By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Live And Let Die Review

amp316 said:

J.W. Pepper is funny.  I was just explaining him the best that I could and he is a stereotype.  :p 

I think that maybe the reason that the plot bothered me is because I read the book which is one of Fleming's better ones.  The movie doesn't follow the story hardly at all and maybe that's what upset me. 

Ian Fleming died before Moore became Bond, but when he was asked who he thought should play Bond, he said David Niven (this was back in the 50's).  He also wasn't pleased with the choice of Connery, but changed his mind after viewing Dr. No.

I can understand your point of view if you've read the book and there's significant differences. I really hate it when movies stray to far from the source material (I'm looking at you Lost World: Jurassic Park). I have yet to read any Bond book maybe I should look into that when I'm done reading the Millenium books.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

J.W. Pepper is funny.  I was just explaining him the best that I could and he is a stereotype.  :p 

I think that maybe the reason that the plot bothered me is because I read the book which is one of Fleming's better ones.  The movie doesn't follow the story hardly at all and maybe that's what upset me. 

Ian Fleming died before Moore became Bond, but when he was asked who he thought should play Bond, he said David Niven (this was back in the 50's).  He also wasn't pleased with the choice of Connery, but changed his mind after viewing Dr. No.

I can understand your point of view if you've read the book and there's significant differences. I really hate it when movies stray to far from the source material (I'm looking at you Lost World: Jurassic Park). I have yet to read any Bond book maybe I should look into that when I'm done reading the Millenium books.

As the series went on, they used liitle to no things from the books.  The Moonraker movie for example, has nothing in common with the Ian Fleming novel except that the main villain had the same name.  If you like Bond, I'd suggest giving the books a try.  I think that Fleming is an excellent writer.

The lack of responses in this thread are disturbing.  Maybe my review series will soon die.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

As the series went on, they used liitle to no things from the books.  The Moonraker movie for example, has nothing in common with the Ian Fleming novel except that the main villain had the same name.  If you like Bond, I'd suggest giving the books a try.  I think that Fleming is an excellent writer.

The lack of responses in this thread are disturbing.  Maybe my review series will soon die.

Please don't get discouraged. I love your reviews but this can be a pretty slow-moving forums at times.

MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

Please don't get discouraged. I love your reviews but this can be a pretty slow-moving forums at times.

I know Monty.  It just gets frustrating because I could easily write a thread that would get 100 responses, but I don't feel like writng that sort of crap.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

I know Monty.  It just gets frustrating because I could easily write a thread that would get 100 responses, but I don't feel like writng that sort of crap.

Make your next review about how James Bond buys an iPad because it's the future of gaming and include how consoles are doomed to extinction. It should prove to be quite a popular thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Sorry again for posting here. Is anyone else not able to scroll down to the bottom of the page? Anyways, these are also older movies Amp. Go through the users here. Ninpie is 13! Some new user named BHR-3 is 11! Anyone below the age of 25 is going to have a hard time remembering or caring about old movies even from the 70's and 80's. Get to Octopussy and see how it goes.

I would agree with you about the movies being old, but the 60's movies got more responses, Spurge.

MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

Make your next review about how James Bond buys an iPad because it's the future of gaming and include how consoles are doomed to extinction. It should prove to be quite a popular thread.

No, I think that I'd rather write it about he did a speed run of Mass Effect 3 and didn't care for the ending.

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

Noooooooooooooooo! That will make it one less thread I care about per week. That's a big percentage drop!

Signature goes here!

*takes deep breath*

Sorry about complaining my loyal followers. I will stick with it.

This movie is a cartoon compared to the book. The Baron Samedi thing makes no sense. They completely change Mr. Big, and the way the main villain blows up is ridiculous.

At least Paul McCartney's song is a classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.