By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Depression thread

^Shit son, that one is the worst hands down.

On my plate atm, is the fact that I had two girls I was interested in, friendzoned one that actually fancied me and went for the other one, who friendzoned me. So here I am, still single. Also failed to pick up a few hints at work when customers were hitting on me, too shy for the other gender :p

Uni, 6 exams in May and I haven't prepared for any, also my student loan will be ginarmous by the end of my degree, although only 3 years, that's still like 15k that will take me an eternity to pay back.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

I become depressed quite easily and it causes me to lose motivation and confidence (although I try hard not to show it, but some people still see through it).

Luckily my girlfriend is a doctor and going into psychiatry. She's very good at putting things into perspective and saying the right thing. I try not to take advantage of her in this way though.

My problem is that good things don't affect my mood for very long, but bad things affect my mood for days/weeks/months. Bad memory retention is what makes me sad. The thing is, the worst things in my life are so small they would barely register on most people's 'emotional radars', I'm just good at blowing them out of proportion and dwelling on them.

I used to be just like that. At times and with specific things I still am, but ever since I changed countries to start working and living on my own, it got better because I had to plan my own life. So, it does gets better. In my case it was with taking the reigns of my life. You'll find your own way as well. :)

Spedfrom said:
highwaystar101 said:

I become depressed quite easily and it causes me to lose motivation and confidence (although I try hard not to show it, but some people still see through it).

Luckily my girlfriend is a doctor and going into psychiatry. She's very good at putting things into perspective and saying the right thing. I try not to take advantage of her in this way though.

My problem is that good things don't affect my mood for very long, but bad things affect my mood for days/weeks/months. Bad memory retention is what makes me sad. The thing is, the worst things in my life are so small they would barely register on most people's 'emotional radars', I'm just good at blowing them out of proportion and dwelling on them.

I used to be just like that. At times and with specific things I still am, but ever since I changed countries to start working and living on my own, it got better because I had to plan my own life. So, it does gets better. In my case it was with taking the reigns of my life. You'll find your own way as well. :)

Thank you for sharing that, it's nice to know I'm not alone :)

Watching the game industry go to shit each year

I got you all beat.

Dad and mom growing old before I can make them really happy.

Watching my gay friend getting married to a woman two weeks from now is making sick to my stomach.

Islam (religions in general) views on homosexuality and judgement day. Am I going to hell? xD

Expressing my fears on vgchartz to anonymous people instead of non-exisiting real-life friends, I do that a lot...

Around the Network

Thinking about my grandma. She had a stroke in 2003. We took her to the hospital and the doctor sent her back home without even doing anything. We probably could have sued but I thought that was for her children to do and not for me. Anyway, she's the greatest person I knew and probably the biggest influence when it comes to making me who I am. She practically raised me. She was strong and never complained about anything. Near the end, her mouth was so dry and all she wanted was a sip of soda but we weren't allowed to give her anything. Her speech was incoherent but one thing she said as clear as day as she lay in that hospital bed was, "Timmy, why did this happen to me?"

Everything I do is to live up to the standards you set, Grandma. Hope I make you proud.

highwaystar101 said:

All I can say is, you're not alone mate, I suffer from the same "problem", have for most of my life.

Things that also depress me:

The place where I used to work was robbed a few days ago, this isn't the thing that bothers me though, it's how it'll affect the young female employees that were present what's nagging me, apperantly one is having a difficult time dealing with it.

How I've basically squandered my life away for the past 6 years since graduating, looking back there's so many things that I could've done better if only I wasn't so unmotivated and plain lazy.

And well, trying to get into a relationship is also something I'm extremely bad at, I get shy, am poor at showing my emotions, etc...

Johann said:
Mom tried offing heself. Came home early from work and found her. Fun day.

Oh man.... I hope she is ok :/

The short version of HTT-5 + getting somewhat neglected by my parents as a baby and a child.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

d21lewis said:
Thinking about my grandma. She had a stroke in 2003. We took her to the hospital and the doctor sent her back home without even doing anything. We probably could have sued but I thought that was for her children to do and not for me. Anyway, she's the greatest person I knew and probably the biggest influence when it comes to making me who I am. She practically raised me. She was strong and never complained about anything. Near the end, her mouth was so dry and all she wanted was a sip of soda but we weren't allowed to give her anything. Her speech was incoherent but one thing she said as clear as day as she lay in that hospital bed was, "Timmy, why did this happen to me?"

Everything I do is to live up to the standards you set, Grandma. Hope I make you proud.

If you are as good in real life as you are here in the forums, then I am sure she is proud :)