By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Games to Buy - Game Sugguestions for New Xbox 360 Owners

Strategyking92 said:
^ I just went to my gamestop today- it was 45$ >.<

Heh, when I went to get it Friday night the guys at my Gamestop didn't even know it was on sale. They said it was $44.99, I told them to scan it, they did and it came up $29.99 in their computer. 

This isn't the first time they were clueless. Forza 2 was their used deal of the week back in early February. Said it was $29.99, scanned it and it came up $19.99.

Print out the flyer and take it to them.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
IN fact, while we are suggesting games that new Xbox 360 owners should play, far and away the best shooter released this year was Bioshock!!!

The best shooter of 2007 was  Call of Duty 4. Over 40 review sites voted COD 4 as the best game on each of the XBox 360 and PS3 for 2007.

My gamestop newsletter said that Overlord is 20$(down from 40) and Dark messiah: elements
is 30$ (down from 60)

EDIT: I tried to post a picture, but it won't let me)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

xbox 360 is good to budjet to 7 games to 10 games i recomend

Halo 3

oblivion

Forza2

Fable 2

Command and Conquer 3 tiberium wars

Call of Duty 4

Dead or alive 4

and three old xbox games Mechassault 2, Morrowind and Halo 2 

Love is whats most important.

mrstickball said:
I am sure it is. However, I am trying to focus on budget-priced (below $40 USD) games.

The list of must-buy full price games still seems to be:

Bioshock
Mass Effect
Call of Duty 4
Lost Odyssey
Rock Band

That list is good except replace BioShock with Halo 3. Halo 3 has a decent campaign and probably the best online gameplay on the XBox 360. I did not like Bioshock at all it was way too easy and it had no online play.

BTW: GTA 4 will be a must buy game when that comes out in two weeks time. 

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
mrstickball said:
I am sure it is. However, I am trying to focus on budget-priced (below $40 USD) games.

The list of must-buy full price games still seems to be:

Bioshock
Mass Effect
Call of Duty 4
Lost Odyssey
Rock Band

That list is good except replace BioShock with Halo 3. Halo 3 has a decent campaign and probably the best online gameplay on the XBox 360. I did not like Bioshock at all it was way too easy and it had no online play.

BTW: GTA 4 will be a must buy game when that comes out in two weeks time. 

Bioshock has a better single player... it's alot better.... I liked the demo better than the whole of halo 3's ....  For some reason the halo3 SP was very linear and forced.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Just Cause: 18$ used 30$ new

A good sandbox game

EDIT: could you make a sandbox (sub)genre section for cheap games?

here are some:  saints row, just cause, GUN, dead rising, naruto: rise of a ninja, the godfather(?), and oblivion.  I just looked on gamespot and there are alot of sandbox games coming in 2008 so I think sandbox style games should have their own section.

Where is Eternal Sonata on that list? It goes for $40 or less.

Also I think it about damn time GeOW drops it ridiculously high price.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I have seen ES for £15 (less than 1/3 the original price) an amazon.co.uk

Great list, though I will be renting most of those titles rather than buying, Mass Effect, LO and AC 6 should keep me busy for most of the time without the extra games

Is Saints Row worth renting if I already have GTA IV?