By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do to bring you back to them?

Tagged games:

Turkish said:
They should make hardcore games, I want to play my games with a normal controller, I never liked Skyward Swords gameplay, it was horrible.

You guys remember the awesome violent commercials Nintendo used to make during the N64/Gameboy era? Now its all this family together playing a game commercials.

I wouldn't mind if those two commercial types coexisted though. But yeah, the old violent 90's commercials will forever be missed:

Around the Network

Nintendo didn't lose me

But a full fledged home console pokemon with good graphics!

I'd prefer a not top down view. And better battle animations/backgrounds.

that would be like the best game ever.

It turns out the answer is they can release the Nintendo DS.

I enjoyed the N64 and gameboy but never owned or really desired a Gamecube or GBA.

I wouldn't say 'Nintendo lost me entirely... I played both N64 AND PS in the 90's - but then I started playing much more strategy games on the PC in the early to mid 2000's. Then in 2007 Nintendo released Zelda TP and won me over again! Even thu Wii got tons of casual games they also released quite a few really good games (both Zelda, Mario Galaxy 1-2 and NSMBwii). But I also enjoyed the casual party games actually!

What Nintendo need to do to keep me is 3rd party support for WiiU! And a more mature direction for Zelda and better graphics!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

For nintendo to bring me back to them they need to make resident evil remake and zero in HD
and remake nemisis, with a gamecube style controller (or at least a controller that isnt motion support)
make some more games for the hardcore audience

Around the Network

I still enjoy nintendo games and am 25 years old now. I've played the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, never really played the Wii though. I did venture into Sony territory with PS2 and I really liked MGS2 and played about 10-15 hours of final fantasy X. The reason I stopped playing games these past 6 years probably due to getting bored of games. Wii sports was awesome but didn't have enough depth. I want full motion games with depth and accuracy, I love innovation and that is what made the N64 magical. The first time I played mario 64 I was in awe. But after 20 years of button mashing it tends to get tedious or boring. Wii was a step in the right direction, but most motion control games sucked (I guess from the reviews zelda was good). I hope nintendo makes more mature games because their audience from the 90's are also mature.

also some great nintendo memories I have are when they truly innovated like the first time I played Super Mario World, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, Eternal Darkness, Wii sports.

Innovation is key and mature games for a Mature audience of loyal fans from the 90s

Andrespetmonkey said:
SONYs 1st party, hardware specs on par or better than the playbox4, a 3D OPEN WORLD POKEMON GAME FEATURING THE FIRST 150 POKEMON ON THE SCALE ON SKYRIM, WHERE YOU CAN PLAY AS THE POKEMON IN BATTLE AS WELL AS THE TRAINERS.

The first 150 Pokemon is an extremely unbalanced group in favor of psychic and dragon types. Though more bug-type moves exist now, such a game would still be hideously unbalanced (no dark types in the first 150, no useful Ghost types).

No.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
The more interesting question would be if these people want to come back. There's a list of points that keeps returning, but when Nintendo makes steps into this direction the reaction is usually "meh". On one hand people say that they want Nintendo to be more like Sony and/or Microsoft, but when it happens they will say that they already have Sony and/or Microsoft for this, so there's not much of a point in buying Nintendo.

You make it sound like it's people fault. But the truth is while Nintendo made 3DS more core oriented a lot of their effort was half assed or incompetent. While my interest in Wii is absolutly minimal the 3DS annoucement on E3 got me very excited since DS has a few games that interest me.

Then they annouced specs, then price, then region locking, then there were problems with DS games on 3DS not looking as good and friend codes and lack of online shop and no sign of trophy/achievement like system...

Basically even if Nintendo made a step forward towards core gamers so did competitors

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I guess a robust online system, all the main "mature" third party games (need my fix from somewhere and it won't and fairly shouldn't come from Nintendo themselves) and a regular controller would get me interested. Can't see this happening completely, especially the controller part, so I will move on with Sony or Microsoft.