By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS vs. Playstation Vita Comparison (And the Winner Is.....)

So what do you think?

You got it right. Good job! 154 43.14%

You blew it! Vita is the best!! 57 15.97%

I see where you're comin... 18 5.04%

Just what I expected from a fanboy! 27 7.56%

See results 97 27.17%

Total:353
logic56 said:

reminds me of the 2000 USA presidential election

edit: re-reading your final verdict and reasons behind it have contradicted your entire point and renders this is ENTIRE comparison utterly useless.

TLDR:

yeah the Vita is better in almsot every way bar the 3ds having better game library which I will admit is ONLY becasue it was out a year ahead (which makes no sense becasue it's something the Vita can't help but whatever) but I'm giving it to 3ds anyway becasue it was out longer

What a terrible logic. It has more games NOW, period. This is not a comparison for the future, and even if it was, most  predictions would agree that 3DS game superiority will continue, if not grow wide (especially japan)

Using this line of thinking, 3DS is less powerful ONLY because it was released before, so that shouln't count too.

*ps. you have a serious problem with because!

Around the Network

A very nice comparison between the two. In the end, it all matters what the consumer likes. It really shouldn't matter how powerful the system is since each can provide amazing games. Each system have their own ups and downs. All in all, buy what you like and happy gaming!

Winner: Consumer

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

VicViper said:
logic56 said:

edit: re-reading your final verdict and reasons behind it have contradicted your entire point and renders this is ENTIRE comparison utterly useless.

TLDR:

yeah the Vita is better in almsot every way bar the 3ds having better game library which I will admit is ONLY becasue it was out a year ahead (which makes no sense becasue it's something the Vita can't help but whatever) but I'm giving it to 3ds anyway becasue it was out longer

What a terrible logic. It has more games NOW, period. This is not a comparison for the future, and even if it was, most  predictions would agree that 3DS game superiority will continue, if not grow wide (especially japan)

Using this line of thinking, 3DS is less powerful ONLY because it was released before, so that shouln't count to

really??

you think it makes sense to create a LENGTHY OP comparing two products when the ONLY deciding factor is because the 3ds was out longer

here let me do this thread:

comparison of the Vita and 3DS: 3DS wins because it was it was out longer

you see, you see how easy that was, wasted no ones time and spared writing a bunch of stuff only to render it all bullshit later

lol at terrible logic that made me chuckle

Making this comparisions in rounds and declaring winners in each one is kind of pointless at the end here. But i see that many of this victories werent that big between both consoles and i suppose you take thant into account while making your decision.
About power, its obvious the vita is better hardware,but it hasnt really shown really impressive difference compared to what the 3ds have shown, and apparently it has its limitations too (UC little waves of enemies, static backgrounds in UMvC3, wipeout in 30 fps [´not sure if fixed this in the final version], Mortal Kombat textures), tough there is the possibility of just plain laziness from devs. The gap now is smaller and not as noticeableas it was with the psp and ds. I expect more complex games as time goes by, but not for a long time until the vita has stablished itself.

logic56 said:
VicViper said:
logic56 said:

TLDR:

Using this line of thinking, 3DS is less powerful ONLY because it was released before, so that shouln't count to

really??

you think it makes sense to create a LENGTHY OP comparing two products when the ONLY deciding factor is because the 3ds was out longer

you see, you see how easy that was, wasted no ones time and spared writing a bunch of stuff only to render it all bullshit later

I'm just one random guy on the internet.  It doesn't really matter which one I chose, does it?  When this thread was created, I asked people for input.  I barely got any response.  What's done is done. 

Anyway, the purpose of this thread wan't just a winner or a loser.  The purpose was to compare the consoles based on many variables.  To educate, more or less.  If you liked the comparison but hated the final result, does everything else suddenly become moot?  You're not one of those guys that just cares about the final score in a review, are you?  The comparisons written before the end is what I thought was important.  As a piece of hardware, the Vita thoroughly trounces the 3DS--but we are gamers.  Games won.  I regret nothing.

Around the Network
logic56 said:
VicViper said:
logic56 said:

TLDR:

really??

Games is the most important category when comparing any consoles. If you lose this category you lose the competition by default, simple as that. But his insights about the other features of the consoles were interesting to read, therefore this thread was great, like I said, one of the best I've seen in any forum.

Anyway, good for you to ignore everything else I said.Especially about the part that 1 year from now the difference in games will probably be even wider - in japan that's not even problable anymore, it's certain. Vita's greatest exclusive game (super robot taisen) doesn't have a screenshot yet.

Btw, I chuckled when I read you nickname!

I really don't like how at the end you threw out the majority of your points and went with the 3DS anyway. It's fine to say YOU prefer it but to say it's better just because is wrong. You should be ok with admitting a system is better even if you prefer a different one. (not saying 3DS sucks, just that up until the end this article heavily supported the Vita)

I would still consider p4 golden, the best exclsuive of vita right now.

d21lewis said:
logic56 said:
VicViper said:
logic56 said:

TLDR:

really??

I'm just one random guy on the internet.  It doesn't really matter which one I chose, does it?  When this thread was created, I asked people for input.  I barely got any response.  What's done is done. 

Anyway, the purpose of this thread wan't just a winner or a loser.  The purpose was to compare the consoles based on many variables.  To educate, more or less.  If you liked the comparison but hated the final result, does everything else suddenly become moot?  You're not one of those guys that just cares about the final score in a review, are you?  The comparisons written before the end is what I thought was important.  As a piece of hardware, the Vita thoroughly trounces the 3DS--but we are gamers.  Games won.  I regret nothing.

pretty much, as that is the basis of a comparison for winner, now if you said here's my thoughts on the many ups and downs of the systems YOU decide who you think is the winner, the case would be very different, people could draw their own conclusions without rendering the entire comparison worthless in the end

and I hate it when reviews do stupid shit like that, yeah the game is great, almost everything is amazing but here's this mediocre score for a absolutely pointless reason, my ideal world is just the review, no score no winner no loser, but if you must the comparison must be fair if not there is no point like the HRT team in this years Formula 1 World Championship

I like the 3DS much better because it just has better games to me, plain and simple. I would trade the 3D effect for a screen the size and resolution of the Vita's in a heartbeat though, but the 3DS graphics themselves are fine (just wish the screen was bigger) and it's the games that matter.

I'm a big Uncharted fan, but when playing Golden Abyss I just kept longing to play the PS3 games instead the whole time. Of course that could just be due to the fact that I just didn't care as much for that particular game, but there's nothing even announced so far for Vita that remotely interests me except for Bioshock, which will have to be much better than Golden Abyss to make me look twice.

And I definitely prefer the 3DS slide pad to the Vita's analogue sticks/nubs, though I do wish it had two.