By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do to bring you back to them?

Tagged games:

They never lost me.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

Around the Network

I don't identify with any company. I'm a fan of many games and their creators, but it's not like I have ever felt let down by any of them. I was a fan of Sega and Nintendo back when it was just them. I'm still a Sega and Nintendo fan, but now I'm a fan of other game makers too. I have all the system with games that I want to play. Nintendo doesn't need to win me back because I never left them behind for greener pastures. So long as Nintendo makes Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games I'll be there. But so long as MS makes Halo games I'll be there too. If Sega still made hardware I'd buy that too, but since they don't I just enjoy games like Sonic Generations and Binary Domain on other platforms.

I do mainly buy 1st party Nintendo games for Nintendo consoles and rarely buy 3rd party exclusives. For multiplatform games I almost never buy them for Nintendo machines.

I guess Nintendo could do something to people to buy 3rd party multiplatform games on their consoles. But that seems like an uphill battle since both Sony has Trophies and MS has achievements. It's going to be hard to convince people to buy the same games for Wii U that they can bolster their gamerscore on the system they have now. Even with a graphical facelift.

spurgeonryan said:
Kangi said:
They never lost me.

So you are good to go and ready for the Wii U?

[...]

Did you enjoy the Wii?

Yes and yes.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

Seeing as how the DS is the number one selling console of all time and the Wii is number one of this gen consoles I dont believe they have lost to many people. They have actually gained.

Then there is Microsoft who has also gained with the help of third parties and XBL

If you are going to make an article about this stupidity do it with a company that has lost a lot, AKA PS3 vs PS2.

New IP's, and more games. Nintendo is capable of making really good AAA games. I had almost stopped playing Nintendo handhelds, but then they made Pokemon Black and that brought me right back into the series. The Nintendo Wii doesn't have too many great first party games, but the ones that it does have are excellent (XenoBlade, Smash Bros, Skyward Sword, etc).

Also stop with the shit games. I'm a huge Mario Party fan and since Mario Party 3, Nintendo really dropped the bomb on the franchise. No more cash grabs, make a proper Mario Party, and do the same for all games you make.

Also like I said, new IP's. I already got an excellent Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, etc, etc on the Wii. Unless they want the Wii U library to mimic the Wii's, Nintendo needs some new IP's. I mean a new F-Zero, Starfox and Pikmin would be nice, haven't seen one of those games in a while, but I want something new. Eternal Darkness was one of my favorite GCN games and I have a feeling XenoBlade will rank real high too. Nintendo needs more of this.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I was falling off before Donkey Kong Country Returns, from there (for me) Nintendo did have a good spin of the wheel.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

SONYs 1st party, hardware specs on par or better than the playbox4, a 3D OPEN WORLD POKEMON GAME FEATURING THE FIRST 150 POKEMON ON THE SCALE ON SKYRIM, WHERE YOU CAN PLAY AS THE POKEMON IN BATTLE AS WELL AS THE TRAINERS.

Nintendo never really lost me. I was just let down by their new casual approach.

- Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 are easy as hell compared to Super Mario 64/Sunshine.

- The recent Zelda games give you almost no time to think for yourself, every answer is given to you.

- No new F-Zero. The two latest console F-Zero games are some of my most played games overall. Not releasing a sequel was a very great letdown for me.

- Metroid Prime 3 looked like a previous generation game and there was no option for using the classic controller (of course, some gameplay elements such as the "pull and twist" parts demanded it, but I couldn't care less if you used buttons instead). The motion controls could possibly have been overlooked if it weren't for the poor graphics and environments though. Because that's probably what made this game forgettable for me. I honestly remember close to nothing about this game other than that the awesome multiplayer was cut off. I once tried to replay this title (like a have a couple of times with Metroid Prime 2), but it just felt boring all the time so I had to stop.

- Most importantly though: Lack of third pary titles!!

The Wii was easily overshadowed by my 360, as a result.

Nintendo lost me at the N64 era. 2d platforming has always been my favorite genre yet Nintend just ignored all of the incredible 2d games like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy and all of the incredible 2d Mario games and just went for all 3d games completely put me off. Honestly, I have almost no passion for any other company or any other genre out there.  So, I never really felt compleled to buy anything other than a Nintendo console so when I didn't buy the N64 or the Gamecube, that was the end for getting consoles for me.  I just stuck mostly with my SNES for a loooooong time, got FFVII for the PC and for the rest of the time went with MMOs until the Wii came out. The thing about the Wii is that almost everyone who says that Nintendo forsakes its hardcore, probably started gaming with the N64, but it actually brought back a lot of SNES fans including myself. Oh yeah, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy is awesome.

They should make hardcore games, I want to play my games with a normal controller, I never liked Skyward Swords gameplay, it was horrible.

You guys remember the awesome violent commercials Nintendo used to make during the N64/Gameboy era? Now its all this family together playing a game commercials.