By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
spurgeonryan said:

That's right, Nintendo Australia has... actually updated its Club Nintendo store!

All you Star hoarders out there now have the option of purchasing a 3DS pouch in the shape of Mario's or Luigi's hat, as well as a Golden Nunchuk to match your Skyward Sword Wii Remote.

The 3DS pouches will set you back 1300 Stars and, in addition to the 3DS, are able to fit a Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DS Lite or Nintendo DS. Because everybody knows that hat-shaped pouches are the economical way of storing electronic devices.

As for the Golden Nunchuk, it comes in at a hefty 3000 Stars and, well, it's golden.

You can check out the new items below, or view them for yourself at the Australian Club Nintendo store here.

I want one of those shiny things! :O why won't they just release it already!? Having a golden Wiimote and NOT a golden nunchuk... just looks plain stupid!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
archbrix said:

"When the Wii first launched, I didn’t understand it. I thought it was just a gimmick. After playing with it I could see the mass appeal, but I was afraid it would be treated like a toy by the family purchasers... For the Wii U, I once again don’t get it. I’m having a hard time seeing how a tablet controller & console system is going to be revolutionary."  - Trent Oster

Conclusion:  Trent Oster doesn't get it.

word!

spurgeonryan said:
gumby_trucker said:
spurgeonryan said:

such a glowing review!

Somehow this has me more excited about the game than I was for The Last Story!

Has anyone played it yet?

Yes. RolStoppable has played it, and he likes it more than The Last Story! From the recent reviews, and trailers, and video reviews I have seen this game looks wonderful!

I gotta admit that it looks really good and seems good over all! Perhaps I should get it?? I just got Xenoblade last week, but haven't had the time to play much yet...

gumby_trucker said:
Can anyone here enlighten me as to all the attention Kirby has received in recent years?
Was it this way before Iwata became president of the company?
If it is related to Iwata, I hope Nintendo's next president has a strong connection to the Metroid franchise!

Kirby hasn't been this big since the SNES era. After that, we had a bit of a drought until the DS. If I had to guess, I'd say the strong reception of 2D platformers in the 7th gen helped him out.

Love and tolerate.

Conegamer said:
I never though I'd be in a Nintendo thread talking about DLC, but...

I'd like to see more on this Fire Emblem DLC. This 2-map and 2-character pack intrigues me...and how does 3G get DLC, but you can't play online? It makes no sense to me :/

They already did it with P3rd i belive.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Things are changing over at Nintendo people! Very exciting times! I am sure you are all excited as well. Does anyone else feel this way?

DLC

Online being actually really good (we have already seen this with the 3DS, other than those darned friend codes)

3rd parties (what is that?)

Constant flow of good games (again 3DS has shown us that Nintendo is serious, also the wii has had a decent year so far as well)

Great eshop for once (again 3DS)

Mystery and surprises (nintendo direct as shown us that there will be surprises, and E3 and the Wii U have given us the mystery)

Nintendo seems to finally be listening to us! I had another bullet to add up there but cannot think of what it is now.
What do you all think? Are you finally happy with Nintendos immediate future? I mean sincerely happy people! Not that fake I am a Nintendo fan so I am always happy bull.

I am. :)

I'm happy they're finally learning and catching up! If they want to stay relevant they have to evolve and look at what's happening around them. They just gotta have online support in this day and age! They need 3rd party support if they gonna compete with the up coming PS720 (or whatever).

I don't want to be looking for a second console I'm thinking of buying: I just want the one, but this generation Nintendo haven't been able to deliver that. I'm hoping WiiU will change that!

Salnax said:
gumby_trucker said:
Can anyone here enlighten me as to all the attention Kirby has received in recent years?
Was it this way before Iwata became president of the company?
If it is related to Iwata, I hope Nintendo's next president has a strong connection to the Metroid franchise!

Kirby hasn't been this big since the SNES era. After that, we had a bit of a drought until the DS. If I had to guess, I'd say the strong reception of 2D platformers in the 7th gen helped him out.

There was a Kirby in development for the GameCube that vanished, like Pikmin with the Wii. But yes, what you said had a lot to do in his comeback.

And the fact that Iwata was one of the creators of Kirby also helped

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

thekitchensink said:
NintendoPie said:

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has posted a photo of himself posing with a giant Kirby plushy to advertise the Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation. Of course this has prompted mass speculation from all corners of the internet that Nintendo is going to use the presentation to reveal a new Kirby related title for either Nintendo 3DS or Wii. Masahiro Sakurai has also urged Kid Icarus Uprising fans to watch the Nintendo Direct presentation.

At E3, Iwata mentioned that Sakurai's team would be starting the new Smash Bros. games as soon as they finished Kid Icarus, so I find it doubtful that it's a Kirby-specific game.  Maybe the 3DS Smash will be revealed tonight?  That would be amazing :D

Also, IGN has confirmed that North America will be having a conference as well, at 8:30 otnight.

It sucks that I wasn't on to be excited with all of you guys about the conference. >_> I had some things to think about, VGC things.

TONS of catching up to do!

I`m really anticipating that Kirby compilation. The only Kirby game i played was the one on NES and i loved it.

spurgeonryan said:
Things are changing over at Nintendo people! Very exciting times! I am sure you are all excited as well. Does anyone else feel this way?

DLC

Online being actually really good (we have already seen this with the 3DS, other than those darned friend codes)

3rd parties (what is that?)

Constant flow of good games (again 3DS has shown us that Nintendo is serious, also the wii has had a decent year so far as well)

Great eshop for once (again 3DS)

Mystery and surprises (nintendo direct as shown us that there will be surprises, and E3 and the Wii U have given us the mystery)

Nintendo seems to finally be listening to us! I had another bullet to add up there but cannot think of what it is now.
What do you all think? Are you finally happy with Nintendos immediate future? I mean sincerely happy people! Not that fake I am a Nintendo fan so I am always happy bull.

I am. :)

yep, it seems like they are making their best to ensure the sucess of the 3ds, so far I'd say they are doing it amazingly. I hope they are also thinking about reviving some other ips, a new star fox, Fzero, earthbound, wave race, custom robo, geist and eternal darkness.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064