By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166

I keep getting my ass kicked on Act II: Blood and Sand. What a stupid quest.

We shall not go to Caldeum, tis a silly place.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:

What class are you? Pump Vitality if you think that your char is too fragile and try to get +X to health per kill or per Hit.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
I'm having no trouble with the bosses at all in Normal, some are even too easy for their own good (Act II final boss), when they're supposed to be tough.

Probably that'll change a lot on the higher difficulties.

I've only encountered the SK and I must say I prefer this fight over bosses like Duriel who would rush at you and insta-kill you when you were not ready for it.

Meh, Durial would only insta-kill me if I was sloopy with my preps and even then only at Players 4 or above. Frankly I was much more scared about some mobs (like the Doom Knights pre 1.13c) than bosses on D2

I hated those with a passion. I just started Act II and at level 15 Witch Doctor I'm finding that my beloved Rabid Dogs are pretty much worthless now :(

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
lestatdark said:
TruckOSaurus said:
lestatdark said:
I'm having no trouble with the bosses at all in Normal, some are even too easy for their own good (Act II final boss), when they're supposed to be tough.

Probably that'll change a lot on the higher difficulties.

I've only encountered the SK and I must say I prefer this fight over bosses like Duriel who would rush at you and insta-kill you when you were not ready for it.

Meh, Durial would only insta-kill me if I was sloopy with my preps and even then only at Players 4 or above. Frankly I was much more scared about some mobs (like the Doom Knights pre 1.13c) than bosses on D2

I hated those with a passion. I just started Act II and at level 15 Witch Doctor I'm finding that my beloved Rabid Dogs are pretty much worthless now :(

I always used the dogs. They deal little to no damage, but they're only there to draw fire away from you on mobs, since you have no crowd control as a WD. Also, your Gargantuan will be the main minion, once you unlock it, so don't worry too much.

There's an amazing rune for the dogs also, Life Link, in which they absorb 10% of the damage dealt to you, so that basically means a 10% Damage Reduction and you just can't have enough of that.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The succubus curse kinda sucks, you can kill yourself pretty quickly with high damage output. And some of the enemies' AoE spells and abilities cause some real damage and can be a bitch when paired with jailers.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
The succubus curse kinda sucks, you can kill yourself pretty quickly with high damage output. And some of the enemies' AoE spells and abilities cause some real damage and can be a bitch when paired with jailers.

You're already at Act III Nightmare? Damn you move fast xD.

I just started Act I Nightmare. Diablo was a bit of a challenge for my WD, mostly because he seems to aggro on my position and forgets all about my minions (plus he can't be slowed, which makes half of my skill set useless against him :P). Nothing major though, managed to beat him and used only two potions. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

I just started Act I Nightmare. Diablo was a bit of a challenge for my WD, mostly because he seems to aggro on my position and forgets all about my minions (plus he can't be slowed, which makes half of my skill set useless against him :P). Nothing major though, managed to beat him and used only two potions. 

No, only played through Act III on normal! Diablo was pretty easy as a Demon Hunter, I just vault around, deploy sentry, use the volley skill for heavy damage and pepper the poor bastard with Rapid Fire. He has a lot of hit points though, took a lot longer to kill than anything else in the game.

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

No, only played through Act III on normal! Diablo was pretty easy as a Demon Hunter, I just vault around, deploy sentry, use the volley skill for heavy damage and pepper the poor bastard with Rapid Fire. He has a lot of hit points though, took a lot longer to kill than anything else in the game.

Do you use any of the +% movement speed Passives? One thing that sucks as a WD is that you don't have enough speed to run away from most of Diablo's attacks, especially if you move too late. I hope to find a pair of good boots that will have +Int and +% movement on Nightmare before tackling him again xD.

Also, it seems that Demon Hunter is being considered the Boss Killer class. A lot of people in General Chat ask around for DHs to do bosses. I had to help around a couple of friends that are WDs to beat Azmodan and Diablo, because they weren't able to do it solo. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Snesboy said:

What class are you? Pump Vitality if you think that your char is too fragile and try to get +X to health per kill or per Hit.

Demon Hunter.

Snesboy said:
lestatdark said:
Snesboy said:

Demon Hunter.

Well then, I believe Mummelman could give better tips on how to tackle that quest as a Demon Hunter. I'm still going to try Demon Hunter later today, but i'll be nowhere near that quest. My tip is a generalistic one that helps out most characters, since people usually forget to pump vitality for survivability. 

Current PC Build