By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's safe to say the PS3 is the definitive graphics king for this gen

Michael-5 said:
Aldro said:

Now don't go find a way to go around this. It clearly says Pre-Alpha. I was at the game convention in Sweden called Gamex in 2010?? November. It said Pre-Alpha there and I remember the full version making me drop my pants even more.

Do we know what stage in dev Gears 2 was at E3 2010? I thought Pre-alpha came long before a game was ready for release, not months before release. Also do we know what stage the playable E3 demo was at? I thought alpha was characteristic of games which aren't ready to play yet.

Either Way, E3 2008, IGN said Gears 2 looked better then Killzone 2, both games were incomplete works, both games released relatively close together. Yes KZ2 released 3.5 months later, but it was in dev since earlier too (They also had playable versions as early as Playstation Day in August 2007, same can't be said for Gears 2), so there is no reason to think one game was more close to complete then the other.

Also P.S. to the other guy...I think MGS4 looks better then KZ2, can you find an article by some website (preferably a well known one) that says MGS4 looks better then Killzone 2? Otherwise I'll stick to what IGN say and put Gears 2 above KZ2, and personaly put Gears 3 above KZ3 (I know you put KZ3 1 rank above Gears 3, so it's really a matter of preference).

no, i cant because MGS4 doesn't look better than killzone 2. why are you arguing against your own point. i cant find a single site that says MGS4 looks better than Killone 2. but i can find many sites that regarded Killzone 2 as the best graphical game to date. i can also find the well know site, that actually analyses games, Lens of Truth, and they said Killzone 2 is graphically better and more advance than Gears 2. i can also find well know site Digital Foundry, and they said Killzone 2, set graphical benchmarks, with the only game coming close to it was Uncharted 1. they say Uncharted 1 gives it a run for its money, yet they make no mention of your precious Gears 2 (which is a game i love by the way, and like way more than Killzone 2).

but you can go on and hang on to that e3 graphics award gears won, if it really matters that much to you, you really seem to desperately cling to that. but the rest of us will base this off of awards given to finished games, and given by actual technical analysis. not some biased opinion, like yours, grounded in no fact.

P.P.S. To add to my preference comment and how every game has their own benefits. L.A. Noire, although overall not that spectacular to look at, has the best face animations out of all games. So if facial expressions are a big deal for graphics for you, L.A. Noire would be your best graphics choice.

no, not really at all, if you actually read the reviews and played the game you would see how jarring, the facial animations actually are. sometimes they are really good, but others they look completely out of place, and ackward. Uncharted (and to a little lesser extent God of war 3) have much better facial animation, and are highly praised. while LA NOIRE does mocap for their faces, Uncharted and GOW3 use hand animated faces, which creates a better sense of emotion in the faces, and avoids the uncanny valley that is often seen in LA NOIRE.

Around the Network

Aside: Lens of Truth said that Gears 3 performs about just as well as Uncharted 3 (not a graphical indicator, but something).

Even the 1 clear best looking game doesn't have dominance in everyones eyes.

P.S. Mocop >>> animated expressions, I have played enough L.A. Noire to say that for most of the craracters it's best in this game. However if you need another example, GT5 models buildings (the few it has) better then Uncharted 3, and I would argue lighting is best in Crysis 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Yeah,I agree with you,but PS3 is not the best machine in the gen

Would I be too much of a fanboy if I claim for the Wii to have the best graphics this gen?? lol
Seriously, I agree that PS3 looks better than all others, I proved it with Soul Calibur 5

Juma009 said:
Would I be too much of a fanboy if I claim for the Wii to have the best graphics this gen?? lol
Seriously, I agree that PS3 looks better than all others, I proved it with Soul Calibur 5

I would have to say, Wii has the best artistic design. Skyward Sword, XenoBlade, Kirby's Epic Yarn...all beautiful experiences. Although not graphical powerhouses, I wish more HD games looked as unique as these.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I think its safe to say that Michael-5 should not be taken all that seriously, given he said that God of War III looks BAD (Giant WTF there) and because he spewed bullshit information about graphics awards which got pwned hard by aldro.

You sir, are entitled to your opinion, however biased it may be. Just be vary that everyone else has different opinions, and majority of them indicate that games like Uncharted, God of War and Killzone have superior graphics to most 360 games.

Juma009 said:

Yeah, when Xbox 360 had sharper textures on that game and more frame rates. 

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Juma009 said:

Experts (i.e. Not you) respectfully disagree with your claim.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-soulcalibur5-face-off

Hynad said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Juma009 said:

Ahh yes, but my source has the frame rate video analysis, better texture face off, loading times.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-soulcalibur-v-analysis/

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Hynad said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Juma009 said:

Ahh yes, but my source has the frame rate video analysis, better texture face off, loading times.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-soulcalibur-v-analysis/

Yes, and the frame rate is said to be the same for both versions.  Textures and loading times are barely different either.  LoT mentions that the differences are VERY slight (yeah, worded exactly like that), yet they go on to blow them out of proportion saying they're obvious.   Are they "VERY slight" or obvious?  

LoT isn't nearly as respectable a source as Digital Foundry, as has been proven time and time again over the course of both sites' history.  

While LoT gives a slight edge to the 360 version, Digital Foundry calls a tie between both versions.  You're free to choose which one suits your agenda.