By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Depression thread

I am 26 year old, have 6 weeks off from work, but it just doesn't feel like summer holidays like it used to when I was 16 - 18. Instead my girlfriend talks about marriage and children when I want to go out, get drunk, break into the community swimming pool and spend the night with a couple of friends drinking and swimming (and running once police shows up).

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

A couple of burdens have been bothering me as of late -

- My ever increasing student loans, which I will probably be paying back for the next decade at least

- My ineptitude in getting a girlfirend and the feeling of loneliness that ensues from it, especially when everyone around me seems to get into relationships with ease..

/emo mode

other people complaining about their depressions

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

For some reason it seems like I am not able to find a girl to hang out or a anything anymore... Until I was 22 it was always very easy for me to get alone with girls, but now it seems for some reason I am kind of invisible or something. Almost four years of drought now, and not a single cloud on the sky yet...
Most of my friends are either married or too busy working that it feels like I have no old friends anymore, I am not thinking about getting married soon (no girl hence the problem) or getting another job (too lazy) and I dont feel like going out with 18-20 years old fellows nor 35+ fellows either... No friends to go out and no luck with girls... /emo

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Happiness.

They are essentially the same thing.

Around the Network
menx64 said:

For some reason it seems like I am not able to find a girl to hang out or a anything anymore... Until I was 22 it was always very easy for me to get alone with girls, but now it seems for some reason I am kind of invisible or something. Almost four years of drought now, and not a single cloud on the sky yet...
Most of my friends are either married or too busy working that it feels like I have no old friends anymore, I am not thinking about getting married soon (no girl hence the problem) or getting another job (too lazy) and I dont feel like going out with 18-20 years old fellows nor 35+ fellows either... No friends to go out and no luck with girls... /emo

how old are you now?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Well for me, the most depressing thing is the thought of not getting the job I deserve. I have worked ridiculously hard for the last 7 years of my life. I am currently into my third degree in university. I feel that I will not be rewarded for all the hard work with a job that anyone with no education can do.

HesAPooka said:
menx64 said:

how old are you now?

Wow that is sad. You need to get some confidence man. It seems that alot of people/nerds on this site have low confidence in themselves and can't get women. Before you can be happy with someone else you need to look in the mirror and ne happy with yourself. 

I become depressed quite easily and it causes me to lose motivation and confidence (although I try hard not to show it, but some people still see through it).

Luckily my girlfriend is a doctor and going into psychiatry. She's very good at putting things into perspective and saying the right thing. I try not to take advantage of her in this way though.

My problem is that good things don't affect my mood for very long, but bad things affect my mood for days/weeks/months. Bad memory retention is what makes me sad. The thing is, the worst things in my life are so small they would barely register on most people's 'emotional radars', I'm just good at blowing them out of proportion and dwelling on them.

Mom tried offing heself. Came home early from work and found her. Fun day.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!