By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 8 games that were wasted on the Wii

How dare you guys forget about 3D!

Can you imagine how those games could be extremely improved if played in an amazing stereoscopic 3D TV?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
o_O.Q said:

not necessairly it all depends on your preference, zelda and metroid have been done in the past with analogue controls... so its up to the individual to determine which control scheme is best for them

in one situation one says motion controls

"Skyward Sword and Prime 3 would most likely have been inferior on PS360 due to being handcuffed to dual analogue controls"

and the other says analogue controls

You really don't have any clue what you're talking about. :) Not for Zelda Skyward Sword that's for sure.

Jay was bang on. Skyward sword, to be the game it truly was, required full Motion+ support. The combat would have been a completely different thing without it. The boss battles would have had an entirely different architecture. Most ennemies would have had completely different attack/defense designs.

If you're talking about TP, you're right it can be mapped to analog. But not Skyward Sword. I'll give you but one example:

Beamos are multilayered totem-pole like objects that are made up of different electrified parts. These enemies can be defeated by slicing apart different sections of their body. The beamos will shoot out a laser beam from its eye, but this attack can be deflected using the shield.

Read More about Beamos at the Zelda Dungeon Wiki.

The whole ennemy walkthrough you can find here:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14-skyward-sword-enemies.php

" Skyward sword, to be the game it truly was, required full Motion+ support. The combat would have been a completely different thing without it."

uh yeah... that was my point exactly, some people would have prefer not to have certain games "handcuffed" with motion controls just like how others would prefer not to have certain games "handcuffed" by analog controls

it all comes down to preference

o_O.Q said:
happydolphin said:
o_O.Q said:

not necessairly it all depends on your preference, zelda and metroid have been done in the past with analogue controls... so its up to the individual to determine which control scheme is best for them

in one situation one says motion controls

"Skyward Sword and Prime 3 would most likely have been inferior on PS360 due to being handcuffed to dual analogue controls"

and the other says analogue controls

You really don't have any clue what you're talking about. :) Not for Zelda Skyward Sword that's for sure.

Jay was bang on. Skyward sword, to be the game it truly was, required full Motion+ support. The combat would have been a completely different thing without it. The boss battles would have had an entirely different architecture. Most ennemies would have had completely different attack/defense designs.

If you're talking about TP, you're right it can be mapped to analog. But not Skyward Sword. I'll give you but one example:

Beamos are multilayered totem-pole like objects that are made up of different electrified parts. These enemies can be defeated by slicing apart different sections of their body. The beamos will shoot out a laser beam from its eye, but this attack can be deflected using the shield.

Read More about Beamos at the Zelda Dungeon Wiki.

The whole ennemy walkthrough you can find here:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14-skyward-sword-enemies.php

" Skyward sword, to be the game it truly was, required full Motion+ support. The combat would have been a completely different thing without it."

uh yeah... that was my point exactly, some people would have prefer not to have certain games "handcuffed" with motion controls just like how others would prefer not to have certain games "handcuffed" by analog controls

it all comes down to preference

You're confusing things. The thing is, when you made that post, the assumption was that dual analog could not offering the Motion+ experience. But the converse (that Motion+ could offer the traditional experience) was understood to be possible. So if it's simply a matter of preference, the Wii could accomdate both play styles, whereas the twins could only accomodate the trad play style. So not lost opportunity on Wii, rather it would have been lost opportunity on the twins.

BUT, if you can progress in logic and had you followed the subsequent posts, I actually then later admitted that the twins could've possibly pulled off SS playstyle using dual analog, only that it would have been extremely awkward. When it comes to simple preference, there was 0 lost opportunity on the Wii.

i play APB every day
i think Gran turismo is the best racing sim ever
i like GTA series
yesterday i played Arkanoid for hours
DEFINETLY NOT KILLING MYSELF

PakChiuCheng said:
Man I wish that Xenoblade will one day be ported to the PS3.

Another game that I wish appear on the PS3 is Fatal Frame 4. That game did so poorly on the Wii.

Xenoblade is a Nintendo IP

lol no wonder people keep asking for new Nintendo IPs, they don’t even know what games are Nintendo’s

anywho yeah they would all have looked better in crispy HD resolution and of course more polygons.

I still enjoyed Wii games more than I did my 360 games though  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

lol you know the wii is prolly the greatest console ever but some wii fans are too obsessed with justifying their choice. i dont have the hds for the same reasons, the games are all boring or not my genre, but i dont need to justify it to the world. the wii has probably the best games in the history of gaming and if you have had fun with your wii you shouldnt have to justify anything.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Barozi said:
Byclop said:
I dont like Killzone 3, its boring (played for the 2 hours in co op)
i dont like Gears of war, controls are clunky, repetitive gameplay....(played the first for a couple of hours and tried the 2nd one)
i dont like wRPGs (mass effect, elder scroll, etc) boring games, boring stories
i dont like COD, the single player mode is ridiculously dated and its repetitive (played COD 2, 3, MW, MW3 for more than an hour each)
i dont like Assasin,s Creed series, akward controls, no depth in combat, repetitive(played the first and second for about 3 h)
i dont like Crysis 2, no depth, linear (played for an h)
i dont like beat em ups like G of War, Devil may cry, Bayonetta...etc. repetitive games better play Double Dragon or STreets of rage

I love Zelda games, i love Metroid Prime series, i like Red Steel 2 very much, jRPGs shine on Wii (Arc rise fantasia, Xenoblade, Last story, Monster Hunter, ...) i love PES on Wii, the controls add so much to the experience,
Mario Galaxy games are good fun (not as good as 64 and Sunshine imo), Mario Kart Wii is insanely addictive, Wii sports Resort is awesome

Wii > PS360 anyday............ive been playing videogames for about 20 years, im not a "casual" gamer, actually most of the PS360 owners i know are casual gamers, they play FIFA, GT5 and FPS like COD and not very often........

I would honestly kill myself if I were like you. No offense, but it doesn't seem fun at all when you're so limited in your gaming choice. I for one play and like all kind of genres so I have naturally tons of games every year that I'm looking forward to.
Also regarding one of your comments, I've played far more than 300 games so far this gen and it's far from being over.

I dont understand why people really think that being a wii-only gamer limits your game choices. I am pretty much the same kind of gamer of byclop, I dont like gears, asssasins, GTA, mass effect, halo, fallout/skyrim... Simply I dont find them interesting.  Sure some of them look very nice, I have a gaming PC, (in which I only play racing games though) and my brother likes most of those games so I have see them in great detail, but still unatractive to me. At the end of the day the wii makes it for me.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

they probably have to jusitfy it, becasue they are NOT having fun with their Wiis??

oniyide said:

they probably have to jusitfy it, becasue they are NOT having fun with their Wiis??

Yeah, probably spending too much time with their 3DS' instead, you're probably right. I'm not sure how much more fun they'd be having with the HD twins tbh. Well, if you're gonna play that game I might as well play it too

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

Yeah, probably spending too much time with their 3DS' instead, you're probably right. I'm not sure how much more fun they'd be having with the HD twins tbh. Well, if you're gonna play that game I might as well play it too

At least then they have some new games to play every once in a while. HEY-OOOOOOOO!

Oh, the Wii has tons of shovelware too *Snap!* haha