By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto confirmes HD Zelda is in development for Wii U

okr said:
Hopefully before 2016.

This.

Around the Network

File this one under AH-DUUUHHHH!!!!

And no way this is launching with the Wii U... we just had Skyward Sword, which took them 5 years to put out. I'd be shocked if we get a new Zelda by holiday 2013 or sooner.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

As long as they rethink how the game flows, I'll be interested.

I like all the Zelda games I played, but the last few ones were way too restrictive/linear in their progression. Too streamlined and something was lost from the older games like OoT and aLttP, and I think it's more than due time for Nintendo to change the overly formulaic designs they used since Aonuma got at the helm.
His designs ideas got stale after OoT, relying more and more on gimmicks...

Did NOT see that coming, next thing you know, they'll be saying Mario games are coming.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

okr said:
Hopefully before 2016.

They said that they'd aim for a three year development time this time around.

Around the Network

Lol, 'he wouldn't announce whether it would be a launch title'...?

As if. x'D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

As much as I loved that E3 demo, I really hope they make young Link the star this time (I know I'm in the minority, though).

sethnintendo said:

Not the biggest Zelda fan so I am not excited. I'd rather see almost any other Nintendo IP than Zelda. Maybe someday I'll sit down and actually finish a Zelda game...

I agree. Definetly not a huge Zelda fan. Just own them to say Ihave them.

What a shocking revelation

Progression is the main point to fix. That and hoping that they stick to their promise to keep the series motion-controlled. Skyward Sword largely fixed combat and some problems of world design (micro problems as opposed to macro problems), so the future is looking good, as long as they don't succumb entirely to the U Pad

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.