By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Depression thread

Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:
When I struggle to get my contacts in. >_>

I just got a new set, it's got a different liquid thingy inside and makes my eyes sting and cry.

-White people problems

How about First World Country Problems? XD Yeah... I just got mine on tuesday of last week. They were fine when I first put them in (Toke FOREVER to get them in though!) and now they are a little stingy, I adapt to it though. 

Around the Network

being utterly alone in this world since i was a kid and completely incapable of connecting with other human beings in any kind of meaningful way...it cheers me up when i remember that you're all assholes anyways

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Johann said:
Mom tried offing heself. Came home early from work and found her. Fun day.

Oh man.... I hope she is ok :/

She's fine. Couldn't leave her alone anymore though. Sent her to live with her family down south. She seems better.

In other news, I'm still in love with my ex from 4 years back. She just showed up out of the fucking blue. Why do people do that? Apparently "Please never contact me ever again" is not a clear enough message. I'm convinced she is the fucking devil. I need to move or something.

Man this feels great. There should be more threads like these.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:

She's fine. Couldn't leave her alone anymore though. Sent her to live with her family down south. She seems better.

In other news, I'm still in love with my ex from 4 years back. She just showed up out of the fucking blue. Why do people do that? Apparently "Please never contact me ever again" is not a clear enough message. I'm convinced she is the fucking devil. I need to move or something.

Man this feels great. There should be more threads like these.

Your avatar is cool! I hope that can make you feel better. ^_^

I do not believe in depression at all.

So much shit I have been through in life that surely made me sade but, I do not remember being in a state of depression ever.

When I was 18 years old I moved to America and left many, many things behind, my mother, my sister, a group of very close friends, a very fun life overall. I traded all that for a supposedly better financial life, which never happened.

When I arrived in America I obviuosly spoke little english and I decided to go back to High School (I had finished it back in Brazil already) because I figured that would be the fastest way to learn english (I was right, within 6 months I was already considered a bilingual by some teachers). I just happened to be sent to a high school where the majority of the students were these kind of high middle class kids, and I just felt like a fish out of water, all throughout my 2 years y in that school. Coming from an environment where I was surrounded by friends, those were very tough years. In the same period I lost my grampa, whom had come to America to visit me and some relatives and ended up dying here. Still, depression could never catch me, and of course, I walked out of that school with my diploma feeling like a winner.

Then a little later on in life I met this women to whom I decied to get married. The biggest shit I put myself through. 6 years of hassles and a lot bad experiences whiled married to this women. I even had a bad knee injury(I was still married) which kept me from playing soccer for 3 long years(the thing I love most in life, even above gaming. lol), I had so much shit going on in my life while with this women, I didn't even have money for a surgery. Then I finally divroced her (no kids with her, thank God). Getting divorced is never easy, because marriage is this thing you invest your life in and when it fails, you're left with this frustration feeling. Again I got over it really fast and moved on without feeling "depressed".

After 12 years in America I am moving back to Brazil in May. America has taught me many, many things but, my financial situation is pretty much the same as it was 12 years ago. I made a lot mistakes(marrying the wrong women was the biggest one of them all) during these 12 years, I missed many opporunities to improve my life. I did feel a little frustrated for a little while but, I now feel as strong as ever and ready to move on. I got married again. This time I chose really well (be picky about your women people).

So, to me being "depressed" is a matter of choice. Pretty much everyone goes through hard times and when they are gone you can choose to become bitter and "depressed" or smarter and strong.

Around the Network

Finding out your friend just died from a drug overdose last night.

Fuck everything.

wfz said:
Finding out your friend just died from a drug overdose last night.

Fuck everything.

Oh my goodness! I hope his family is okay! Are you doing fine? I hope you and the family will be able to get over it. Stay strong WFZ, you'll be able to get over it sometime. :) (I don't know if this was very comforting but it's the best I can give over the internet.)

Life, I feel so emo, but I dont like my life lol

maverick40 said:
HesAPooka said:
menx64 said:

For some reason it seems like I am not able to find a girl to hang out or a anything anymore... Until I was 22 it was always very easy for me to get alone with girls, but now it seems for some reason I am kind of invisible or something. Almost four years of drought now, and not a single cloud on the sky yet...
Most of my friends are either married or too busy working that it feels like I have no old friends anymore, I am not thinking about getting married soon (no girl hence the problem) or getting another job (too lazy) and I dont feel like going out with 18-20 years old fellows nor 35+ fellows either... No friends to go out and no luck with girls... /emo

how old are you now?

Wow that is sad. You need to get some confidence man. It seems that alot of people/nerds on this site have low confidence in themselves and can't get women. Before you can be happy with someone else you need to look in the mirror and ne happy with yourself. 

I know it is a matter of confidence. Somehow I lost confidence after I got rejected by the most amazing woman I have ever met. After that I felt very bad and I promised to stay away from any woman (Pathetic I know). It didnt take long before I tried again but I got rejected again, so I thought obviously I was doing something wrong. I dont have any real female friends (I know some women from work and stuff, but nothing close to a real friend) so I had no real clue on what  was I doing wrong to begin with. So after a few more tries (some were somehow successful some others though...) I realized it had to be me and so my confidence fell down big time. Little by little I feel like I am losing some social skills, for some reason I cannt even keep eye contact with anybody anymore, I feel nervous to talk to people (even when I talk to a bank teller or at the register)... I have a relatively nice job and my economic situation is fine so I guess I am doing some things right but socializing is becoming a major problem for me. 

@hesapooka: 26.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
maverick40 said:
HesAPooka said:
menx64 said:

For some reason it seems like I am not able to find a girl to hang out or a anything anymore... Until I was 22 it was always very easy for me to get alone with girls, but now it seems for some reason I am kind of invisible or something. Almost four years of drought now, and not a single cloud on the sky yet...
Most of my friends are either married or too busy working that it feels like I have no old friends anymore, I am not thinking about getting married soon (no girl hence the problem) or getting another job (too lazy) and I dont feel like going out with 18-20 years old fellows nor 35+ fellows either... No friends to go out and no luck with girls... /emo

how old are you now?

Wow that is sad. You need to get some confidence man. It seems that alot of people/nerds on this site have low confidence in themselves and can't get women. Before you can be happy with someone else you need to look in the mirror and ne happy with yourself. 

I know it is a matter of confidence. Somehow I lost confidence after I got rejected by the most amazing woman I have ever met. After that I felt very bad and I promised to stay away from any woman (Pathetic I know). It didnt take long before I tried again but I got rejected again, so I thought obviously I was doing something wrong. I dont have any real female friends (I know some women from work and stuff, but nothing close to a real friend) so I had no real clue on what  was I doing wrong to begin with. So after a few more tries (some were somehow successful some others though...) I realized it had to be me and so my confidence fell down big time. Little by little I feel like I am losing some social skills, for some reason I cannt even keep eye contact with anybody anymore, I feel nervous to talk to people (even when I talk to a bank teller or at the register)... I have a relatively nice job and my economic situation is fine so I guess I am doing some things right but socializing is becoming a major problem for me. 

@hesapooka: 26.

I feel ya, I have some major confidence issues as well, but for a different reason. I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety, at least in a mild form. It is basically that nervous feeling in your gut before giving a speech for class - except you feel that in a lot more social situations. Sometimes even just hanging out with friends. so gaining confidence is an uphill battle with that sort of state of mind. I try to be confident but there's always this paranoia in the back of my mind terrified of doing/saying something stupid. I struggle with the eye contact thing too, even with my family and close friends.

And obviously chicks generally aren't too into the whole nervous/shy thing. I do have a couple of girls I occasionally hang out with and consider friends, but the idea of a relationship is about as foreign and intimidating to me as skydiving or climbing Everest.

I'm sure rejection is tough to deal with, though I give you props for at least having the courage to ask in the first place. Some people struggle even with that. If you already have courage, I think confidence should naturally follow. I know it's easy for me to sit here and say, but try not to get too down on one rejection,  and realize that it is a very common thing. I'd say if anything, use the rejection as a growing experience, and the fuel to motivate yourself to persevere. As they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!