By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

BluGamer23 said:
Rath said:
BluGamer23 said:
the Amazing thing is Catholic church will out live everyone in this forum.. and their children.. and their childrens children.. all these hate on Catholics is nothing new.. nothing can stop it as Jesus has promised. This generation will pass.. and atheist will find new battlegrounds to hate on Catholics.. its just cycle.

Only once the Catholic church changes. Which it will. It already has accepted evolution, it is starting to accept contraception in some cases (though it is well and truly too slow on this one - which is killing thousands) and eventually it will accept gays. The Catholic church just happens to be a couple of centuries behind the modern world.

source for Catholic acceptance that we evolved from something not human?

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/cti_documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20040723_communion-stewardship_en.html

63. According to the widely accepted scientific account, the universe erupted 15 billion years ago in an explosion called the “Big Bang” and has been expanding and cooling ever since. Later there gradually emerged the conditions necessary for the formation of atoms, still later the condensation of galaxies and stars, and about 10 billion years later the formation of planets. In our own solar system and on earth (formed about 4.5 billion years ago), the conditions have been favorable to the emergence of life. While there is little consensus among scientists about how the origin of this first microscopic life is to be explained, there is general agreement among them that the first organism dwelt on this planet about 3.5-4 billion years ago. Since it has been demonstrated that all living organisms on earth are genetically related, it is virtually certain that all living organisms have descended from this first organism. Converging evidence from many studies in the physical and biological sciences furnishes mounting support for some theory of evolution to account for the development and diversification of life on earth, while controversy continues over the pace and mechanisms of evolution. While the story of human origins is complex and subject to revision, physical anthropology and molecular biology combine to make a convincing case for the origin of the human species in Africa about 150,000 years ago in a humanoid population of common genetic lineage. However it is to be explained, the decisive factor in human origins was a continually increasing brain size, culminating in that of homo sapiens. With the development of the human brain, the nature and rate of evolution were permanently altered: with the introduction of the uniquely human factors of consciousness, intentionality, freedom and creativity, biological evolution was recast as social and cultural evolution.

They do (somewhere else on that page) maintain that the human soul did not arise through evolution however.

Edit: Also the Catholic church changes its stance on things all the time. It's not been consistent over its centuries of existence.

Around the Network

well, as a Conservative Christian, I'm against "gay Marriage", they should call it a Civil Union. one thing that does bother me is that they wear a Cross sometimes. I find it very offensive. but still...

"I dont mean to insult anyone, I just wanted to make my point clear, nothing more."

You called gay and lesbian people Cancer!  You don't mean to insult anyone and you called them Cancer.  (Would be curious what it is like when you really try to insult someone.)

Anyway, as far as razing kids.  Statically, the safest place for a kid to be raised in the USA is by two lesbian moms.  They do better, are well adjusted, and the lowest case for molestation, by far.  Something about having two nurturing parents is a good thing.  (Not, that I think we should taking kids away from hetero parents, but the statistics say it might be better for the kids.)

Anyway, people should not be forcing their religious views on others, especially in the government.  Same-sex marriage is found on every continent that humans consistantly live on (sorry Antarctica! but it has no native culture.) Many religious always had and still have same-sex marriage – as did the Roman Catholics at one time – and I’m sure Jesus would have blessed them (and many scholars say he did.)

Anyway, I’ve never quite understood why people get so riled up when someone’s says, ‘This is the person I love, and want to be a family with.’  (I think the proper response is to wish them well and buy a nice gift.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Runa 216 Can you scientifically prove that a human is born with a predetermined sexual orientation? If so can you show me some evidence of this? By the way, the flying spaghetti monster does exist. He is found in chromosone XY.

Like I said before; smoking cigerettes is a choice, marriage is a choice, violence is a choice, theft is a choice, lying is a choice, divorce is a choice, abortion is a choice, pedophilia is a choice, polygamy is a choice, infidelity is a choice, homosexuality is a choice. The action of engaging in a homosexual act is homosexuality. The word gay means to be happy. To say that all males who have feminine characteristics are homosexuals is a prejudgement and is discrimination. Also, to say that all males who are masculine are heterosexual is also a prejudgement and also is discrimination. I've known quite a few masculine homosexuals. There is no such thing as "gay" just homosexual. You become this by choice. No civil rights violation here!

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
Runa 216 Can you scientifically prove that a human is born with a predetermined sexual orientation? If so can you show me some evidence of this? By the way, the flying spaghetti monster does exist. He is found in chromosone XY.

I cannot 100% prove it, but science has been making great strides in understanding what causes homosexuality, so give it a few more years and I imagine it will.  That's the grand thing about science: a desire for knowledge pushes  us to understand and explore things rather than just assuming we know what we talk about and leaving it at that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

By the way incest also is a choice...

Rath said:
BluGamer23 said:

source for Catholic acceptance that we evolved from something not human?

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/cti_documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20040723_communion-stewardship_en.html

63. According to the widely accepted scientific account, the universe erupted 15 billion years ago in an explosion called the “Big Bang” and has been expanding and cooling ever since. Later there gradually emerged the conditions necessary for the formation of atoms, still later the condensation of galaxies and stars, and about 10 billion years later the formation of planets. In our own solar system and on earth (formed about 4.5 billion years ago), the conditions have been favorable to the emergence of life. While there is little consensus among scientists about how the origin of this first microscopic life is to be explained, there is general agreement among them that the first organism dwelt on this planet about 3.5-4 billion years ago. Since it has been demonstrated that all living organisms on earth are genetically related, it is virtually certain that all living organisms have descended from this first organism. Converging evidence from many studies in the physical and biological sciences furnishes mounting support for some theory of evolution to account for the development and diversification of life on earth, while controversy continues over the pace and mechanisms of evolution. While the story of human origins is complex and subject to revision, physical anthropology and molecular biology combine to make a convincing case for the origin of the human species in Africa about 150,000 years ago in a humanoid population of common genetic lineage. However it is to be explained, the decisive factor in human origins was a continually increasing brain size, culminating in that of homo sapiens. With the development of the human brain, the nature and rate of evolution were permanently altered: with the introduction of the uniquely human factors of consciousness, intentionality, freedom and creativity, biological evolution was recast as social and cultural evolution.

They do (somewhere else on that page) maintain that the human soul did not arise through evolution however.

Edit: Also the Catholic church changes its stance on things all the time. It's not been consistent over its centuries of existence.

Thanks will read up on it..

marioboy2004 said:
By the way incest also is a choice...

Heres a question, is your heterosexuality a choice? Did you choose to be attracted to people of the opposite gender?

Runa216 said:
marioboy2004 said:

I cannot 100% prove it, but science has been making great strides in understanding what causes homosexuality, so give it a few more years and I imagine it will.  That's the grand thing about science: a desire for knowledge pushes  us to understand and explore things rather than just assuming we know what we talk about and leaving it at that. 

There are sometimes that some errors occur during the division of the chromosomes in order to form the male gametes (because of age), and also during after the fecundation when the genetical info of the male and female "crosses-over".or There are other kind of anomalies in which the mother may ingest some kind of teratogenic agent.   All those things can even desencadenate that a "chromosomically male" to have the appareance and the thinking of a woman, because of the lack of androgen receptors, so the process of virilization doesnt happend.  That "girl" is really a girl because her formation during pregnancy was almost the same as a female.   her brain develops without the influence of androgens so it is even more girly than most girls, because girls have some bits of androgens.      These womens most of the times more beautiful than a XX woman because of the reason explained above, but they can not get pregnant because of the underdevelopment of the internal reproductive female organs.

Science has already explained how an XY male become homosexual, from an embryonic point of view, is somewhat similar to what I already explained, the male brain is not "formed as it should have" due to the lack of some hormones during the pre-natal formation.  Here is some article that talks about it: http://www.aisia.org/txt/pdf/bgender_Jurgensen.pdf.

What is still a bit controversial, is the role of social stressors to make someone homosexual.   Some studies reveal that it is important for sexual orientation (liking women) and sexual psyche (thinking and acting as a man), while others say that there is no sufficient evidence, and that it is atributed by random lol.

EDIT: Looks like the link doesnt work for some reason, here is the google search page :   GOOGLE PAGE it is the sixth result I think (PDF).