By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Hunger Games Early Reviews Are In: So What Are the Critics Saying So Far?

Boutros said:
Chris Hu said:
Most R rated books get turned into PG-13 movies. I think "The Hangover Part II" is the only R rated movie in the world wide 100 highest grossing movies of all time. If you want your movie to gross over $500 million world wide PG-13 or lower is still the safest bet.

Is The Hunger Games really rated R as a book?

I haven't read the book but the opening post states "a film accurately depicting the events of the book would certainly carry an R.".  Also their are only two R rated books that I have read and completed that have been turned into PG-13 movies "All Quiet on the Western Front" in 1930 and 1979 and "Jurrasic Park" in 1993 but I don't read much and with a little more research I could site many more examples.

Around the Network

I loved the books and I can't wait to see the movie. I already have my opening night tickets.

kain_kusanagi said:
I loved the books and I can't wait to see the movie. I already have my opening night tickets.

Where did you get them from? Fandango?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Now 100%/8.4 with 14 reviews!

pezus said:

Did someone say that this was the first movie to ever do something like this? I hardly know any of the actors, except for one of the teenage looking boys. I think he was in some Disney movie or the Island movie with the Rock.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Did someone say that this was the first movie to ever do something like this? I hardly know any of the actors, except for one of the teenage looking boys. I think he was in some Disney movie or the Island movie with the Rock.

First movie ever to have such a high rating? No, many films have begun with a rating like this or higher and then dropped.

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

First movie ever to have such a high rating? No, many films have begun with a rating like this or higher and then dropped.

Well...Rag City Bit**!

You know what I am talking about pezus!

We will see where it goes from here, Critics never can agree on anything though, and there is bound to be one that gives it a D because it did not put out an oscar caliber performance.

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Well...Rag City Bit**!

You know what I am talking about pezus!

We will see where it goes from here, Critics never can agree on anything though, and there is bound to be one that gives it a D because it did not put out an oscar caliber performance.

Yes.

Man...so excited....I haven't been sleeping very well the last couple of days XD

I just keep on thinking at particular scenes from the book that I'm excited to see in the movie. I haven't seen the trailer (it's been so haaard!!). But I know who the actors for Katniss, Peeta and Gale are. The rest will be a surprise!

spurgeonryan said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Where did you get them from? Fandango?

My local theater presold the midnight show. It's pretty nice mom and pop cinema not affiliated with any chain of theaters. I bought my Hunger Games opening midnight show tickets the day they went on sale so now I just have to make sure to get to the theater early enough to get prime seats.