By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS vs. Playstation Vita Comparison (And the Winner Is.....)

So what do you think?

You got it right. Good job! 154 43.14%

You blew it! Vita is the best!! 57 15.97%

I see where you're comin... 18 5.04%

Just what I expected from a fanboy! 27 7.56%

See results 97 27.17%

Total:353

Poll spoiled it for me before I could read the update. Darn you.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

Around the Network

I don't know what all of you are fussing about, it's D21's opinion. That's all you have to take it as.

Okay, the Vita won because it won the most categories. Are you all happy now?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

I agree about the outcome, it's obvious it isn't necessarily the definitive one, but it's the only possible one until PSV games library becomes bigger and comparable with 3DS' one as order of magnitude.
And I actually predicted the result and its reason: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4481991

About people complaining: first, according to d21 statements, the result is, obviously, regarding the current situation, second, about the sum of victories in categories, the winner was obviously determined through a weighted average, with games library having obviously a higher weight, and it must also be taken into consideration that in the features category also the loser, 3DS, offers more than enough, and the price factor, considered in the miscellaneous category, is not a trivial one. So live with it, I really enjoyed d21's review and I consider it better than what I could find on many gaming magazines.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Yeah your crown, but wait! Here is my crown!

I really want buy a Vita, but I still don't want spend my money only for a gaming system that doesn't had much games. Maybe next year I will buy a Vita. But now? I really enjoy with my 3DS.
And I Agree about Kid Icarus,and i a little ashamed when the package is coming into my desk and opened it in front of my employe! But who cares?! This is my life, and I used my own money to buy this game.

Vita does not have the countless design flaws that the 3DS does but, we are talking about dedicated gaming devices, and the 3DS has the better games.

Good overall comparison and I agree the device with the best games currently should win out, but I did have one issue.

I did not agree with your "Tie" at all. Only reason it ended that way is because you allowed a peripheral to be added into the mix. With that it should only be fair that in the games category the Vita gets all the PSN and PSP titles as well as PS1 games through remote play.

With Vita and the "Games" category why could a PS3 not be the "Great Equalizer" too? Although I am pretty sure that even if you do not use PS3 remote play,  when factoring in PSN and PSP titles the Vita still has more games currently that may suit your fancy.

We need LIST WARS!

Plus you need to get WiFi setup on your Vita at work, that way you can access all your PS1 titles you have downloaded. I do it at work when I want to watch my movies and shows that are on my PS3. Do it right and memory isn't much of an issue on the Vita, even with my 8GB card.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Kid Icarus Awwww YEAAH

So the moral of the thread is a one year old system has a better library than a 3 month old system.

Can't say I disagree.