By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS sales 2008

Is it possible Nintendo sells 36 million DS this year?

I think so.

Will we see price drop on Wii or DS this year?

A christmas DS price drop of $20 even seems highly unlikely..Wii are gonna be sold out just as much as last year.. PPL continue to buy Wii because its the "cool" thing to do..... so no.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

yes i think they will sell more then 35 mil ds and i think wii will sell around 30 mil

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I see DS passing 100,000,000 and Wii I don't know yet

I think the DS might do that amount but @ brute... i doubt the wii will sell 10mil more this year than it has done last year...

Squall_Leonhart said:
I think the DS might do that amount but @ brute... i doubt the wii will sell 10mil more this year than it has done last year...

why not,i wouldnt be suprised if nintendo increased the production even more then 1.8 million a month

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

at the most Wii will sell 5mill more than last year but probably wont happen.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I just don't see it happening! The Wii, like most consoles will decline in demand this year and might even end up with less sold than last year... Only time will tell anyway!

@weezy
Both the DS and Wii should have a new model out or price drop this year.

@ Squall_Leonhart
Why will Wii sales decline when Nintendo could not make enough consoles last year and production will be higher this year?

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

@free

Well i meant to say might... Just with all the lack of stock i can see people getting tired of waiting... I know its happened to a few people i know anyway!

I don't think that there will be less sold, but i said, time will tell!

I dont think wii will sell less than last yr, but it certainly wont sell more than 20 million!! lets not forget wii sold abt 15 million in 2007... 20 million will be the production rate, and they wont sell every piece of wii hardware trust me!! maybe abt 17-18 million is my expectations, might reach 20 if production increases but still i think is too high.

Also DS has reached peak sales in most countries, especially in Japan where i rly do see a decline in sales there cuz 21 million DS is a hell of alot there!! but it will have strong momentum in both europe and NA, soo maybe another 20-25 million this yr, but 35 is rly high and i dont think it will be close to that at all!
I do think DS is the fastest selling console of all time though, isnt it?!