By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It’s Mario Time! 5 Reasons Why Google Should Buy Nintendo

Tagged games:

If a company offered enough money would Nintendo sell themselves to them?

They are Priceless 48 29.81%

Yes 11 6.83%

NO 86 53.42%

Realistically? 4 2.48%

Other 3 1.86%

See Resultz 8 4.97%

Total:160
bobgamez said:
that would be a stupid investment that would last for 2 years and wouldn't pay back the 39 billion dollars they just spent.

And it would also be a stupid investment for nintendo, when they are no longer getting 100% profits, instead they get 30% and have to sell their games at 1-10$. Their profits would drop dramatically and their name value would be gone. What logical business man would come up with this s***, there is no positive outlook.

That'r what we all think! Some one should really tell this guy to stfu!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
I wonder if Nintendo ever got offered..

Microsoft tried for 25 billion....

Holy balls lol

Hehe yeah! This was around 98...

Think about how much it would be now!

Haha lulz! they would have to bring quite a lot more to the table now that Nintendo is doing great! I predict that if Nintendo has three terrible generations one after another, they might quit making HD - but never SW, and never selling!

I suppose that makes sense lol

And when I say disastorous I mean worse than the N64 and GC eras... Selling 20m consoles isn't bad, just not excellent :P

DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:

Holy balls lol

Haha lulz! they would have to bring quite a lot more to the table now that Nintendo is doing great! I predict that if Nintendo has three terrible generations one after another, they might quit making HD - but never SW, and never selling!

And when I say disastorous I mean worse than the N64 and GC eras... Selling 20m consoles isn't bad, just not excellent :P

Ya, but I'm confident Nintendo and the others will do fine, just feels like things are in order I guess.

i hate it when some ignorant consumer makes an article about gaming companies... he should just stick to whatever he knows.

the idea of any gaming company selling out like that is just urgh... sorry i cant find a word. he seriously doesnt know anything, if you wanna play mario games you buy a nintendo system, same goes for any other gaming company's proprietary or exclusive IP.

stop trying to shove cellphone and tablet's gaming down our throats!!!!

Now i'm doing a thread, it's all about Yahoo having featured Sony games for sale.

That can never happen...wait.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network

If I'm Nintendo I'd propose a counter offer, take it or leave it.

1.) Nintendo gets a cut of every Android gaming app sold. That means everything. Angry Birds, Farmville ... whatever. If Nintendo is to grow the Android gaming marketplace and drive it to be the no.1 gaming area of choice, then they should ask to get a reasonably sized chunk of that wealth.

2.) Nintendo gets to control the design/specs of every Android gaming device. That means for a Android device to be able to play Nintendo games, Nintendo can mandate that the phone design must have a d-pad + physical buttons + analog stick (like the Xperia Play only not as crappy).

3.) Google is prohibited from any kind of take over attempt or buying of Nintendo shares.

4.) Google is prohibited from making any type of deal (ie: Sony) with any other company regarding gaming.

5.) Nintendo is free to market/sell their own handheld only gaming devices independant of Google as long as they agree not to work with Microsoft or Apple's competing cell phone OS'.

In return for this Nintendo agrees to assist Google in development of a gaming platform on Android phones and agrees to integrate Google services into their consoles as well.

You want Nintendo, Google? Then make them an offer that they can't possibly turn down.

Nintendo already turned down a $25 billion dollar buy out attempt from Microsoft and that was 10+ years ago when their cash pile was maybe 1/3 of what it is today.

I decided to finally read this to see if the article writer was at all reasonable.

"It’s time for the company to change its thinking. There won’t be a Nintendo left in a few years if the company doesn’t figure out a way to get on smartphones and tablets."

WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG.

This won't happen; that's pretty obvious. Nobody will buy Nintendo. Though I admit I am amused by the thought of how everyone would react if these two mammoth companies merged to create a total takeover of digital media.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

One good reason why Google should not buy Nintendo;

They would ruin Nintendo and quite possibly help ruin gaming as we know it.

blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:
DanneSandin said:
blkfish92 said:

Holy balls lol

Ya, but I'm confident Nintendo and the others will do fine, just feels like things are in order I guess.

yeah, i know what you mean... feels good

The premise of the article is already disproven by the 3DS. To purchase Nintendo, it would be a matter of getting people to sell their shares, which would be a problem in itself, as it would be a very very long process. In addition, the stock value would sky rocket if it was shown that Nintendo was going to be purchased. Suffice to say, Google purchasing Nintendo would be impossible.

It would be good for google to own Nintendo, just the same as it would be good for anyone to own Nintendo; but it would not be at all good for Nintendo to be owned by a company like google. Nintendo's philosophy is also clearly the opposite of googles, so I doubt Nintendo would want to work with Google either. However, working with Apple is potential, and has been rumored for over a decade now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.