By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

He's fine to think that way as long as all homosexual's have the same legal rights as straight married couples. That's what it boils down to me. I don't want to challenge anyone's right to practice their religion as long as they don't take it to a physical level.

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
show me scientific evidence that one is born "homosexual"... I so far have seen none. I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster but I also don't believe science has proven one is born "homosexual".

Show me scientific evidence that one is born "straight". So far I have seen none.

People don't choose to be gay... Because y'know we all enjoy being discriminated, abused, treated poorly and considered lower class.
Plus "coming out" can be one of the hardest things any homosexual person has to do, that's when they have to put up with all the discrimination and abuse for the rest of their lives; and the fact they can loose friends and family ties instantly.

It's not up to the religious to determine if Homosexuality is right or wrong, your God will make that judgement once we get to the end of the yellow brick road.
Aren't most religions supposed to be about love and fairness? They have done a great job showing that, with the whole women must serve men, gays and lesbians should die... The mass killings in the dark ages. That sort of thing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

bouzane said:
BluGamer23 said:
He wouldnt be the pope if he didnt do his job correctly!.. and this is not only his own view

it is what it is.. and forever will be that way with Catholicism.

Marriage is for a Man and a Woman

Marriage is not a religious institution, it was merely a way to guarantee exclusive sexual access to a woman. Women were treated as property and marrying off a daughter was like trading cattle. There is nothing sacred in the institution of marriage, nothing. Additionally, Jesus has never spoken out against homosexuality and he never condoned any form of discrimination. Opposing gay marriage is morally reprehensible and there is no legitimate argument to be made against it. Furthermore, Popes from the past have done little other than incite wars and crusades, oppose scientific advancement, allow slavery and discrimination (both sexual and racial), condone horrific torture and above all else, ignore the teachings of Christ. They are not Christian, they are deceivers and if you believe in Hell then they are the path to eternal damnation.

wow you are very high-strung with your opinion on Catholicism.. you must of just read about the bad stuff Catholics has done for humanity..  and nothing more... its like Catholicism has done nothing but bad stuff..  lol

Here is one example what Jesus said: 

Matthew 19:4-6

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

now that you have read that.. and you know what he said... your choice to believe his words or your own opinion.

I wont fight with you about it.. your entitled to you're opinon and have free will.

BluGamer23 said:
bouzane said:
BluGamer23 said:
He wouldnt be the pope if he didnt do his job correctly!.. and this is not only his own view

it is what it is.. and forever will be that way with Catholicism.

Marriage is for a Man and a Woman

Marriage is not a religious institution, it was merely a way to guarantee exclusive sexual access to a woman. Women were treated as property and marrying off a daughter was like trading cattle. There is nothing sacred in the institution of marriage, nothing. Additionally, Jesus has never spoken out against homosexuality and he never condoned any form of discrimination. Opposing gay marriage is morally reprehensible and there is no legitimate argument to be made against it. Furthermore, Popes from the past have done little other than incite wars and crusades, oppose scientific advancement, allow slavery and discrimination (both sexual and racial), condone horrific torture and above all else, ignore the teachings of Christ. They are not Christian, they are deceivers and if you believe in Hell then they are the path to eternal damnation.

wow you are very high-strung with your opinion on Catholicism.. you must of just read about the bad stuff Catholics has done for humanity..  and nothing more... its like Catholicism has done nothing but bad stuff..  lol

Here is one example what Jesus said:

Matthew 19:4-6

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

now that you have read that.. and you know what he said... your choice to believe his words or your own opinion.

I wont fight with you about it.. your entitled to you're opinon and have free will.

"There is NOTHING from without a man, that entering into him can defile him"

Those are the words of Jesus Christ, from Mark 7.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

kowenicki said:
Whats unusual about that...? quite a few other out of touch and very elderly people in the home for the bewildered down the road from me think the same... so long as they take their meds they are fine. I assume he is taking his?

He is irrelevant, his church is irrelevant... actually, thinking about it.... HIS church is dangerous

Yup they are irrelevant...thats why he and his church have 2.2 billion followers. Its not that much, just 1/3 of world population...

Around the Network

Gay people are real. God is pretend. People need their pretend god because they are afraid of dying. They want to pretend they are going to live forever. (I feel sorry for them.) Catholic Churches are closing right and left because they can't afford to stay open, and this is due to memberships being so low. It's real simple: the Catholics either re-create their god to include gays or face an already long-overdue extinction.

We ALL wanted it, now we ALL are finally going to get SHENMUE III !!! Let us REJOICE IN THE STREETS!!!

Porcupine_I said:

HAHAHA way to go to take his words out of context.. this is what troubles Aethiest and Christians pick and choose a verse and turn it into something that suits....

in this case his talking about food.. and not about a penis.. get your mind out of the gutter!

MARK 7
18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

BluGamer23 said:
Porcupine_I said:

HAHAHA way to go to take his words out of context.. this is what troubles Aethiest and Christians pick and choose a verse and turn it into something that suits....

in this case his talking about food.. and not about a penis.. get your mind out of the gutter!

MARK 7
18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

i like how you call me out for using bible quotes out of context when you use the one where they ask jesus about divorce and turn it into the subjet of homosexuality.

but you are right, and that is the problem with the bible as with any kind of text. everyone is free to interpret it the way they want, which makes it both dangerous and irrelevant.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

kowenicki said:
Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:
Whats unusual about that...? quite a few other out of touch and very elderly people in the home for the bewildered down the road from me think the same... so long as they take their meds they are fine. I assume he is taking his?

He is irrelevant, his church is irrelevant... actually, thinking about it.... HIS church is dangerous

Yup they are irrelevant...thats why he and his church have 2.2 billion followers. Its not that much, just 1/3 of world population...

he is actually even more than irrelevant to me...

I seriously doubt that all of the 1.5bn or so roman catholic followers are devout.... Every catholic I know is very far from devout and would be classed as failed in his eyes.

The Pope is (always) a silly old fool who has lived in a bubble of stupidity, ignorance and arrogance for most of his life.

you can say hes irrelevant to you, but you cant call him and his church objectivity irrelevant in the society & in the world. He's much much MUCH more relevant in this world than you'll ever be.

kowenicki said:
Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:

he is actually even more than irrelevant to me...

I seriously doubt that all of the 1.5bn or so roman catholic followers are devout.... Every catholic I know is very far from devout and would be classed as failed in his eyes.

The Pope is (always) a silly old fool who has lived in a bubble of stupidity, ignorance and arrogance for most of his life.

Well duh.   That's kinda the main tenant of all Christanity.

That all people fall short of the hopes god created for mankind and as such, need forgiveness.

As for arrogance... I'd say your being at least as arrogant as any pope.

As for him being irrelevent... you don't act like he's irrelevent to you... and quite honestly the Catholic Church does more for charity then I believe any other charitable organization does in the world... by quite a bit.

Second highest i believe... oddly being the Mormon Church.

They may have some views you and I would find reprhensible however they are very relevent to the world, and in fact, on average have a very positive relevent effect on the world.

The positive effect actually becomes greater if you extend back through historty, even counting things like the crusade and inqusition blindly as bad.  (inqusition probably was, the Crusades though were an interesting case which I could write paragraphs on.)

If it weren't for the Catholic Church... we'd probably be decades behind in modern technology for example.