By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy @#$%: SEGA is teasing Skies of Arcadia and Shenmu HD to be the next DC HD titles

and i don't think some people can buy yakuza for their xbox as example!

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
hatmoza said:
Why go back and play the dated shenmue when the awesome spiritual successor Yakuzas are superior in every aspect?

Skies of Arcadia on the other hand ... I have no idea what the game is about but boy do Sega fans love to dwell on it. I'm interested in it.

Yakuza superior?

Both Shenmue 1 & 2 raped Yakuza 1,2 & 3 overall when it came to review scores.

Just because there are similarities, it does not mean that everyone is going to automatically like Yakuza.

I had more emotions/feelings for Ryo & Nazomi ALONE than i had for every Yakuza character put together.

Yu Suzuki's Shenmue has been called a masterpiece countless times by countless gaming media giants.

Yakuza on the other hand............. just another game.

Interesting comment, I decided to look it up and see if it was true.

Overall scores according to metacritic:

Shenmue: 88 
Shenmue II: 80

Yakuza: 75
Yakuza 2: 77
Yakuza 3: 79

Seems pretty close to me, I think both of you are overestimating your series of choice.

Aj_habfan said:
Ronster316 said:
hatmoza said:
Why go back and play the dated shenmue when the awesome spiritual successor Yakuzas are superior in every aspect?

Skies of Arcadia on the other hand ... I have no idea what the game is about but boy do Sega fans love to dwell on it. I'm interested in it.

Yakuza superior?

Just because there are similarities, it does not mean that everyone is going to automatically like Yakuza.

I had more emotions/feelings for Ryo & Nazomi ALONE than i had for every Yakuza character put together.

Yu Suzuki's Shenmue has been called a masterpiece countless times by countless gaming media giants.

Seems pretty close to me, I think both of you are overestimating your series of choice.

A lot of Shenmues higher scores have been pulled from metacritic. for example IGN's score.....  http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164499p1.html 

Also Shenmue 2's scores have taken a hit (and theres only the XBOX version on meta)........... check the USER scores for Shenmue and see for yourself how many people LOVED that game.......... http://www.metacritic.com/game/dreamcast/shenmue

Yakuza is not in Shenmue's league, bottom line___________________

Ronster316 said:
Aj_habfan said:
Ronster316 said:
hatmoza said:

Yakuza superior?

A lot of Shenmues higher scores have been pulled from metacritic. for example IGN's score.....  http://uk.dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164499p1.html 

Also Shenmue 2's scores have taken a hit (and theres only the XBOX version on meta)........... check the USER scores for Shenmue and see for yourself how many people LOVED that game.......... http://www.metacritic.com/game/dreamcast/shenmue

Yakuza is not in Shenmue's league, bottom line___________________

Ya that is true, only in cost of the project! :P

@ Acevil

Shenmue was a bargain in hindsight........... everyone originally thought it cost $70,000,000, but in actual fact Yu Suzuki said last year that it actually only cost $47,000,000, see? there's a WHOPPING $23,000,000 saving right there lol.

Around the Network

I never realized that skies of arcadia actually was on the dreamcast. I just remember seeing it on the gcn.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Hopefully Sega will bring this service to the Wii HD next year.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

homer said:
I never realized that skies of arcadia actually was on the dreamcast. I just remember seeing it on the gcn.

I'm sure theres a lot of gamers out there who were unaware that Skies of Arcadia is actually Sega's IP........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overworks

A lot of people overlooked a truly exceptional console, one that a lot of people happened to think was ahead of it's time. (or they were bamboozled by the advertising muscle of that "other" firm)

The wind was knocked out of the Dreamcasts sails the day sony announced the ps2 LONG before it actually came out. (sure, the writing was on the wall anyway, but they were kicked even harder when they were down)

Still sickens me to this day that gamers did not support a legendary gaming company like Sega. (but happily supported a corporation who at one point actually looked down upon gaming).

Sad state of affairs indeed.

don't know if you can trust them but they say shenmue hd is finished for over a year now?

An HD port of Shenmue is indeed heading to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network , and development on the title has been “finished for well over a year”, according to an industry source speaking to GamerZines.

Our source, who wishes to remain anonymous but does have ties to SEGA, told us that “Shenmue HD is real [and has been] finished for well over a year.

“As is Shenmue II HD”.

So, if true, why has SEGA held off on releasing them?

According to our insider, SEGA chose to sit on their release until it had a clearer picture of the future for the Shenmue franchise, namely, whether or not Shenmue III would ever see the light of day.

SEGA teased earlier this week that it “may be working on” an HD port of Shenmue.

An XBLA release has been rumoured since April 2010 when the game allegedly turned up on a secret developer test network.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/shenmue-xbla-hd-real-finished.html

Mr Puggsly said:
fillet said:
Who cares about Skies Of Arcadia, a better version is available on the Gamecube. The "HD" version we will receive will be a crappy upscaled DC port. Better than nothing but worse than the Gamecube one.

Maybe or... maybe NOT!

The HD port of Sonic Adventure was the Gamecube version.