By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

I don't know anything about Dirt, but I am going to assume it's some sort of driving game. And if it is I just thought of a great possible Wii U driving game multi player co op mode:

One player drives using whatever controller while one player is the map reader using the screen controller. This could allow for some super intense racing and a pretty cool emulation of the driver/map reader relationship in Rally.

Around the Network

posting now to read through later.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Sega thinks Sonic is a "Perfect Fit" for the Wii U

The rumour about Sonic Dimensions on the Wii U may have been a hoax, but Takashi Iizuka, the producer of Sonic, believes the franchise is a “perfect fit” for the system. He also seemed confident in the potential of the platform, sharing that:

"The Wii was an extremely successful platform. It was totally global. It went into the families that maybe would not have picked up a home console before. It created that living room experience with families, and it had great success. Now, adding the controller, and in a sense upgrading the Wii, it has got potential to further that and increase its customer base."

And while he doesn’t provide any details, he feels the Wii U is “applicable to Sonic”, but they are still thinking of how they “will apply using the controller to Sonic”. But at least they are thinking about it.

Well he said the Dimensions is a hoax, but maybe has another title...

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

I don't doubt there will be a Sonic game on Wii U since there's one on every existing platform.

Around the Network

It'll probably be Sonic 4: Episode 2.

Love and tolerate.

Would anyone else go gaga over a new Wave Race- one that included a "Nintendo Cup" featuring tracks based on the likes of Lake Hylia and Ricco Harbour?

Katzenjammer said:
Would anyone else go gaga over a new Wave Race- one that included a "Nintendo Cup" featuring tracks based on the likes of Lake Hylia and Ricco Harbour?

Hell yes... Waverace 64 is probably my second favorite racing game of all time after Mario Kart DS.  I seriously have a feeling that we'll get a new one on either the WiiU or the 3DS (hopefully both).

@Spurge:  I seem to remember Jet Moto being a bit deeper of a game in some ways than Waverace 64, but WR was just unlike anything that had been done before.  The way the waves bobbed your watercraft around and how you could catch the tides for speed was just incredibly realistic and fun.  Jet Moto just came off as another "flat" racer to me (still cool, though).

archbrix said:
Katzenjammer said:

Hell yes... Waverace 64 is probably my second favorite racing game of all time after Mario Kart DS.  I seriously have a feeling that we'll get a new one on either the WiiU or the 3DS (hopefully both).

@Spurge:  I seem to remember Jet Moto being a bit deeper of a game in some ways than Waverace 64, but WR was just unlike anything that had been done before.  The way the waves bobbed your watercraft around and how you could catch the tides for speed was just incredibly realistic and fun.  Jet Moto just came off as another "flat" racer to me (still cool, though).

I think there'll be another one soon too. Just as long as it's not a rush jobbie like Pilotwings Resort, I'll be happy. And it would be great if released around the same time as Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pikmin 3. The Gamecube's Japanese launch games all coming back at once.

GTA V coming to Wii U?

According to a new financial report from developer/publisher Rockstar, the company will release Grand Theft Auto 5 in early 2013, and it will be coming to the Wii U in addition to other consoles. GTA V was announced last year, but no release date was given. Considering that Rockstar usually takes their time with games, and rarely announces release date until they’re absolutely certain, it’s easy to see Grand Theft Auto 5 be released about a year from now. But the biggest surprise is that it now appears we’ll be seeing GTA V on the Nintendo Wii U as well, and hopefully with some new and innovative ways of using the new Wii U controller.

Source: http://wiiudaily.com/2012/03/grand-theft-auto-5-coming-to-wii-u-in-2013/