By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think it's safe to say the PS3 is the definitive graphics king for this gen

Michael-5 said:
Reasonable said:
Michael-5 said:
Juma009 said:
Would I be too much of a fanboy if I claim for the Wii to have the best graphics this gen?? lol
Seriously, I agree that PS3 looks better than all others, I proved it with Soul Calibur 5

I would have to say, Wii has the best artistic design. Skyward Sword, XenoBlade, Kirby's Epic Yarn...all beautiful experiences. Although not graphical powerhouses, I wish more HD games looked as unique as these.

I'd agree on artistic design, but I think Journey might singlehandedly changed my mind.  That game hands down is my graphical favourite now in terms of design and execution of the visual image.

I don't see what people find so interesting about that game. It doesn't look anything special, it just looks silly. XenoBlade is beautiful, Journey is just....I would say crap. It's just a different colour panel set, and type of imagry, but it's not unique or breathtaking.

Try playing the game before calling it crap. I've completed it 4 times and I can truly say its an incredible game and an experience. It has 93 metacritic and not 1 negative review. So how can it be crap? 

Around the Network

How is this thread still going on.. Seriously.. It's just the same arguments over and over. Must give credit to Michael tho. He's still hanging in there.

Michael-5 said:
Reasonable said:
Michael-5 said:
Juma009 said:
Would I be too much of a fanboy if I claim for the Wii to have the best graphics this gen?? lol
Seriously, I agree that PS3 looks better than all others, I proved it with Soul Calibur 5

I would have to say, Wii has the best artistic design. Skyward Sword, XenoBlade, Kirby's Epic Yarn...all beautiful experiences. Although not graphical powerhouses, I wish more HD games looked as unique as these.

I'd agree on artistic design, but I think Journey might singlehandedly changed my mind.  That game hands down is my graphical favourite now in terms of design and execution of the visual image.

I don't see what people find so interesting about that game. It doesn't look anything special, it just looks silly. XenoBlade is beautiful, Journey is just....I would say crap. It's just a different colour panel set, and type of imagry, but it's not unique or breathtaking.

I reaaally doubt you even played the game. Journey was fucking s-p-e-c-t-a-c-u-l-a-r.

thehusbo said:
How is this thread still going on.. Seriously.. It's just the same arguments over and over. Must give credit to Michael tho. He's still hanging in there.

Yeah it's crazy. First that horrible Forza 4 shot now a picture of Chief which gets raped by todays Kratos and Nathan Drake. I mean.. it's just.. wow.

And all the long ass texts which have lies in them. First it was Gears 2 being best graphics in 08 which was not the case as MGS4 got more. Then it was Gears 3 being runner up in 2011 which was not the case because its Battlefield 3 and I have enough to prove that, he can just ask me. He also claimed God of War 3 got many graphics awards when it actually got as much as MGS4/UC2 and UC3 but in 2010 ^^.

The guy is probably the most ignorant person I have met on the 360 side. Or well, he's tied with that crysis guy by a margain.

Tagged - This might just get as funny as a Katt Williams show.

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Michael-5 said:
Juma009 said:

On Topic I can't believe this is still going.  I thought it had been covered multiple times that, due to having more exclusive engines designed for it combined with the ability to "code to the metal" the cream of the crop technical powerhouses on PS3 slightly eclipse the cream of the crop titles on 360 (emphasis on slightly) but this is more than balanced by the 360 having a greater number of stable graphical titles due to ease of development and coding?

Both machines are almost identical in terms of supporting a complex 3D game so custom design and access to the underlying HW was always going to be the decider in terms of final result (altough of course getting to the final result is easier on 360).

The only place I see a major difference between the 2 is pure CPU potential which the PS3 does have more of but from a pure games perspective other bottlenecks and elements render the final capabilities of each console very, very similar.   The 360 does have a better GPU but not quite to the extent of potential performance as the CPU difference - which is why researchers were so fond of rubber banding PS3s together purely to harness the CPU.

I agree with this post 100%

Aldro said:
thehusbo said:

Yeah it's crazy. First that horrible Forza 4 shot now a picture of Chief which gets raped by todays Kratos and Nathan Drake. I mean.. it's just.. wow.

And all the long ass texts which have lies in them. First it was Gears 2 being best graphics in 08 which was not the case as MGS4 got more. Then it was Gears 3 being runner up in 2011 which was not the case because its Battlefield 3 and I have enough to prove that, he can just ask me. He also claimed God of War 3 got many graphics awards when it actually got as much as MGS4/UC2 and UC3 but in 2010 ^^.

The guy is probably the most ignorant person I have met on the 360 side. Or well, he's tied with that crysis guy by a margain.

Lol I stopped taking him seriously a long time ago. You keep providing proof but he still argues it, somehow. Ye I reckon he's worse than the crisis guy. The crisis guy I think is just funny because of his stupid 1 liners and funny signature, but this guy.. :S

Millenium said:
Tagged - This might just get as funny as a Katt Williams show.

Katt Williams hasn't been quite as funny as he used to imo. I initially found his offensively bold nature to be hilarious, but it now seems rather childish and un-creative. I think Kevin Hart is equally funny without the brashness of KW.

Michael-5 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
I think its safe to say that Michael-5 should not be taken all that seriously, given he said that God of War III looks BAD (Giant WTF there) and because he spewed bullshit information about graphics awards which got pwned hard by aldro.

You sir, are entitled to your opinion, however biased it may be. Just be vary that everyone else has different opinions, and majority of them indicate that games like Uncharted, God of War and Killzone have superior graphics to most 360 games.

Never said that. I just said that Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 look better.

Also Gears 2 did get best graphics award for E3 2008, knocking out Killzone 2. I didn't lie there.

You sir are the one that shouldn't be taken seriously if your going to put words in my mouth.

Also I said Uncharted 3 is the best, the majority say that. Killzone I disagree with, that game didn't get any more Best Graphics awards then MGS4, and I think it got a similar number to Gears 2. Also God of War 3, I said that I can see why people would rank it above Gears 3 and any other PS3 exclusive. I just argued that it's subject to opinion. GoW 3 won may best graphics awards in 2010, but Gears 3 came runner up to Uncharted 3 in 2011 (argueably the best looking game this gen). I think the closeness of graphical differences between Gears 3 and well even Uncharted 3, is small, and that excluding UC3, there is no clear cut PS3 exclusive which looks better then Gears 3 (and we'll have to see how Halo 4 fits in). So there is no way you can award PS3 the definite graphics king this gen, especially since most MP games look better on 360, and that the few AAA looking PS3 exclusives are at best 5% better looking then 360 exclusives of that year (but take an old PS3 exclusive, and yea Gears 3, and soon The Witcher 2 kill it)

P.S. Speaking of Halo 4, there is strong talk about this being the best looking game on any console to date (meaning better then UC3).

I would definatly put this above everything up to Uncharted 3, just off this. So we will have to see how good this game ends up looking, and if The Last of Us can top Uncharted 3 visually (I don't think it will).

Really? Look how low-res those textures are (right click -> fullscreen), not to mention that the background is blurred out Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be gorgeous when it's finished, but at the moment Gears 3 looks much better than this, never mind any other graphical-powerhouse console franchise.) Also, I don't really think press shots shoud be in this thread, but hey I can't control that. 

Anyway, since this thread is still alive here's some more God of War 3 shots showing off that sexy lighting, the last one isn't straight from a gamer capturing the screens but they're from a Digital Foundry article, so we can safely assume they're legit. (Sadface because I can't find any Hades screenshots, my favourite moment in the game)

Sal.Paradise said:
Michael-5 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Majority of critics winners:

2011's winner by critics:

(<333)

2010's winner by critics:

(Serious face O_O)

2009's winner by critics:

(Hahahahaha xD his expression)

2008's winner by critics:

(Boobieeez)