By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your perception of India?

Nice people.
Nice culture, food etc.
One of the crappiest places to live IMO.
Half of all Indians alive today will probably be dead in 30 years due to insert X, Y, Z economic or military catastrophe.
Makes me glad I live in New Zealand.

Tease.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
AllfatherStarr said:
@snakenobi
Can you please stop harping on that point over and over? Of course peoples minds are motivated by money, but how do they not participate in the nation's progress? Makes me feel as though youre not aware of the taxation laws in India. If your idea of progress is launching satellites into outer space, or making breakthrough drugs or scientific discoveries, well, I have news for you. Only a tiny fraction of ANY country's population works on that. The others HAVE to be the drones. A Business Analyst working out of the US is no less fo a corporate drone than the lowly IT guy in India. I hope you get that

i jst replied to you,was't harping over and over again

also progress should be of techinical and technological fields not nation.India is a democratic country not a communitic state where progress of nation is main goal

what about taxation laws do you want to debate?

rarely few business guys in india have any vision - i can name only one TATA.

all others are Baniyas and Bankers and corrupted politicians with sole aim of money changing and profit without work

and stop comparing business guy in USA with IT guy in india.I never brought that comparision.

this is also one of the main reason india is shitty.that we compare and attack others like pakistan to make ourselves look good and shows insecurity that a person has by attacking others and not correcting their own faults.

Not really , buddy. Apparently its you who is quite hell-bent on painting an exceptionally shitty picture when it comes to our country.

When i compared the " business guy in USA with IT guy in india", it was just to illustrate that people , who get a decent education, in ANY country, generally aspire to a job which pays them well. So its not just your own shitty country with the shit-brained people which has that.

"rarely few business guys in india have any vision - i can name only one TATA." : now this just aint true. Every person, in the history of this world, who ever opened up a business of their own, had at least one vision : To make a crap-ton of money. Now they either do it with class, or without it, but make no mistake, the main goal remains the same.

Dont get me wrong, i do not delude myself for one second that India is some glorious thriving economy,free of corruption or religious tension , or that we are one big happy 1.6 billion strong family, but lets not put our country down for things no one else has got right either. By all practical means, ours is still an infant nation, 60 odd years of independence, and the Brits had wiped the economic slate clean before leaving. Stuff will happen over decades.

Crowded country, crowded trains, Bollywood, not very developed country, very particular accent when speaking English, they are polytheists, have nice food and they don't get along well with Pakistan.

Those are the first things that come to mind.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Hundreds of millions starving, hundreds ultra wealthy, dirty place, floods, atomic bomb, great scientists, UKs ex colony, holy cows, ugly classism...........AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!!!!!!

Totally wasted potential.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I was born in Kerala, India, and have to say the difference of how the economy was back in 2001 and what it is now as of 2011 (last I went) is completely different, I mean totally different, it feels like a Mini America of the early 1900s (not sure if its the best way to describe it)

Homegrown Keralians (lol nickname) , instead of becoming successors to family grown businesses or careers are off towards a path of college degree'd professions such as Engineering, Doctoral, etc.

While the jobs that their fathers and grandfathers maintained for generations are now being replaced by people from different parts of India who normally dont talk the language of the Providence and/or are replaced by people who are from neighboring nations such as China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc.

Cant say its a bad thing considering the fact all those old villages that were around 10+ years ago are all now bustling mini cities and on the way of becoming a major center for trade and etc.

But for the old folks they've been saying that they missed the usual partnerships that they've had with certain families who had certain businesses.

Of course everything I said above was according to the growth of the providence within India (I honestly have no idea how it is outside of the providence).

But from what I've heard from friends and relatives who have lived there, life has changed so dramatic that if you dont catch up (in terms of education and all) you are screwed (which is pretty much like how it is in most nations now).

Times have changed of course. Although it is true that India is becoming more and more like China, it might not become totally like China, but it will be a close second in terms of trade and economical practices which occur in the business world.

Now personally would I want to go back to India and live there as a permanent resident? Nope.

P.S. what @play4fun said is pretty much true.

yup india is tottally different but that is one of the problems

india isn't growing all at a time but rather few people gettoing ultra rich and the wealth gap.

when a country grows so fast,it also drops fast.this will happen when globalization collapses cause india's foundations are very bad.

AllfatherStarr said:
snakenobi said:
AllfatherStarr said:
@snakenobi
Can you please stop harping on that point over and over? Of course peoples minds are motivated by money, but how do they not participate in the nation's progress? Makes me feel as though youre not aware of the taxation laws in India. If your idea of progress is launching satellites into outer space, or making breakthrough drugs or scientific discoveries, well, I have news for you. Only a tiny fraction of ANY country's population works on that. The others HAVE to be the drones. A Business Analyst working out of the US is no less fo a corporate drone than the lowly IT guy in India. I hope you get that

i jst replied to you,was't harping over and over again

also progress should be of techinical and technological fields not nation.India is a democratic country not a communitic state where progress of nation is main goal

what about taxation laws do you want to debate?

rarely few business guys in india have any vision - i can name only one TATA.

all others are Baniyas and Bankers and corrupted politicians with sole aim of money changing and profit without work

and stop comparing business guy in USA with IT guy in india.I never brought that comparision.

this is also one of the main reason india is shitty.that we compare and attack others like pakistan to make ourselves look good and shows insecurity that a person has by attacking others and not correcting their own faults.

Not really , buddy. Apparently its you who is quite hell-bent on painting an exceptionally shitty picture when it comes to our country.

When i compared the " business guy in USA with IT guy in india", it was just to illustrate that people , who get a decent education, in ANY country, generally aspire to a job which pays them well.

people go for money but they also have an aim

in india the only aim for majority of the people is money

also the expectation of money and job are different in all coluntries so don't compare a business guy to an indian IT guy who from a small town without any interaction with much technological hardware goes to become engineer

this is why people aren't creative in india as people just get exposure in college whereas in developed countries people start forming their ideas at early stage

So its not just your own shitty country with the shit-brained people which has that.

i never said anything like that.

"rarely few business guys in india have any vision - i can name only one TATA." : now this just aint true. Every person, in the history of this world, who ever opened up a business of their own, had at least one vision : To make a crap-ton of money.

thats your thinking and you are assuming all others do the same

this is a perfect example of how people have certain thinking and then assume all people are like them.

Now they either do it with class, or without it, but make no mistake, the main goal remains the same.

class.................lmao

indian buisness are all about services not much about industrialization and products which should be their

Dont get me wrong, i do not delude myself for one second that India is some glorious thriving economy,free of corruption or religious tension , or that we are one big happy 1.6 billion strong family, but lets not put our country down for things no one else has got right either.

stop comparing your country first,i wasn't.this is where people fail as their are egoistic about their own things

india has 1.21 billion population jst so you know

By all practical means, ours is still an infant nation,

its  not a nation(single culture) but a country(multi-culture)

60 odd years of independence, and the Brits had wiped the economic slate clean before leaving.

another shitting thing about india

we blame the brits for so many of our problems

who the hell did lets them gte in first.

even before that india was never a single nation,it was ruled by various kingdoms over each other.

Stuff will happen over decades.

sure

it will also happen over centures and millieniums but stop waiting for that

xKratosWitAGunx said:
Play4Fun said:
Well, having lived in both Guyana and Trinidad , two countries which have a high demographic of Indians, all I can tell you is that the girls are hot.

I've never been to India, but I've been told the wealth is not equally distributed. It mostly goes to a few while the poor majority still struggle.

Soo just like here in America?

You have no idea about the concept of power distance. India is one of the worst modernized countries that has such a wide gap and in far greater numbers than the US. You can't even begin to compare poverty levels and living conditions of the lower class.

My perceptions are a bit warped as I've met very, very few nice Indians (our next door neighbors were Indian and some of the nicest people ever, but so far, the only exception) but I generally ignore it and chalk that as culture differences.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Indian is a large country and there are varying economic stories emerging...

I disgaree, the overall Indian is growing more prosperous.

Normal people are now getting cars, appliances and Tv's.

Indian is also a very diverse country.

Every State has its own culture and own economic situation.

For example I Came from the Punjab (Northern India) and pretty much there has been a lack of real economic growth. Most of the growth is due to increased wealth due to land prices going up like crazy and that millions from that State have settled in Western Countries who now pour money back into the State.

So frankly if your a middle class family or a upper class family life is good.
One thing I like is you can just take a week off from your work and not worry about house get possessed and such.

However the environment is a disaster. I remember flying back to Toronto on a beautiful August on a Sunday and the air was so fresh and everything was so much cleaner.

I know for a fact that there are a ton of terrible drivers in India due to corruption and lack of training new drivers. They also have a lot of traffic deaths.

The one thing that cracks me up a lot though is their accent. Just the way that some Indians talk with their heavy Indian accent (like Apu in The Simpsons) cracks me up.

One thing that doesn't crack me up is how some of them smell. Most that take care of themselves don't have a body odor.  However, there are some that I can't even get near while out in public due to them stinking so bad. I heard it was because of the spices but I have no clue. Seems to me more like a lack of taking a shower or bath.  It is like a funk, a strong funky smell that is emitted. 

P.S.  There were a ton of Indians that went to Texas Tech University so this is mainly talking about my exposure to them while there and in Austin, Tx.  I'm not trying to be racist about saying that some of them stink.  I just want to know why they stink to me.  Is it due to not being exposed to those type of spices before and when some one sweats them out or what?