By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS vs. Playstation Vita Comparison (And the Winner Is.....)

So what do you think?

You got it right. Good job! 154 43.14%

You blew it! Vita is the best!! 57 15.97%

I see where you're comin... 18 5.04%

Just what I expected from a fanboy! 27 7.56%

See results 97 27.17%

Total:353

But we all know who the real winner is: ME!! I get to play everything!

Around the Network

Not a surprise there.

So wait, the 3DS only wins because of games...and its been out for a year. Wonder how long it can really hold that lead. Personally I see more future potential in the Vita, but I can't say it should win right now. So enjoy the conclusion you people.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

In short similar to the PSP Vs DS

On paper how can the PSP lose but when you pick both up and play the DS has it.

PSP was capable of a lot more but wasn't remarkable at any of them where as what the DS could do it was fantastic at most of them, in particular gameplay.

reminds me of the 2000 USA presidential election

edit: re-reading your final verdict and reasons behind it have contradicted your entire point and renders this is ENTIRE comparison utterly useless.

TLDR:

yeah the Vita is better in almsot every way bar the 3ds having better game library which I will admit is ONLY becasue it was out a year ahead (which makes no sense becasue it's something the Vita can't help but whatever) but I'm giving it to 3ds anyway becasue it was out longer

Around the Network

Great thread. One of the best I've read. I agree with everything. And while most people say Vita is way more powerful than the 3DS, I think this is the closest tech battle Nintendo ever faced in the handheld market (GB/Game Gear, DS/PSP)

Vita looks like a wonderful machine. It corrects so many of the flaws PSP had - the most important is being able to offer something different than a console experience. My only fear is Vita losing japanese support like crazy, since it's failing at establishing a healthy user base there. And not having something like Capcom, Square or level 5 onboard is suicidal to me - if you're not Nintendo, especially.

Vita wins 3/5 Rounds and a tie. 3DS wins 1/5, and a tie.

I don't get your reviewing process.

Wagram said:
Vita wins 3/5 Rounds and a tie. 3DS wins 1/5, and a tie.

I don't get your reviewing process.

read my post, what an utterly pointless comparison OP totally wasted his and every else's time

.... I want my money back...

4 ≈ One

spurgeonryan said:
You sly fox! I have re-read your Title of this thread at least a dozen times. Then when you put that "and the winner is" into the end I was hooked. I just had to come in here and see what all the commotion was for myself. I agree with what (god what is that name!) llewdebkram had to say on the matter. Having played the Vita for about an hour (some non Nintendo game called Uncharted something) I must say that it does have potential. Will they be able to use it? The back button feely thing was interesting, and I liked the size. Graphics did not look much better than what I say in MGS 3D or Revelations. I will just wait for the 3DS to get bigger.

What is with all this graphics talk I've seen lately? Sure the 3DS can put out some good graphics, but not to what the Vita can do, and I'm not just talking about just at a glance. Vita can put out more textures, polygons, and AI. Its able to do more than just the slight graphical improvement over the 3DS. RE: Revelations looks great, but it can't handle that much all at once. I've noticed outside of the nice looking character models the background is bland and the textures rather flat. I mean, I've noticed Uncharted Golden Abyss limiting the combat to smaller waves of guys, something that wasn't noticible in the console games. I don't know if it is just because Bend made the game,(they didn't do as good of a job as NaughtyDog) or if its because the Vita couldn't handle more enemies at once while having such complex evironments. Anyway, it would be hard for the 3DS to produce a graphically intense game without cutting back on other aspects.

(Don't take this as talk that the 3DS can't have good games, it does, if you take it that way you must care more about graphics then you are letting others to think)

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(