By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Wii U won’t be “as popular as probably Nintendo thinks”

archbrix said:
dr3b said:
I wish Michael Pachter would Dreamcast himself....

Beautiful.  I wish he'd 32x himself, personally...

That is going a little Virtual Boy on him...

Around the Network

we should open a pachter prediction thread! there we can write our predictions about pachters monthly (or whatever) next crazy ideas!

i believe this thread would be funny^^

Common Knowledge: Pachter is a brainless monkey who has no idea what he is talking about; and this has resulted in an extremely poor track record for predictions. Including a precisely 0% track record on predicting success of Nintendo consoles - he has never predicted anything positive about Nintendo before.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

And just how popular does Nintendo think the WiiU will be? I don't think anyone truly knows. If his statement were; "I don't think the WiiU will do anywhere near as well as the Wii", I could actually support it.

sethnintendo said:
archbrix said:
dr3b said:
I wish Michael Pachter would Dreamcast himself....

Beautiful.  I wish he'd 32x himself, personally...

That is going a little Virtual Boy on him...

Hilarious guys loll!! :D

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:
1. nintendo isn't a media darling anymore. they have a bit of an uphill battle because they've lost all that free advertising the news used to do for them (and currently does for apple).

2. IF it really does come in (techincally) as just a bit above and xbox then i agree. i'm still waiting to see the real stats on this though. it's got to be able to do more than just get the third-party games already on ps360 or it is waaaaay too late to the party.

Mainstream media darling i wouldn't suppose, but the mainstream media is fickle, and Nintendo can easily at least make a fight of it with the right kind of software. You do have to emphasize mainstream there, however. Nintendo hasn't been gaming media darling since 1991, and has not had fair coverage at all since like 2003.

i guess i didnt think it needed to be stated explicitly but yeah, that is what i meant.  true nintendo could regain it but the 3DS launch had not mainstream fanfare around it.  not like nintendo used to have.  not like apple has with every stupidedly minor detail of anything they do.  but you're absolutely right, the main stream is fickel. 

that's exactly why i could see the wiiU being a collasal failure.  when you target the mainstream exclusively and ignore the base as nintendo did this last gen, then you have a huge risk/reward factor about whether or not you actually hit with the mainstream.  I'm really curious to see which side of the coin nintendo lands on with this. 

It'll be easy to tell what side they will land on based on what games they reveal this E3. Not too much divination that will need to be used there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Jumpin said:
Common Knowledge: Pachter is a brainless monkey who has no idea what he is talking about; and this has resulted in an extremely poor track record for predictions. Including a precisely 0% track record on predicting success of Nintendo consoles - he has never predicted anything positive about Nintendo before.

He actually thought that 3DS would sell well with a $300 price tag, so that'd actually be a positive prediction.

It seems like he's trying to get his revenge on that massive failure now though by predicting nothing but poor sales regarding Nintendo :D

I could care less what Pachter says... He never has anything positive to say about Nintendo

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

and I think that people are probably wondering why Patcher is as popular as he is...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

This guy is such a clown, did Miyamoto eat one of his children or something?

Gaming Away Life Since 1985