By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rant NO2!!! should they be removed??

Should the Video ads be kept or removed??

Remove them 10 58.82%

Keep them 0 0%

Keep them but make it so ... 7 41.18%

Total:17

Edit: :p

Around the Network

Knowing this site's policy, this topic is going to be locked sooner rather than later. The ads are here to stay, and blocking them is actually going to be a bannable offence according to ioi.

How to make your dying forum more popular - Piss everyone off!

I don't believe the site should remove video ads that autoplay, I do agree that video ads that autoplay & play sound should no longer be used.

I also feel those are extremely annoying, and certainly diminish my pleasure of browsing this website and actually stop me from posting on the forum from time to time.

Chrizum said:

Knowing this site's policy, this topic is going to be locked sooner rather than later. The ads are here to stay, and blocking them is actually going to be a bannable offence according to ioi.

Really? Wow. People are for sure going to leave then! Lots of people use these types of programs, not a good move. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this one is locked too.

Around the Network

@Chrizum
Blocking ads is a bannable offence? How could they even tell if someone uses it?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

yeah i am so sick of those stupid videos. vgchartz is slow enough to load as it is and now we have 4 ads playing non stop

homer said:
@Chrizum
Blocking ads is a bannable offence? How could they even tell if someone uses it?

If they admit to it.

As for the topic, the thing the admins need to realise is that banning people and locking threads isn't going to stop people being annoyed about the ads.

isn't there a forum to website discussion. or something. I'd guess it would be less likely to get locked there.

It's all a blur to me though.

As long as they don't autoplay I'm cool with them. Also I don't want them automatically buffering/loading either, because I have a 25gb data limit (shared with 1 other person) on my internet here so I don't want stupid ads using up my very limited data.

Also I hate ads that make sound, I don't want to have to mute my volume to come on a particular site.