being developed to capture the iPad audience. It began development a long time before anyone knew there was an iPad, let alone an iPad audience. Nintendo explained the development logic behind the Wii U last year. This is as ignorant as those articles that claim Wii and DS were created to capture the iPhone market.

3. Consoles will always be tailored towards playing games, and this aspect will always continue to expand. They will always be able to consume more power than a tablet, and will always have far greater accessibility to a much wider variety of games. For example, the most basic and simplest Wii motion games like Wii Sports and Just Dance, will never be possible on an a tablet. Yet they will be possible on all other consoles in the future.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

morenoingrato said:

this thread was only to prove if people actually read the topics, if you are reading this, I didn't mean anything that I wrote here, congrats, you are one of the few people that reads the threads, you should be proud, and with that opportunity to grow considerably,

Okay, my ego grew considerably.

I stopped reading when you said consoles struggle to sale a decent amount. That's when I knew this was a joke thread. Espescially when you made a later post that contridicted some of your posts in the thread.

I think TV based gaming will change dramatically in the coming decade to 15 years. But tablets won't replace TV based gaming. Some evolutionary variant of Onlive will replace the traditional home console, though Onlive itself won't do it, unless it combines the likes of Apple / Android TV, web browsing, Skyping, etc etc.

Tablets are hopeless controllers for games, and a 10" screen can't replace a 55" screen for awesomeness in visuals, and tablet earplugs can't replace a surround sound system for awesomeness in sound. They occupy a completely different gaming niche with very little cross over.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix